LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by xela510:
I think people who are doubting this are just in denial. These stories arent just made up out of thin air for no reason. There is a legit reason this was made a story.

My guess would be that Jim and Trent probably thought they couldnt work together and Harbaugh wanted out but got cold feet and decided to stay. Thats just my speculation.

Right. Because Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk is an unimpeachable source! When has the sports media ever led anyone wrong??!! Who should Niner fans believe? The Owner, or Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk? Why, PFT, of course, right zela510? Too funny.
i wonder if this is why lombardi got fired all of a sudden

promised to get harbaugh, couldn't deliver, f**k you you fired
  • Disp
  • Veteran
I think people who are doubting this are just in denial. These stories arent just made up out of thin air for no reason. There is a legit reason this was made a story.

My guess would be that Jim and Trent probably thought they couldnt work together and Harbaugh wanted out but got cold feet and decided to stay. Thats just my speculation.

There was a very legit reason the story was made up. To get website hits and more revenue for PFT.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
There are threads of truth in most of these stories, but the media exploits the hell out of the story and reports this like "it almost happened".

I don't believe that for a second.

Is it likely the Browns inquired? Sure. Does that mean the 49ers were trying to dump Harbaugh? Not even close. More likely the Browns inquired, the 49er braught it to Jim and he said he wanted to stay. End of story.

That sounds like it's within shouting distance of reality to me.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/about/

About
Launched in November 2001, Profootballtalk.com has only one objective — to inform and to entertain. (Okay, we have two objectives.)

We don't have editors, we don't have agendas, we don't owe anyone anything and we don't care.

We're the first to admit that we don't always adhere to pure journalistic standards. We don't seek reactions from players, coaches, and/or agents before posting controversial stories. However, we'll give anyone who objects to one of our stories an opportunity to respond. And we won't run anything that we know or have reason to know is untrue.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:25 PM ]
If you check Jed York's timeline... his comment isn't there. Hmmmmmm...
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
It's Lombardi and it's pretty obvious.he was supposed to be the gm here instead of baalke.he has a relationship with harbaugh and he used to be with the browns.if the 49ers would have done it I would have been so mad
[ Edited by 9er2k on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:24 PM ]
TABLOID SPORTS!!!
Originally posted by luis1985:

yet it is. you have to click the "all" option
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Because Twitter defaults to Tweets w/ replies. click All next to it and it is the first at the top.

I think Jerry Rice slept with Mike Florio's wife at some point.

yet it is. you have to click the "all" option

Originally posted by sfout:

Because Twitter defaults to Tweets w/ replies. click All next to it and it is the first at the top.

Thanks!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

I asked 3 weeks ago when I heard the Browns/Harbaugh rumor, high-ranking 49ers source said "not that I'm aware of" but left open ...

... that some discussion could've happened through back channels.

This one has been ruminating for a while. The price tag connected to that rumor for Harbaugh was a heavy one.
[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think Jerry Rice slept with Mike Florio's wife at some point.

Yeah, Florio has some kind of thing for the Niners that's hard for him to hide. I can't think of a sports journalist (and I use the term very loosely) that seems more biased against the team than him.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
How on earth did they get so big??? Websites need to stop linking to their TMZ-like b******t.

How did TMZ get so big, because people in today's world love gossip and rumors. I agree I have had it with all the sites like CBS, ESPN, PFT, even NFL.com because they have went the way of TMZ and it's full of drama and rumors and crap. Wasn't always like that and even NFL.com which should be held to a higher standard has went that way. Example: other day I see Justin Beiber super bowl story as NFL top headline for CBS sports. Also, was a Kim Kardashian hits Kris Humphries on the front page as a top storyline and it was her doing a light play slap or whatever the f**k it was. Wasn't a punch and of course my dumb ass was sucked into clicking on it. At least we don't have to hear about Tebow stories every day now although the Incognito/Martin story has taken that spot. Anything they say or do is top headlines because people eat it up. If I didn't go to CBS as part of my routine since like 98 when I first got the internet I would change sites but ESPN, FOX, etc isn't much better.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone