There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

Originally posted by valrod33:

I already posted that you bum licker.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Originally posted by kronik:
These beliefs of yours are derived from what exactly? Erroneous articles like this one from PFT ?

It's speculation, just like your speculation that PFT is incorrect. This story did not come from thin air, there is truth to it but we don't know the extent of that truth. That's not speculation, that's fact.

Was Jed York speculating when he said the report was false? Or are you calling him a liar?

I'm calling him a liar. What would Jed, the organization and the team have to gain by saying "yeah we almost traded Jim to the Browns" ? I'll answer that for you, nothing.

Right. And do you have evidence to support Jed ever lying? I'll answer that for you. No.

It's incredibly hypocritical to claim someone is lying by using the evidence of someone who has reported false stories in the recent past concerning our team and coach.

All I'm really hearing from you is a bunch of

Can you prove Jed was telling the truth? You're avoiding the elephant in the room... WHY THE HELL WOULD JED CONFIRM THE REPORT? He would only create more damage by confirming the report, get that through your thick skull. Just because you discredit PFT does not validate your meaningless statements. PFT is not the only one reporting that Cleveland was making a move on Harbaugh. Albert Breer says there was noise from Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh 3 weeks ago. 2 sources from 2 different news outlets.

None of us want to think the golden boy president would be a liar, and I don't think the story has anything close to the legs that some tried to give it but...sometimes the head man has to lie to keep the house in order. So while I am not saying that is the case here, if it was, it would not be the first time the head guy has to lie about something. It is just something that happens. No big deal.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,344
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think that while player decisions may be causing some friction between Baalke and Harbaugh, I believe the main issue is the niners are pissed off for the ineptness of what many fans feel is some of the offensive coaches namely, the wide receiver coach and OC. I think Baalke wants some better coaching in some areas. I don't believe Roman's not getting a head coaching job as just coincidence and Harbaugh may be unwilling to undercut his guys.

I didn't read this before I posted above but agree with it, particularly the Roman part. Other teams are not stupid and are not snowed by the win/loss record. They see the failures of the offense and want no part of it.

I have to agree dj - as usual.

Think about it from Baalke's perspective; I've helped install the best at almost every position on this offense; OL, RB, TE, - and still at WR, it' wasn't that shabby - Crabtree and Boldin. I think it speaks volumes that Baalke thinks the offensive player development is problematic. This. Team. Is. Deep. You can't say the only reason why an offense is completely inept at time with the best OL if football is because we don't have a guy that can run a sub 4.4 40 at WR. Your entire offense can't rely on one or two players because every GM know injuries are simply part of football life. No team is every going to be 100% healthy all the time. The offense has to develop and grow, involve more players. Lattimore would be wasted with LMJ and Hunter because we don't even rotate that well.

You can't continue to stock the fridge with steak without thinking at some point the family wonders why chicken soup is for dinner night after night.

Very great posts right here. all right on point.
I believe Harbaugh is still under contract with the 49ers. Until that changes there is nothing to see here. I just hope that our staff is focused on the draft and free agency unlike some of us. Florio is special to say the least. I will go with the guy that signs the checks!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,344
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 3m Per @SI_PeterKing, #49ers never discussed "trade terms" for Harbaugh with #Browns. Leaves room for the topic to have been broached btw teams

This tweet is what every rational person has thought today.

A trade was BROACHED BY THE BROWNS.

At this point the 9ers could've said F**k off. Or at least we'll think about it before we get back to terms then said no anyway.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 13,395
Florio needs a beatdown
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by dj43:
We will never know the true story but one thing that does have some legs is the fact that Harbaugh and Baalke certainly appear to have been on different planets on the 2012 draft. Baalke drafted some small quick guys at the top of the draft to give the offense much needed speed and Harbaugh virtually ignored them. That makes Baalke and the team look bad.

We have ranted about the lack of development of WRs and the offense in general for months now. No matter how one views this trade story, there has to be some friction in the FO over the lack of offense. So while there is likely to always be some friction between a HC and a GM, especially when the GM has final say over the roster, the offense, or lack thereof, would lend some background to developing such a story.

Friction between Harbaugh and Baalke may have something to do with the failure to get an extension done so far. Harbaugh MAY be asking for final say on the roster and Baalke is resisting. So if that were the case, and such a thing could easily have leaked, then a phone call from the Browns might have happened.


We drafted James because Harbaugh wanted him.

Then why has he been used in a completely different way than he was at Oregon? The reports were that James was a poor man's Darren Sproles but has never been used at all like Sproles.

Sorry. I don't buy the idea that Harbaugh really wanted him. If he did, he didn't pay much attention to scouting reports and game film. I believe this was a Baalke pick, not a Harbaugh pick.
It's the silly season and Florio and company have nothing better to do then to stir up shi*.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I have to agree dj - as usual.

Think about it from Baalke's perspective; I've helped install the best at almost every position on this offense; OL, RB, TE, - and still at WR, it' wasn't that shabby - Crabtree and Boldin. I think it speaks volumes that Baalke thinks the offensive player development is problematic. This. Team. Is. Deep. You can't say the only reason why an offense is completely inept at time with the best OL if football is because we don't have a guy that can run a sub 4.4 40 at WR. Your entire offense can't rely on one or two players because every GM know injuries are simply part of football life. No team is every going to be 100% healthy all the time. The offense has to develop and grow, involve more players. Lattimore would be wasted with LMJ and Hunter because we don't even rotate that well.

You can't continue to stock the fridge with steak without thinking at some point the family wonders why chicken soup is for dinner night after night.

Great points made by NinerGM and DJ
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody think Lombardi is the soruce?

it probably was

Absolutely
So this dude just completely made this up? Why?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think that while player decisions may be causing some friction between Baalke and Harbaugh, I believe the main issue is the niners are pissed off for the ineptness of what many fans feel is some of the offensive coaches namely, the wide receiver coach and OC. I think Baalke wants some better coaching in some areas. I don't believe Roman's not getting a head coaching job as just coincidence and Harbaugh may be unwilling to undercut his guys.

I didn't read this before I posted above but agree with it, particularly the Roman part. Other teams are not stupid and are not snowed by the win/loss record. They see the failures of the offense and want no part of it.

I have to agree dj - as usual.

Think about it from Baalke's perspective; I've helped install the best at almost every position on this offense; OL, RB, TE, - and still at WR, it' wasn't that shabby - Crabtree and Boldin. I think it speaks volumes that Baalke thinks the offensive player development is problematic. This. Team. Is. Deep. You can't say the only reason why an offense is completely inept at time with the best OL if football is because we don't have a guy that can run a sub 4.4 40 at WR. Your entire offense can't rely on one or two players because every GM know injuries are simply part of football life. No team is every going to be 100% healthy all the time. The offense has to develop and grow, involve more players. Lattimore would be wasted with LMJ and Hunter because we don't even rotate that well.

You can't continue to stock the fridge with steak without thinking at some point the family wonders why chicken soup is for dinner night after night.

Very great posts right here. all right on point.

Agreed!
Originally posted by dj43:
Then why has he been used in a completely different way than he was at Oregon? The reports were that James was a poor man's Darren Sproles but has never been used at all like Sproles.

Sorry. I don't buy the idea that Harbaugh really wanted him. If he did, he didn't pay much attention to scouting reports and game film. I believe this was a Baalke pick, not a Harbaugh pick.

Why not James developed the talent and adjusted to Oregons scheme and destroyed harbaughs stanford team (part of the reason he wanted him) he was also probably the best player left in the draft, if James could adjust to Oregons scheme Harbaugh could have believed he could adjust to ours also.
Originally posted by dj43:
Then why has he been used in a completely different way than he was at Oregon? The reports were that James was a poor man's Darren Sproles but has never been used at all like Sproles.

Sorry. I don't buy the idea that Harbaugh really wanted him. If he did, he didn't pay much attention to scouting reports and game film. I believe this was a Baalke pick, not a Harbaugh pick.

I've said this before, it could be Rathman holding LMJ back. It's plausible that Harbs wanted LMJ but once in the pros, he hasn't come along well. If the RB coach is trusted, and LMJ isn't "good"...Harbs may be going off of Rathmans suggestion to not play him.