LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well I guess a few posters need to appogisr for calling people stupid for thinking there was some truth to this. And yes, all Jed can do is lie out his ass and deny everything at this point.

Nothing of the kind, all we know is that the Browns MADE a run at Harbaugh, nothing about what the 49ers response was. "Serious stage" is an entirely subjective term. Browns picking up the phone and calling Baalke could be considered serious compared to them having just internal discussions.

Don't go leaping off of cliffs just yet, calling York a liar when you don't have all of the facts is just asinine.

Jed tweeted there was 0 truth to this, on the record. Now it looks like there might be some truth. How do you classify that...being half honest?
Mortensen was also one of the talking heads who had Harbaugh as a lock to Miami, since Jim Harbaugh is obviously coaching the Miami Dolphins today, this thread should be in NFL Talk because he's never wrong.
Jim is under contract two more years here! Now the 49ers should be focused on the draft and free agency
Some of you guys would have killed your neighbors during the original broadcast of War Of The Worlds lol
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport

Browns did indeed make a run at Jim Harbaugh that reached a serious stage, sources confirm substance of @ProFootballTalk report.

Well I guess a few posters need to appogisr for calling people stupid for thinking there was some truth to this. And yes, all Jed can do is lie out his ass and deny everything at this point.

Chris Mortenson said it so it must be true huh? Lol

We are up to I think 3 reports saying there is some truth. The Browns haven't denied anything. All you have is Jed saying it's a lie. Either it's a grand conspiracy or to a certain extent factual.

I would tend to believe a man who comes out and says it is false over anonymous sources any day

All the reports I've read link back to PFT.
Well, two seperate reporters made the same claim. Jed has a reason for denial. What reason would Mort jave to backup the claim?

We don't know how far it went, but Jed saying it isn't true doesn't seem real at this point.

Balke has some splainin to do
Some of you guys would have killed your neighbors during the original broadcast of War Of The Worlds lol

The radio said the aliens were landing doe.
We are up to I think 3 reports saying there is some truth. The Browns haven't denied anything. All you have is Jed saying it's a lie. Either it's a grand conspiracy or to a certain extent factual.

And we have multiple other reports that say it is rubbish. Adam Schefter and Peter King both have come out and stated that it never got past the initial stages within the Browns organization.

No time for this. We're in full hysteria mode over here.
Why wouldn't we listen? And why wouldn't we tell Jim he may have a terrific job offer where he could increase his salary?

And we have multiple other reports that say it is rubbish. Adam Schefter and Peter King both have come out and stated that it never got past the initial stages within the Browns organization.

It's possible. But the quote of Harbs saying no to the trade is the key. Maybe Jed was kept in the dark by Trent? At this point Jed can't confirm anything without making the organization look foolish.

Jed tweeted there was 0 truth to this, on the record. Now it looks like there might be some truth. How do you classify that...being half honest?

How do you figure that there might be some truth to this exactly? Because unnamed sources told you so? The same unnamed sources that told Schefter and King that it was an idea cooked up within the Browns own organization but was never entertained by the 49ers?

Stop being in such a rush to be the first monkey to throw excrement around at the zoo. I've seen zero proof that there's any legitimacy to this story, if anything, I potentially see a guy like Lombardi behind the "unnamed source", lashing out at the two teams that have rejected him through the media.

Put some names to these sources and then we can talk. Until then, Jed York publicly stating that there is no truth to this is the only actual statement to be taken seriously.
Originally posted by Jt8786:
Well, two seperate reporters made the same claim. Jed has a reason for denial. What reason would Mort jave to backup the claim?

We don't know how far it went, but Jed saying it isn't true doesn't seem real at this point.

Balke has some splainin to do
This is point! Right now Baalke has the draft and free agency to do!! This whole charade is BS!!
Mortensen was also one of the talking heads who had Harbaugh as a lock to Miami, since Jim Harbaugh is obviously coaching the Miami Dolphins today, this thread should be in NFL Talk because he's never wrong.

This.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Nothing of the kind, all we know is that the Browns MADE a run at Harbaugh, nothing about what the 49ers response was. "Serious stage" is an entirely subjective term. Browns picking up the phone and calling Baalke could be considered serious compared to them having just internal discussions.

Don't go leaping off of cliffs just yet, calling York a liar when you don't have all of the facts is just asinine.

Jed responded directly to a claim that we in fact agreed to trade Harbaugh. He never denied it being explored. Semantics and line of questioning win out. Jed played his cards perfectly.

Every report needs to be taken with a grain of salt because as some have noticed, myself included, Harbaugh and Michael Lombardi are real chummy outside of football. Then Michael's son, Mick, is Harbaugh's assistant and has been for over year.

Meaning 3 possible "sources" for this entire thing can all be traced to those 3. Harbaugh could be leveraging the FO for contractual negotiations, the Lombardi's could be taken stabs at both the Browns and 9ers for spiting them.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

The radio said the aliens were landing doe.

Share 49ersWebzone