LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL! lots of b***hes catching feelings up in here. Congrats to that c********r coach and his team for winning-THEY DESERVE IT!

but to say that Carroll is now better than Harbs? LOL! y'all are trippin! Maybe the Seahawks GM has done a bit better or is I'm sync with what his coach wanted and opposed to what Harbs wanted and Baalke wanted (AJ, LMJ, Patton). Maybe this is the wake up call that both our coach and GM wake the f**k up and get in the same page. But whatever happens, we will be fine.

if you cocks wanna have a pissing match, remember we are still up 5 rings to 1. f**k those dicks up north.
[ Edited by 76Razor on Feb 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM ]
Originally posted by 76Razor:
LOL! lots of b***hes catching feelings up in here. Congrats to that c********r coach and his team for winning-THEY DESERVE IT!

but to say that Carroll is now better than Harbs? LOL! y'all are trippin! Maybe the Seahawks GM has done a bit better or is I'm sync with what his coach wanted and opposed to what Harbs wanted and Baalke wanted (AJ, LMJ, Patton). Maybe this is the wake up call that both our coach and GM wake the f**k up and get in the same page. But whatever happens, we will be fine.

if you cocks wanna have a pissing match, remember we are still up 5 rings to 1. f**k those dicks up north.
True. And we got worry Nelly fans in here whereas I wished we had more competitive fans. We need a bit more bravado especially with what Jim has done his first three years
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't care if I get roasted for this, but it's time to face the facts.

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

He won more championships in college and now in the NFL.

Carroll is smart, he built a team to counter the passing evolution of the NFL and it worked.

C'mon Harbaugh, step yo game up!

Harbaugh is better in some ways, Caroll in others.

Look at the immediate impact Harbaugh had on the team, even with the lockout. Carroll can't say he did that, but he clearly has other places where hes probably advantageous since players like playing for him and he won the SB

One thing I'm sure Carroll is better is in his ability to get the best performances out of the young guys. Together with Schneider (and McCloughan) he rebuilt the Seahawks from top to bottom and made decisions that paid of in spades. Harbaugh inherited a deep team of great veteran players (Gore, Willis, Davis, J. Smith, ...), but has lagged in bringing up the younger guys.
Originally posted by fastforward:

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

Carroll is smart, he built a team to counter the passing evolution of the NFL and it worked.

Look at the immediate impact Harbaugh had on the team, even with the lockout. Carroll can't say he did that, but he clearly has other places where hes probably advantageous since players like playing for him and he won the SB

One thing I'm sure Carroll is better is in his ability to get the best performances out of the young guys. Together with Schneider (and McCloughan) he rebuilt the Seahawks from top to bottom and made decisions that paid of in spades. Harbaugh inherited a deep team of great veteran players (Gore, Willis, Davis, J. Smith, ...), but has lagged in bringing up the younger guys.

The reason for the lagging is because the vets are still playing well. There really is no room for the younger guys unless a vet gets injured or is benched.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by fastforward:

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

The reason for the lagging is because the vets are still playing well. There really is no room for the younger guys unless a vet gets injured or is benched.

lagging in bringing up younger guys is a myth.

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

Rings matter and at this point. Carroll has one and Harbaugh doesn't. Whether Carroll is the better coach, it's debatable. They both lead two of the best teams in NFL.

Harbaugh have accomplished a lot since coming to the NFL and I would not have wanted anyone else coaching this team maybe for the exception of maybe Belichick the day after Singletary was fired; which was not an option. I remember along with many, many 49ers fans was on the "watch", every damn second waiting for the news that Harbaugh have accepted the 49ers offer. Harbaugh's hire is the best hiring since Walsh/Seifert era.

With that said, Harbaugh and his staff have choked away three potential Lombardi trophy away along with this team. NFCC game against the Giants, they should have pulled out K. Williams and they did not and Giants go on to win. The Super Bowl, they should have ran the ball with Gore a few yards away. Secondly, wasting that time out was a bad call, should have taken that that 5 yrd penalty for delay of game. It allow the Ravens to sit and run out the clock. That time out might have given them another opportunity to come back and win. Lastly, with so little time and knocking on the door in Seattle this NFCC game, Harbaugh should have called a time out since there wasn't much time left anyway and come up with a plan or two for the final kill but they didn't.

Despite three years in roll of Lombardi trophy fails when it mattered most. Harbaugh and his staff is still very good. Now, they just need to get the F**k over the hump when it comes down to all the chips and both teams goes "All In". And if this team and this staff doesn't.....I don't know, somewhere in the pit of my stomach, I'm having this sick feelings the Dallas/49ers era where we got the short end of the stick.
[ Edited by sacleads on Feb 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM ]
Originally posted by sacleads:
Rings matter and at this point. Carroll has one and Harbaugh doesn't. Whether Carroll is the better coach, it's debatable. They both lead two of the best teams in NFL.

