LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • dj43
Originally posted by pd24:
If it comes down to it do you think Jed keeps Harbs and gives him GM power while letting Baalke go. Or does he pick Baalke over Harbaugh? I would go with Harbaugh.

At the end of the day, I think that is the question.

IMO, Jed should call Harbaugh and Baalke into his office, close the door and tell them neither can leave until they kiss and make up.

I too would go with Harbaugh but I would demand some changes in the offensive coaching staff. I've made my point about Harbaugh here often - he is a very good, not great coach. There are 7 or 8 other HCs around the league that would make me very happy. Problem is; none are available, so you make the current situation work.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
At this point, given their respective track records, Jed needs to dump Baalke if it's a "him or me" type of situation.
I would trade Harbaugh in heatbeat. He's proven over time he CANT WIN A BIG GAME. 3 years in a row now. And in college too. He could never win a National Championship. I would trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. He is a proven winner in college and the pros. He has multiple trophies in each. You can't win the BIG GAME with Harbaugh IMO. The pressure is too much for him and it overwhelms and overtakes him. He can't handle BIG GAME pressure. Pete Carroll has no problem with it college or pros. I'd trade him straight up for Josh Gordon too. We could use a WR like that more than Harbaugh.

What has Harbaugh ever won? He won't either IMO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I would trade Harbaugh in heatbeat. He's proven over time he CANT WIN A BIG GAME. 3 years in a row now. And in college too. He could never win a National Championship. I would trade him straight up for Pete Carroll. He is a proven winner in college and the pros. He has multiple trophies in each. You can't win the BIG GAME with Harbaugh IMO. The pressure is too much for him and it overwhelms and overtakes him. He can't handle BIG GAME pressure. Pete Carroll has no problem with it college or pros. I'd trade him straight up for Josh Gordon too. We could use a WR like that more than Harbaugh.

This guy again.

LMAO
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

WTF is this...........Troll alert!
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by susweel:

This guy again.

Wow. Sus dogging Diego. Shows you how bad SanDiego is.

This guy again.

I want a coach who can WIN THE BIG GAME like Pete Carroll. Not a HC who will turn us into the Eagles and lose NFC Championship game after NFC Championship game. Get to the SB once and lose.
Bill Walsh had no trouble WINNING BIG GAMES. There are regular season coaches and there are playoff BIG GAME coaches. They are not always the same thing. Harbaugh is a REGULAR SEASON GUY.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 21, 2014 at 6:42 PM ]

Originally posted by jimrat:

I have mentioned this before. A friend of SanDiegos outside the zone told me he just posts stuff to get under peoples skin. It is enjoyment for him. With that knowledge and his track record of posts i don't understand why the mods let him continue to do what he does. He tries to bring every conversation down to a fight.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

lol SD with a suswheel-esque post.

While if read seriously I can see and may even agree with the rational points but saying you would trade for Carroll is laughable. Especially when last season wasn't in anyway attributed to Carroll but ironically the front office, individual efforts from Lynch, Wilson, Boom squad and freak instances such as his kicker pussing out a 50 yarder and getting extra time on the play clock to have his OC call the play to Kearse on 4 and 7.

Carroll like Harbaugh is a great players coach but the past 2 seasons aren't directly attributed to him.
Bill Walsh had no trouble WINNING BIG GAMES. There are regular season coaches and there are playoff BIG GAME coaches. They are not always the same thing. Harbaugh is a REGULAR SEASON GUY.

Bill Walsh lost big games too. Coaches don't win games. They put the team in position to win games. The players have to execute. I think Harbaugh has done a great job. Who would you replace him with? Give me 3 names.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by jimrat:

I have mentioned this before. A friend of SanDiegos outside the zone told me he just posts stuff to get under peoples skin. It is enjoyment for him. With that knowledge and his track record of posts i don't understand why the mods let him continue to do what he does. He tries to bring every conversation down to a fight.

Lie. You have no friend outside the zone who knows anything about me.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SportsFan:

This guy again.

Wow. Sus dogging Diego. Shows you how bad SanDiego is.

he still better than a Canadian
Share 49ersWebzone