There are 212 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
It makes no sense that Harbaugh would go to Cleveland. He would never take a job in the same division as his brother. I call BS on the report. If the 49ers front office gets cheap and let's Harbaugh leave the backlash from fans will be brutal.
we need to give sara harbaugh a tv show

give her more roots/ reasons to stay lol
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by kronik:
These beliefs of yours are derived from what exactly? Erroneous articles like this one from PFT ?

It's speculation, just like your speculation that PFT is incorrect. This story did not come from thin air, there is truth to it but we don't know the extent of that truth. That's not speculation, that's fact.

Was Jed York speculating when he said the report was false? Or are you calling him a liar?

I'm calling him a liar. What would Jed, the organization and the team have to gain by saying "yeah we almost traded Jim to the Browns" ? I'll answer that for you, nothing.

Right. And do you have evidence to support Jed ever lying? I'll answer that for you. No.

It's incredibly hypocritical to claim someone is lying by using the evidence of someone who has reported false stories in the recent past concerning our team and coach.

All I'm really hearing from you is a bunch of

Can you prove Jed was telling the truth? You're avoiding the elephant in the room... WHY THE HELL WOULD JED CONFIRM THE REPORT? He would only create more damage by confirming the report, get that through your thick skull. Just because you discredit PFT does not validate your meaningless statements. PFT is not the only one reporting that Cleveland was making a move on Harbaugh. Albert Breer says there was noise from Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh 3 weeks ago. 2 sources from 2 different news outlets.

Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh isn't the same as the 49ers almost trading him away to the Browns. You get that, right?
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The nfl made a rule prohibiting trades of coaches for draft picks after gruden.

was that rule changed?

This "story" is ludicrous

No such rule was ever made.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LullOnSports

This guy says Harbaugh initiated the talks because he has "had it with Baalke"

I don't know who that guy is by the seems to think he knows a lot of the situation.

-This guy says the mystery candidate in CLE was Harbaugh.

-He says Harbaugh initiated the talks when CLE called about Roman and Tomskula but the Browns wouldn't give up the picks.

-He says Harbaugh is good friends with Mike Lombardi and that Lombardi's son is currently Harbaugh's special assistant. Good thing Lombardi is gone. Coincidence both him and a Banner were fired after they couldn't deliver Harbaugh to their owner?.

-Harbaugh saying don't rule out Michigan.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone after 2015. And personally, I'd rather keep Baalke and taken the premium picks over Harbaugh anyways. Especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Yikes.

lol so they calleda about tomsula and roman and harbaugh turns around and says "PICK ME PICK ME!!!"

lolol
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
lol so they calleda about tomsula and roman and harbaugh turns around and says "PICK ME PICK ME!!!"

lolol

thats a pretty f**ked up move though lol, Harbaugh wouldnt do that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by OldMort49:
There is speculation here that Harbaugh's wife nixed the deal...
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/21/report-browns-almost-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/

"Speculation that I've heard is that Harbaugh's family, specifically his wife, wanted to stay put." ~Mike Florio

Speculation that I've heard is that Florio has 3 balls and a clit for a penis...but it's just speculation that I've heard.

Florio the lawyer needs to look up the legal definition of "Speculation"

noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.
"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

He is walking this back hardcore.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Lets put it another way...

...who benefits if the 49ers think that there is another team out there willing to give up a ton of picks and give Harbaugh a big contract?

historically speaking the Browns would benefit from such a deal. Buccaneers won a Super Bowl 1st season with Gruden (after trading for him). Patriots won a Super Bowl their 2nd season with Bellichick (after trading for him). Draft picks are no guarantee. And no way would this team find another franchise coach for the foreseeable future.

Missing the point.

HARBAUGH benefits if the 49ers think they need to keep him happy...especially when they are just about to move into a new building with HUGE new revenue streams.

My point is that Harbaugh is posturing...just like he did when he first got the job.

If you have 2 years left on your deal, you don't have a "hold out" option. Don't you find it awefully coincidental that this is happening NOW just before they move into Levis and their revenue increases by over 100 mil per year?

I see what you mean and I agree, Harbaugh is most likely posturing. But people are ignoring the fact that Harbaugh leaving is a possibility, especially if Jed will not pony up. There will always be somebody- somewhere who is willing to offer more money.
Rolling with Jim Tomsula......
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
No such rule was ever made.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LullOnSports

This guy says Harbaugh initiated the talks because he has "had it with Baalke"

I don't know who that guy is by the seems to think he knows a lot of the situation.

-This guy says the mystery candidate in CLE was Harbaugh.

-He says Harbaugh initiated the talks when CLE called about Roman and Tomskula but the Browns wouldn't give up the picks.

-He says Harbaugh is good friends with Mike Lombardi and that Lombardi's son is currently Harbaugh's special assistant. Good thing Lombardi is gone. Coincidence both him and a Banner were fired after they couldn't deliver Harbaugh to their owner?.

-Harbaugh saying don't rule out Michigan.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone after 2015. And personally, I'd rather keep Baalke and taken the premium picks over Harbaugh anyways. Especially if he doesn't want to be here.

Yikes.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml
according to that article a rule was made

anyone have source on current rule that allows it?
These beliefs of yours are derived from what exactly? Erroneous articles like this one from PFT ?

It's speculation, just like your speculation that PFT is incorrect. This story did not come from thin air, there is truth to it but we don't know the extent of that truth. That's not speculation, that's fact.

Was Jed York speculating when he said the report was false? Or are you calling him a liar?

I'm calling him a liar. What would Jed, the organization and the team have to gain by saying "yeah we almost traded Jim to the Browns" ? I'll answer that for you, nothing.

Right. And do you have evidence to support Jed ever lying? I'll answer that for you. No.

It's incredibly hypocritical to claim someone is lying by using the evidence of someone who has reported false stories in the recent past concerning our team and coach.

Can you prove Jed was telling the truth? You're avoiding the elephant in the room... WHY THE HELL WOULD JED CONFIRM THE REPORT? He would only create more damage by confirming the report, get that through your thick skull. Just because you discredit PFT does not validate your meaningless statements. PFT is not the only one reporting that Cleveland was making a move on Harbaugh. Albert Breer says there was noise from Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh 3 weeks ago. 2 sources from 2 different news outlets.

Cleveland making a move on Harbaugh isn't the same as the 49ers almost trading him away to the Browns. You get that, right?

Obviously I get that. But where there is smoke, there's fire. PFT said the deal was agreed upon, and Florio has not backed down from that. We'll never get the full story, but Harbaugh is obviously a hot commodity.

• sfout
  • Veteran
He doesn't need to say anything. He could be vague and dance around the report like most people do when they want to minimize damage. In fact, Jed wouldn't have had said anything at all. It would have come from a generic statement like Cleveland's did. High profile people within organizations don't willingly lie on social media sites. They put out vague statements through the team's public relation's department. And again, my argument isn't that there wasn't a conversation, my argument is that you retarding the argument by accepting the supposition that whatever being reported must be true. Thick skull. lol. Move along.

This!

Anyone saying a discussion or call from the Browns did NOT happen is being naive. Its the f**king Browns of course they will leave no stone unturned to act like they did everything they could to get out of mediocrity.

Did we SERIOUSLY say yes to a trade for our head coach with 2 years remaining on a deal, meaning 1 entire year until he becomes the "lame duck"???? Hell no, we'd only seriously entertain it if Harbaugh was concretely definite about leaving when his contract up we would likely consider it after evaluating which coaches we could get in 2 years time.

This is hilarious that there are people on here blindly agreeing with one side or the other.

PFT only has to prove that they did not blatantly slander or libel the 9ers or Harbaugh with their report, which can be done very easily by just saying "Our source said the Browns called the 9ers about trading for Harbaugh". That is all they have to prove if the 9ers ever served them with a lawsuit.

By the way this is the ultimate nugget of important information that I haven't seen anybody mention.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/02/21/report-browns-almost-traded-for-jim-harbaugh/

Harbaugh has taken San Francisco to the NFC Championship Game in three consecutive seasons. He and recently fired Cleveland general manager Mike Lombardi are extremely tight, and there has been some recent media speculation that Harbaugh and 49ers general manager Trent Baalke are not. Harbaugh, a Raiders offensive assistant from 2002-03, worked with Lombardi when he was in Oakland's front office. Lombardi's son, Mick, was hired by the 49ers last year as an assistant to the head coach.

Which all but confirms that at least 2 of Florio's sources are Michael Lombardi and his son. Opens the door wide open for a tampering allegation against the Browns that Michael had his son gauge Harbaugh's interest in the job.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 4:56 PM ]
Ohhhhh my God. Just pay the man. Sign him to an extension. Grrrrr

He doesn't need to say anything. He could be vague and dance around the report like most people do when they want to minimize damage. In fact, Jed wouldn't have had said anything at all. It would have come from a generic statement like Cleveland's did. High profile people within organizations don't willingly lie on social media sites. They put out vague statements through the team's public relation's department. And again, my argument isn't that there wasn't a conversation, my argument is that you retarding the argument by accepting the supposition that whatever being reported must be true. Thick skull. lol. Move along.

Me retarding it? You're beating around the bush by analyzing Florio but not the actual situtation. Harbaugh to Browns has been reported by multiple people. and the only denials are coming from people within the 49ers organization. Browns didn't deny it and one would expect them to with their new coach.

you can be a douche-bag all you want but it does not hide your stupidity.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Even if it's true we would be stupid not to pay Harbaugh an extra 3-4 million. 3-4 million a year in free agency buys you an average player and you better believe Harbaugh will have more of an impact on any overpriced free agency outside of maybe a prime young Brady or Manning. I remember people complaining that they wouldn't pay Jim 7 mil a year, only 5 but have no problem paying a crappy FA 50 million. A great HC means more to your team than any player minus possibly a young prime QB. Also, if the problem is Baalke and Harbaugh not getting along then we would be dumb not to get rid of Baalke and go with Harbaugh. I'm not buying all this tension but if it's true Harbaugh means more to us long term than Baalke even though he is one of the better GM's in the league.

What are you even talking about? Coach salaries do not go against the salary cap, so it should literally mean absolutely nothing to anybody besides the owners of the team.

Any fan who doesn't want to pay a coach a lot of money simply doesn't know how things work. The only downside to paying a coach a lot of money is the owner of the team would probably be more hesitant to pay big bucks to another coach if it doesn't work out.

Obviously I get that. But where there is smoke, there's fire. PFT said the deal was agreed upon, and Florio has not backed down from that. We'll never get the full story, but Harbaugh is obviously a hot commodity.

Florio doesn't have to back down from it. He's hiding behind the cover of "speculation" and "sources say" and he can do that no matter what York, Baalke or Harbaugh say. All he has to do is say, "my sources tell a different story," and there isn't anything the 49ers can do or say about that. And of course, Florio knows that.

But my point was, it's not an issue if the truth was the Browns tried to pry Harbaugh away from us. That's to be expected. But the story Florio and his "sources" are saying is that Harbaugh initiated the discussion, and the deal was nearly consummated until JH's wife put the kibosh on it. That's an entirely different animal, and one that has yet to be substantiated by anyone, including Florio.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone