LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SoCold:
oh and another thing SD so called 49er fan

stfu and go be a seahawks fan

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Basically, Banner and Lombardi are so freakin hopeless that they made Cleveland look even worse and have now roped in the 49ers on their way down the drain. I thinks safe to say that neither man will ever work for the 49ers.

Banner was the guy who brought Roseman into the Eagles organization as a cap counselor. But soon, the upwardly mobile Roseman was bringing ideas to Andy Reid and began to be shepherded up through the organization on the personnel side. Howie was on the way up and he was Andy's guy.

Then, prior to the 2012 draft, Jeff Lurie, unhappy with the performance in the most recent 2 drafts "streamlined the process." Now, we don't know exactly what that meant, but the reporting was that it meant Banner was out of the process and Roseman was given an increased role. Soon after, Banner left the organization.

So you can at least see where Banner may not exactly like Howie. Given the reports over the years about how much players hated Joe due to his tough negotiation style... you can also kind of see how it's not entirely out of Joe's character to diss an opponent.

Doesn't this sound a lot like the 49ers situation now?

Lurie says it was frustrating to hear all of this reports, knowing they were wrong but still being to focused on the search to deal with it. "We knew strategically what was going on with league sources and stuff like that," Lurie said. "This was such erroneous reporting it was insane. The people we interviewed and the people who called the people we interviewed were so positive that I think it dwarfed any of the individual agendas of anybody that was quoted as league sources. It was a joke to us, really."
Dont mess around.

Make Harbaugh GM and head coach which is what he will probably ask for when his contract expires.

Harbaugh resurrected both Stanford and the 49ers.

Both Baalke and David Shaw owe their success to Harbaugh.

Coaches like Harbaugh dont come around often.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed York needs to get his head out of his father's ass and pay Jim what he deserves.
Originally posted by Touchdown49ers2014:
Dont mess around.

Make Harbaugh GM and head coach which is what he will probably ask for when his contract expires.

I like Jeds front office structure the way it is. Hire the GM the GM hires the coach. You pay Baalke and step back and step up when Jim has earned his money. Personally I think Jim is due a raise but yes he needs a chip to get paid like Bellicheck.
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:14 PM ]
Dont mess around.

Being a good coach doesn't make you a good GM. The front office structure is perfectly fine the way it is currently. Baalke does what he does, Harbaugh does what he does, 49ers don't need a Holmgren situation.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
I like Jeds front office structure the way it is. Hire the GM the GM hires the coach. You pay Baalke and step back and step up when Jim has earned his money. Personally I think Jim is due a raise but yes he needs a chip to get paid like Bellicheck.

imo dont risk losing Harbaugh.

its easier to find a GM then a head coach. there is a serious drought of productive head coaches these days. the coaches getting hired don't impress.

also theres no head coaches out there like Harbaugh who know how to develop a QB.

Harbaugh did a awesome job recruiting at Stanford. I think he could be a good GM if he has someone assisting him with salary cap decisions like Carmen Policy did back in the day.
imo dont risk losing Harbaugh.

its easier to find a GM then a head coach. there is a serious drought of productive head coaches these days. the coaches getting hired don't impress.

also theres no head coaches out there like Harbaugh who know how to develop a QB.

Harbaugh did a awesome job recruiting at Stanford. I think he could be a good GM if he has someone assisting him with salary cap decisions like Carmen Policy did back in the day.

Or the 49ers could stand firm and count on Harbaugh to use his common sense to recognize what a valuable aid it can be having a GM that focuses on personnel issues, just like his brother has in Baltimore with Ozzie and Seattle has in their own front office. There's no sign that Harbaugh has or will be demanding to take over personnel decisions as well.

This idea that you can just easily swap out GM's is pretty nuts. A high quality GM is not easy to come by. Baltimore has won 2 Superbowls with two different head coaches but with the same general manager. If you can't keep acquiring talent consistently, you won't win in this league, no matter who your coach is.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:34 PM ]
Have we heard anything from Harbaugh yet?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Have we heard anything from Harbaugh yet?

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn SF Head coach Jim Harbaugh text to me on reports Niners-Browns discussed trading him: "I echo Jed York's comment - isn't true...."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]

The most surprising thing about that is that Harbaugh uses texting haha
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
The most surprising thing about that is that Harbaugh uses texting haha

Its annoying as hell to send texts on a little flip phone.
Haven't looked at the last few pages. What's SD saying now?
Also Mike Florio can go eat a bag of dicks!
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Haven't looked at the last few pages. What's SD saying now?

He signed up for the Seahawks fan starter package apparently, a Richard Sherman jersey, a tour guide of the Seattle underground, a signed copy of Pete Carroll's book and a 12th Man Thunderstick.
Share 49ersWebzone