There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jim Harbaugh Thread - U of M Coach as of 12/30/14

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I have a hard time believing our front office is that stupid.

It's easier to believe that PFT is run by a bunch of morons
I cannot stand Florio. Even in the offseason he manages to say off the wall things about the Niners. Not sure who is worse, Florio or Heath Evans.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
This guy says HARBAUGH initiated talks with Cleveland.

I think its BS, but even if that's true....tampering?

https://twitter.com/LullOnSports

This is where the "multiple sources" angle falls apart. Now we have multiple different reports on what happened. We have Harbaugh initiated, to Press Democrat reporting the 9ers tried to trade him to the Browns, to PFT's deal in place but Harbaugh nixed it.

So now the "multiple sources" can't even get there story straight.

And no one has bothered to look at the fact that would Harbaugh really want to go to the same division his brother is in and try to screw each other out of the playoffs and potentially get one or the other fired every year?

That's the part that doesn't add up to me.

And because the Cleveland Browns are such an attractive organization to join. "Sure hon, let's leave the Bay Area and move to Cleveland," said nobody ever.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
I'm beginning to think this will come down to Baalke or Harbaugh. Which if I was Jed I'd hand Baalke his walking papers ASAP.

Another gullable one.
LOL complete b******t fabricated story. Nothing to see here.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
This guy says HARBAUGH initiated talks with Cleveland.

I think its BS, but even if that's true....tampering?

https://twitter.com/LullOnSports

This is where the "multiple sources" angle falls apart. Now we have multiple different reports on what happened. We have Harbaugh initiated, to Press Democrat reporting the 9ers tried to trade him to the Browns, to PFT's deal in place but Harbaugh nixed it.

So now the "multiple sources" can't even get there story straight.

And no one has bothered to look at the fact that would Harbaugh really want to go to the same division his brother is in and try to screw each other out of the playoffs and potentially get one or the other fired every year?

That's the part that doesn't add up to me.

And because the Cleveland Browns are such an attractive organization to join. "Sure hon, let's leave the Bay Area and move to Cleveland," said nobody ever.

LullOnSports is trying too make a national name for himself. of course he's gonna jump on the bandwagon with the "tune in tomorrow for the entire story"

NEVER TRUST THE MEDIA!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
You nevah know
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
During the coaching search Lombardi probably let it be known to Jim Haslam that he might be able to get Harbaugh from SF... Probably lead Haslam to believe there was a realistic chance of trading for him. This is probably why Lombardi was let go after Pettine was hired.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Another gullable one.

how's that gullible? Consider this, if you're Jed York then you would have inked Harbaugh to a new deal already. You would make him the highest paid coach no questions asked. You must also consider York's reluctance to give Harbaugh personnel control. It is ignorant to disregard Harbaugh leaving as a possibility. I'd leave for the Browns too if they fairly compensated me.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
During the coaching search Lombardi probably let it be known to Jim Haslam that he might be able to get Harbaugh from SF... Probably lead Haslam to believe there was a realistic chance of trading for him. This is probably why Lombardi was let go after Pettine was hired.

That's a logical explanation
Another gullable one.

how's that gullible? Consider this, if you're Jed York then you would have inked Harbaugh to a new deal already. You would make him the highest paid coach no questions asked. You must also consider York's reluctance to give Harbaugh personnel control. It is ignorant to disregard Harbaugh leaving as a possibility. I'd leave for the Browns too if they fairly compensated me.

Harbaugh's agent.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I have a hard time believing our front office is that stupid.

Not even the Raiders front office would do something this dumb. Oh wait...

Jesus Christ. I didn't realize how stupid that was until just now.
The thing on that LullonSports guy.....

If you read the timeline his overriding theme in all of this is that there were big name coaches who wanted to coach in Cleveland. They didn't have a problem with the disfunction.

Its either 1 of 2 things....

1) He is trying to sell his city and his team and show fans that its not as bleak as they thing

or

2) More likely, the TEAM is trying to show that there are big coaches interested to make THEMSELVES look better to the radio host.

So ask yourself whats more likely....

That Harbaugh was so unhappy with his team he had taken to 3 NFC Championship games that he tried to force his team to trade him to CLEVELAND...

...or that the Brass in Cleveland was looking at trying to hit a home run, struck out, and then tried to save face?
why fire lombardi though lol
Another gullable one.

Harbaugh's agent.

I guess my point is this. You hear these reports through the season about Harbaugh and Baalke not getting along too great. Then this report comes out today. Surely PFT's report today is not 100% correct, but there is truth to it which is significant. Niners are "on the clock" and need to get Harbaugh a new deal before next season. Otherwise you'll see Jerry Jones offer $15 million/year for Harbaugh's services and he'll be gone.