LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 152 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerAce:
It wouldn't be the webzone without the classic overreaction posts, and the crazy laughable posts (special thanks to sandiego). At least we always have people like Marvin and Phoenix to bring some of the sanity back.

lol....SD gonna SD.
While it may be true the Browns came sniffing around Harbaugh, he'd be a fool to leave the 49ers for a NFL Dead Zone like Cleveland and if he thinks he has problems working for the Yorks, try to co-exist with a nut like Jimmy Haslam.

Methinks Mike Florio feels like he hasn't started a controversy for about a week or so. Don't believe the hype.
There's no way Harbaugh voluntarily leaves until he's put Pete Carroll back in his place.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Look at what this has done since it came out. Yes he would be worried about fan backlash. Also any potential rift between Harbs and Trent which has been discussed before. It's called damage control and cleaning up a potential PR nightmare. If there is no way to fully prove it, you just deny deny deny!

Again I'm not saying it's all true but I think part of it is, which Jed said there was no truth.

This thread has been nothing short of CLASSIC all day. just reading the responses in here has had me dying of laughter. Am not sure what to believe or whom to believe therefore I've stayed on the sidelines.

Next it's funny how Susweel called out SD. yes SD trolls but it's a know fact. So does Susweel. Guess the pots calling the kettle black comes to mind. With all that said I know present you my next joint brought to you by none other than Joakim Noah.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
i can see the ego of JH at work here.. perhaps he feels that he just took the niners to the nfc title game three years in a row,,, now my legacy would be further cemented if i could turn the browns around.. now normal coaches and people do not look to turn teams around until they won a super bowl but JH is not normal. now comes word there is"substance" to this. the niners can stop this bubbling pot on the stove by just signing him to an extension,,, if they do not soon I think we pretty much can figure Jh will be gone, for reasons we will never really know for sure, after his contract is up.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
f**k Mike Florio. Why does he keep trying to stir s**t up with us? There is no way we would be dumb enough to just go off and trade Harbaugh. We were s**t before he got here. Since he got here, we've been to three straight NFC Championships. No way we even have considered trading him. f**k you Mike Florio trying to stir s**t up and cause tension throughout the organization. Probably a Seattle tactic

After following all the various threads of this storyline, it goes like this.

Lombardi or Banner->>>>>>This Joe Lull guy who has been an apologist for them the whole time, clearly is being fed a bunch of BS by them that he's happily swallowing up----------> Florio, either from Lull or directly from Lombardi or Banner themselves.

Lull himself stated that only "you could count on one hand the amount of people in the Browns organization knew about Harbaugh." This could mean 5 people..4...3...2...1, any combination of that.

The Browns offered the job to McDaniels, he was ready to go and accept the position, this was back when the 49ers were still in the playoffs and was confirmed by the media at the time. Lombardi made some proclamations that McDaniels would be their coach, then they did what all f**k-ups do and they f**ked up, they got cute and started talking to other coaching candidates, this was confirmed by the Cleveland media. McDaniels got pissed off that they were still interviewing people, basically decided to take his ball and go home.

Now Lombardi and Banner have egg on their face, some of the other candidates they were interested in either withdrew their names after the way McDaniels was treated, or they managed to piss off completely such as in the case of Ken Whisenhunt who got up in Banner's face during the interview, challenging him on exactly what the hell he knew about putting together a Superbowl caliber coaching staff.

In a Hail Mary attempt, the Lombardi starts a discussion of how to acquire a top candidate, to make a big splash after blowing it with McDaniels and Chip Kelly a year earlier. Harbaugh is the first guy on the rolodex since Lombardi has a connection to both of the Harbaugh brothers from his time in Philly and Oakland and since Jim is from Toledo they figure maybe the Lombardi connection plus Harbaugh's Midwest roots would help their cause, not to mention the rumors of friction between Baalke, who beat out Lombardi for the 49ers GM job 3 years ago, and Harbaugh. Lombardi and Banner, as f**k-up's tend to do, begin to talk up a potential huge acquisition that would change the franchise to the ownership before anything has been done. When they approach the 49ers, the whole thing falls apart, either the 49ers laugh at them on the other end or they demand a ridiculous amount of compensation that Cleveland won't meet.

Lombardi and Banner go back with their tails between their legs, end up hiring the defensive coordinator who had the 20th ranked NFL defense. They blew it with McDaniels, blew it with Whisenhunt, and blew it with Harbaugh, Haslam is pissed off, decides to dump both of them.

They both go to the media when everyone is consolidated at the Combine, where both have been seen in attendance, they talk up the Harbaugh connection as being far more tangible than it actually was in an attempt to try and save face, to massage the story to their advantage, their idiot lap dog on talk radio in Cleveland happily laps up the BS and......here we go.

Sounds about right. i was thinking the exact same thing after I read all the reports.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Gordon + a 1st round pick I do it in a heartbeat.

you would still have roman who would use gordon as a decoy so he can line up staley out wide just so he can show the world how smart he is. it does not matter who your head coach is when you have a mongoloid for a OC

• NeKro
  • ArmyHoe

The man, and most importantly OUR coach! September can't come soon enough.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm still jacked.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Originally posted by cciowa:
i can see the ego of JH at work here.. perhaps he feels that he just took the niners to the nfc title game three years in a row,,, now my legacy would be further cemented if i could turn the browns around.. now normal coaches and people do not look to turn teams around until they won a super bowl but JH is not normal. now comes word there is"substance" to this. the niners can stop this bubbling pot on the stove by just signing him to an extension,,, if they do not soon I think we pretty much can figure Jh will be gone, for reasons we will never really know for sure, after his contract is up.

With these two dicks involved, I wouldn't be shocked if the 49ers had nothing to do with this situation but now are being forced to respond and taking the brunt of the media heat as a result. Its clear how Lombardi and Banner like to handle their business.

The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said its highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure. The 49ers likely will interview Philadelphia offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg once he becomes available (the Eagles are playing this week), and they are expected to hire an offensive-minded coach if at all possible.

Had the 49ers changed their structure and been willing to hire an outside GM, then meet the financial threshold that Harbaugh is commanding on the market, they could have built a dream staff, according to sources. NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi interviewed for the GM position Tuesday in San Francisco. Lombardi has strong ties to Harbaugh, but also McDaniels, with the possibility of having McDaniels as offensive coordinator and another former head coach as defensive coordinator.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d804b9/article/niners-might-be-forced-to-change-direction-in-coach-search?module=HP_headlines

"When the offseason began, it became clear that Jeff Lurie, current owner of the Eagles, and his former right hand man and boyhood friend Joe Banner, now running the Cleveland Browns, were set for a showdown. Each side had targeted Chip Kelly as their #1 choice for their next head coach and each were all in on getting him.

Joe scored the first interview after the Fiesta Bowl and met with Chip for 7 hours. Jeff jumped in next and met with Chip for 9 hours.

In the end, Jeff got his man. But in the meantime, Jeff's new right hand man, Howie Roseman, started to come under fire. You see, the Browns didn't get Chip Kelly because they didn't want him... or at least that's what they put out afterward. But the Eagles didn't get him because he simply didn't want to work with Howie Roseman.

And the assault on Roseman continued with personal attacks from CBS' Jason LaCanfora who cited sources saying Roseman was "drunk with power," "woefully out of his depth" and that he was the reason no one wanted the Eagles job.

In the end, the Chip Kelly hire certainly makes all that speculation seem untrue and Jeff Lurie told CSNPhilly's Ruben Frank that he thinks it was fueled from Cleveland.

"I'm very supportive of Howie, and if there's any criticism coming from afar about Howie, it's just off-base, and so I will support Howie completely, because that's not right," Lurie said. "And, you know, if there are league sources that are really based in Cleveland, that's not right. We see through it all."

There can be little doubt what "based in Cleveland" means. He's not talking about Browns owner Jimmy Haslam...

For his part, Banner vehemently denies being the guy whispering in LaCanfora's ear."
Basically, Banner and Lombardi are so freakin hopeless that they made Cleveland look even worse and have now roped in the 49ers on their way down the drain. I thinks safe to say that neither man will ever work for the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone