There are 164 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who the f**k is Joe lull?
I love that Florio accuses the 49ers of not denying on the record before Jed's tweet, but he doesn't have any names on the record making these claims. Florio isn't a jorunalist by trade, but he is a lawyer, and last I heard people are innocent until proven guilty. This isn't a court of law obviously, but Florio is an idiot for acting like the burden of proof is on the Niners to deny the report. I used to go to PFT at least once a day because I thought they were more trustworthy than ESPN, but unless Florio defends his journalistic integrity on this one I'll probably have to go somewhere for national football news. Any suggestions?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Harbs probably wouldn't want to be in the same division as his brother too
Originally posted by Marvin49:
This guy says HARBAUGH initiated talks with Cleveland.

I think its BS, but even if that's true....tampering?

https://twitter.com/LullOnSports

This is where the "multiple sources" angle falls apart. Now we have multiple different reports on what happened. We have Harbaugh initiated, to Press Democrat reporting the 9ers tried to trade him to the Browns, to PFT's deal in place but Harbaugh nixed it.

So now the "multiple sources" can't even get there story straight.

And no one has bothered to look at the fact that would Harbaugh really want to go to the same division his brother is in and try to screw each other out of the playoffs and potentially get one or the other fired every year?

That's the part that doesn't add up to me.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I have a hard time believing our front office is that stupid.

Not even the Raiders front office would do something this dumb. Oh wait...
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
There are threads of truth in most of these stories, but the media exploits the hell out of the story and reports this like "it almost happened".

I don't believe that for a second.

Is it likely the Browns inquired? Sure. Does that mean the 49ers were trying to dump Harbaugh? Not even close. More likely the Browns inquired, the 49er braught it to Jim and he said he wanted to stay. End of story.

There is no way that anyone connected with the 49ers with the power to entertain such a notion would consider it for more than about 2 seconds before he said "Uhhh, no, goodbye". Some draft picks for the coach that un-fkd this team and guided them to a SB and three straight NFCCG's? Jed York doesn't strike me as being colossally stupid, which is what he'd have to be to seriously consider this, let alone actually do it.

The ONLY way I can see something like this being even remotely true would be if something happened during extension talks that REALLY rubbed either Harbaugh or the 49ers very much the wrong way and got one side or the other thinking about divorce.

Do I believe that the Browns tried? Sure.

9er brass might have asked Jim if he'd entertain it and he said hell no and that was the end of that.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I have a hard time believing our front office is that stupid.

It's easier to believe that PFT is run by a bunch of morons
I cannot stand Florio. Even in the offseason he manages to say off the wall things about the Niners. Not sure who is worse, Florio or Heath Evans.
Originally posted by Jikkle49:

This is where the "multiple sources" angle falls apart. Now we have multiple different reports on what happened. We have Harbaugh initiated, to Press Democrat reporting the 9ers tried to trade him to the Browns, to PFT's deal in place but Harbaugh nixed it.

And no one has bothered to look at the fact that would Harbaugh really want to go to the same division his brother is in and try to screw each other out of the playoffs and potentially get one or the other fired every year?

And because the Cleveland Browns are such an attractive organization to join. "Sure hon, let's leave the Bay Area and move to Cleveland," said nobody ever.
Originally posted by MikeRumph:
I'm beginning to think this will come down to Baalke or Harbaugh. Which if I was Jed I'd hand Baalke his walking papers ASAP.

Another gullable one.

LOL complete b******t fabricated story. Nothing to see here.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Jikkle49:

And because the Cleveland Browns are such an attractive organization to join. "Sure hon, let's leave the Bay Area and move to Cleveland," said nobody ever.

LullOnSports is trying too make a national name for himself. of course he's gonna jump on the bandwagon with the "tune in tomorrow for the entire story"

NEVER TRUST THE MEDIA!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
You nevah know
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
During the coaching search Lombardi probably let it be known to Jim Haslam that he might be able to get Harbaugh from SF... Probably lead Haslam to believe there was a realistic chance of trading for him. This is probably why Lombardi was let go after Pettine was hired.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:53 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:
Another gullable one.

how's that gullible? Consider this, if you're Jed York then you would have inked Harbaugh to a new deal already. You would make him the highest paid coach no questions asked. You must also consider York's reluctance to give Harbaugh personnel control. It is ignorant to disregard Harbaugh leaving as a possibility. I'd leave for the Browns too if they fairly compensated me.
Share 49ersWebzone