Harbaugh have accomplished a lot since coming to the NFL and I would not have wanted anyone else coaching this team maybe for the exception of maybe Belichick the day after Singletary was fired; which was not an option. I remember along with many, many 49ers fans was on the "watch", every damn second waiting for the news that Harbaugh have accepted the 49ers offer. Harbaugh's hire is the best hiring since Walsh/Seifert era.

With that said, Harbaugh and his staff have choked away three potential Lombardi trophy away along with this team. NFCC game against the Giants, they should have pulled out K. Williams and they did not and Giants go on to win. The Super Bowl, they should have ran the ball with Gore a few yards away. Secondly, wasting that time out was a bad call, should have taken that that 5 yrd penalty for delay of game. It allow the Ravens to sit and run out the clock. That time out might have given them another opportunity to come back and win. Lastly, with so little time and knocking on the door in Seattle this NFCC game, Harbaugh should have called a time out since there wasn't much time left anyway and come up with a plan or two for the final kill but they didn't.

Despite three years in roll of Lombardi trophy fails when it mattered most. Harbaugh and his staff is still very good. Now, they just need to get the F**k over the hump when it comes down to all the chips and both teams goes "All In". And if this team and this staff doesn't.....I don't know, somewhere in the pit of my stomach, I'm having this sick feelings the Dallas/49ers era where we got the short end of the stick.

Sometimes you also need to catch breaks here and there. I think Harbaugh and Carroll have different coaching styles but both are effective in their own way. I wouldn't say Carroll is better than Harbaugh because there are a lot of factors that go into losing games. I do think Seattle's defense is better than the 49ers'. One of the problems last year was that the Niners were hit with some injuries late in the season that caused the defense to struggle in the playoffs. That's really not something that Harbaugh had any control over. But what that did is force the 49ers to have to try to come back the last minute against the Ravens and they ultimately failed to punch it in from the 5 yardline. Of course this then naturally leads to questioning play calling and clock management at that point in the game. Carroll, on the other hand, did not have to face any such situation this year, as his team totally curb stomped the Broncos from beginning to end. But last year Carroll was indeed criticized for poor clock management against Atlanta at the end of the first half.

In any case, you are ultimately judged by how many championships you've won, and as of right now Carroll is ahead. Harbaugh has done a great job and has had the 49ers in the mix until the very end for 3 straight seasons. But he is going to have to now take that next step and win a Lombardi Trophy. Otherwise, the perception will continue to be that he cannot win the big one. Hopefully all this will be moot at this time next season, with the 49ers finally winning No. 6.
If I'm betting man, I wager on Harbaugh winning one in a shorter time than it took Carroll to win one (8th season as a NFL head coach)
Jim is in complete control... did you see another rookie draft pick make it to the Pro Bowl... FS Ried was on reserve list for Pro Bowl ... Come on, we have a great coach, give him time, he'll get us a few bowls yet lol
Originally posted by sacleads:

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

Don't get me wrong, it's clear that Harbaugh is one of the tops in the league. But just between him and Carroll since they are considered "rivals", Carroll owns this dude.

Don't get me wrong, it's clear that Harbaugh is one of the tops in the league. But just between him and Carroll since they are considered "rivals", Carroll owns this dude.

I understand where you are coming from, especially when we take a beating when we go to Seattle these past two seasons. Carroll as a damn good coach. In fact, I was disappointed when 49ers offered the job to Carroll and we had the first pick overall and he turned us down and we ended up with Nolan, a coach I totally did not like or want.

With all things said, I'm very happy Harbaugh is our coach. He does needs to overcome his flaws, which is: At the most critical moment when all the chips are in and winner takes all. Harb and his coaching staff falls short, along with all their players.
[ Edited by sacleads on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM ]
Why did Harbaugh not call a timeout to talk it over with Kaep to go over the last play?... what to look for, and what to do if it's not there. Before The Catch, Bill Walsh called a TO, then talked over the play with Montana. He even gave clear instruction for Montana to look, then throw it out of the end zone if nothing was there. And that was on 3rd down.

On 1st down and 3 available, I would think with a young inexperience qb like Kaep, Harbaugh would instruct him on what to look for before making the throw. After all they were trying to beat Sherman, one of the better corner in the league. If he sees Crabtree being covered, which he was like a blanket, just throw it out.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 3, 2014 at 1:55 PM ]
Oh boy, here it comes, 49ers fans with Carroll envy, I've seen it all now.
Remember when Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary were our Head coaches?
People put too much stock in Harbaught "not being able to win the big game." Appearing in 3 NFC Championships in a row means way more than not winning any Super Bowls during those three trips. Being consistently competitive and appearing in the NFCCG like that is rare. It doesn't happen very often int today's NFL. That is a much greater testament to his abilities than the 49ers narrowly-losing in their last game of the past three seasons.

Football is a game of inches, and often-times you need breaks to go your way to win (for example: realistically, the Ravens should've lost to Denver last year, but took the game to overtime on a fluke hail mary at the end of the game).
Share 49ersWebzone