LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by pfizz:
the browns released a statement pretty much confirming something went down so say whatever you want about florio but something happened.

no they didn't.
the browns released a statement pretty much confirming something went down so say whatever you want about florio but something happened.

Let's see said statement....
i heard kaepernick was also wearing a browns hat

And what exactly was that Browns statement that confirms it? This?

"The team conducted an extensive coaching search, and explored several options. That search produced an outstanding head coach in Mike Pettine and we're excited about his future with the club."

Where in that statement does it confirm anything?
[ Edited by kronik on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
I'd believe the Browns calling the 9ers about the trade. But any idea of us agreeing in principle to a trade is ludicrous.

But for fun of it being true.....our in house candidates would have been Roman , Fangio , and Mangini , or the winningest coach in 9ers history Jim MFer Tomsula

winning-est or highest win percentage ...big difference
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

Nice fact checking there PFT.

Might want to check to see if what your "multiple sources" say is even possible before reporting on it.

Now this is interesting. Can anyone confirm this?

Link?
Sounds like what the desperate Browns would do to get a coach when no coach worth a salt would want to coach the Browns. They try to contact Baalke or Jed on the deal -- they get laughed at and hear little snickering over the phone.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by sfout:
I'd believe the Browns calling the 9ers about the trade. But any idea of us agreeing in principle to a trade is ludicrous.

But for fun of it being true.....our in house candidates would have been Roman , Fangio , and Mangini , or the winningest coach in 9ers history Jim MFer Tomsula

winning-est or highest win percentage ...big difference

jeez take the fun out of it why don't you.

Either way both apply. As he had one win in one try, so technically he is the winningest.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml

Nice fact checking there PFT.

Might want to check to see if what your "multiple sources" say is even possible before reporting on it.

Oscar ‏@BetterRivals
I found this article mentioning the memo that bans coach for picks trades: http://www.sptimes.com/2003/01/17/Bucs/NFL_nixes_draft_picks.shtml ;… But then I read Aiello allowed them in 04

I'm freaking out man.... Freaking out! Without Harbaugh this team is not the same. If York isn't gonna pony up and extend Harbaugh then he just needs to sell the damn team.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran

This may be what have happened.

Browns Owner to TB - Want a couple of first round picks for Harbaugh. We read somewhere you weren't getting along?

TB - Uhhhh, were in the middle of a SB run atm, and concentrating on beating Carolina. Even if this were possible (and it isn't), this may not be the time to entertain overtures for the guy running the team.

Browns Owner - PLEASE!!!!!

TB - Click.

Browns leak story to make fans feel like they're trying to put something together with their dumpster fire. Ticket sales are low and they're getting desperate.
Greg Roman takes over, he leads us to an undefeated season
Gotta luv the off season
Share 49ersWebzone