There are 146 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Yes, you are retarding the discussion by using speculation as fact. It serves no purpose other than to add to the speculation. Thus it retards people discussing the possibilities in a logical manner. Nice insults, by the way. They really add to your stellar argument.

lol. See my post above. Speculation is a claim without any facts or evidence to support it.
man, i have been working soooo much i haven't been on much lately.

Then i get on and read this nonsense?

Dafuq is going on?
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
man, i have been working soooo much i haven't been on much lately.

Then i get on and read this nonsense?

Dafuq is going on?

me too

WTF????
Originally posted by sfout:
lol. See my post above. Speculation is a claim without any facts or evidence to support it.

When Pettine was hired, then-Browns CEO Joe Banner acknowledged there was one last "mystery candidate" out there who'd been under consideration but declined to name him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10498181/cleveland-browns-nearly-acquired-san-francisco-head-coach-jim-harbaugh-draft-picks
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveYoung:

When Pettine was hired, then-Browns CEO Joe Banner acknowledged there was one last "mystery candidate" out there who'd been under consideration but declined to name him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10498181/cleveland-browns-nearly-acquired-san-francisco-head-coach-jim-harbaugh-draft-picks

That wording alone makes it as pure conjecture that we AGREED to a trade.

Did the Browns "Consider" trading for Harbaugh? Hell yea

Did they call us? Hell yea

Did we listen? Hell yea. this is a business, respect all parties and leverage anyway you can.

Did we tell Harbaugh? Hell yea, his assistant is Michael Lombardi's son, and JH and Michael L are apparently BFFs so we gave him the opportunity to say he was loyal to the 9ers.

Did we actually trade him but Harbaugh changed his mind? This is where nothing can be believed now.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
REALLY BAALKE???? WTF DUDE, WHY YOU TRY AND TRADE OUR COACH????

HOPEFULLY WHAT REALLY HAPPENED WAS THAT AFTER LISTENING TO THE PROPOSAL BAALKE TOLD THE BROWNS, "GO f**k YOURSELVES WITH A TRIDENT."

AND THAT'S WHY THEY PERPETUATING THIS STORY.
That wording alone makes it as pure conjecture that we AGREED to a trade.

Did the Browns "Consider" trading for Harbaugh? Hell yea

Did they call us? Hell yea

Did we listen? Hell yea

Did we tell Harbaugh? Hell yea, this is a business, respect all parties and leverage anyway you can

Did we actually trade him but Harbaugh changed his mind? This is where nothing can be believed now.

You are speculating that they called us and that Harbaugh changed his mind. Both of which I think are un-true.

I think Harbaugh called his buddy Lombardi. Harbaugh is fed up with Baalke because he doesn't call all the shots and I think we had a deal in place but it was nixed when Harbaugh's wife decided she didn't want to move to Cleveland.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:18 PM ]
  • dj43
We will never know the true story but one thing that does have some legs is the fact that Harbaugh and Baalke certainly appear to have been on different planets on the 2012 draft. Baalke drafted some small quick guys at the top of the draft to give the offense much needed speed and Harbaugh virtually ignored them. That makes Baalke and the team look bad.

We have ranted about the lack of development of WRs and the offense in general for months now. No matter how one views this trade story, there has to be some friction in the FO over the lack of offense. So while there is likely to always be some friction between a HC and a GM, especially when the GM has final say over the roster, the offense, or lack thereof, would lend some background to developing such a story.

Friction between Harbaugh and Baalke may have something to do with the failure to get an extension done so far. Harbaugh MAY be asking for final say on the roster and Baalke is resisting. So if that were the case, and such a thing could easily have leaked, then a phone call from the Browns might have happened.

Originally posted by dj43:
We will never know the true story but one thing that does have some legs is the fact that Harbaugh and Baalke certainly appear to have been on different planets on the 2012 draft. Baalke drafted some small quick guys at the top of the draft to give the offense much needed speed and Harbaugh virtually ignored them. That makes Baalke and the team look bad.

We have ranted about the lack of development of WRs and the offense in general for months now. No matter how one views this trade story, there has to be some friction in the FO over the lack of offense. So while there is likely to always be some friction between a HC and a GM, especially when the GM has final say over the roster, the offense, or lack thereof, would lend some background to developing such a story.

Friction between Harbaugh and Baalke may have something to do with the failure to get an extension done so far. Harbaugh MAY be asking for final say on the roster and Baalke is resisting. So if that were the case, and such a thing could easily have leaked, then a phone call from the Browns might have happened.

We drafted James because Harbaugh wanted him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
You are speculating that they called us and that Harbaugh changed his mind. Both of which I think are un-true.

I think Harbaugh called his buddy Lombardi. Harbaugh is fed up with Baalke because he doesn't call all the shots and I think we had a deal in place but it was nixed when Harbaugh's wife decided she didn't want to move to Cleveland.

Harbaugh calling the Browns is tampering. I doubt Harbaugh would risk the 9ers safety much less his supposed preferred destination's stockpile of draft picks and salary cap by doing so.

• dj43
Originally posted by prometheus:
I think that while player decisions may be causing some friction between Baalke and Harbaugh, I believe the main issue is the niners are pissed off for the ineptness of what many fans feel is some of the offensive coaches namely, the wide receiver coach and OC. I think Baalke wants some better coaching in some areas. I don't believe Roman's not getting a head coaching job as just coincidence and Harbaugh may be unwilling to undercut his guys.

I didn't read this before I posted above but agree with it, particularly the Roman part. Other teams are not stupid and are not snowed by the win/loss record. They see the failures of the offense and want no part of it.
Harbaugh calling the Browns is tampering. I doubt Harbaugh would risk the 9ers safety much less his supposed preferred destination's stockpile of draft picks and salary cap by doing so.

No it isn't. The Browns calling Harbaugh is tampering.

What isn't tampering is either GM contacting each other about a trade for Harbaugh.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

What isn't tampering is either GM contacting each other about a trade for Harbaugh.

Harbaugh isn't a GM

A coach is essentially a player.

If a player calls another team it is tampering.

If Baalke calls Lombardi or Lombardi calls Baalke it is legal.

If a player or coach contacts another team while under contract or not during the FA window it is tampering....

Harbaugh isn't a GM

A coach is essentially a player.

If a player calls another team it is tampering.

If Baalke calls Lombardi or Lombardi calls Baalke it is legal.

If a player or coach contacts another team while under contract or not during the FA window it is tampering....

Cmon Steve Young. You have a law degree for crying out loud!
Share 49ersWebzone