LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Cohn. Guy is old and should just die already. His son is just as bad with the latest article he wrote saying Kap hasn't progressed at all. Two numb nuts if you ask me.

News flash for Cohn, we have been in the NFCCG 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the other 2 Championship games. Guess who else has been in the Championship game 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the 2 Championship games. The Patriots the past three years in the AFC. Guess Belichek is washed up and should be fired.

And don't forget Belichick did nothing with the Browns, and nothing with the Pats until he lucked upon Brady in the 6th round.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
And don't forget Belichick did nothing with the Browns, and nothing with the Pats until he lucked upon Brady in the 6th round.

Pfff...hasn't won s**t since he got caught for cheating.

Pfff...hasn't won s**t since he got caught for cheating.

Belichick should have drafted Gio Carmazzi.
Harbaughs one helluva coach! Sorry jacobs could suplant gore, hunter, dixon (sp teams ace) and rookie james!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
jesus,, if the term, "consider the source or sources" were ever needed than this is the time in regards to that idiot jacobs and cohn. by the way i do not judge how good a coach is by just winning super bowls. people who do are short sighted in my opinion

How'd Belichick do without Brady in '08?
Cohn. Guy is old and should just die already. His son is just as bad with the latest article he wrote saying Kap hasn't progressed at all. Two numb nuts if you ask me.

News flash for Cohn, we have been in the NFCCG 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the other 2 Championship games. Guess who else has been in the Championship game 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the 2 Championship games. The Patriots the past three years in the AFC. Guess Belichek is washed up and should be fired.

I spit my Craisins out laughing this s**t off!!!
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Seems like Harbaugh is the Andy Reid of the Eagles. 3years in the NFL. 3 NFCCG games and trip to the SB. That's just awesome in terms of winning. But in the end you are judge by SB too and there isn't one yet.

Andy Reid's first 3 years included 2 playoff appearances (1 NFC championship game) & didn't win more then 11 games in a season. Oh and he didn't get to a Superbowl till his 6th year as HC.

Exactly. And Andy Reid IS a good coach. It's just very difficult to win a Super Bowl in this league. Marv Levy appeared in 4 straight SBs and couldn't win a single one. Does that mean he was no good? How long did it take Bill Cowher to finally win a SB. Even the genius Bill Belichick has not been able to win a SB since 2004. Harbaugh is a great coach and has been putting us in position to win it all every year since he's been here. At that level, though, the competition is so tough that games can go either way, and we've just caught some bad breaks. That's why I don't think you should use SB wins as the only measuring stick by which to judge a coach.

This team is a lot like John Harbaugh's Ravens, we can hate them for the SB, but you look at how hard/long it took them to get there (constantly getting bested by the Steelers and Pats every year), I can't really say they deserved it any less than we did. The competition in the NFL is significantly higher than its ever been, to the point in which the problem with teams isn't talent, but finding the right people to use it properly. This is why the 49ers have achieved success with Jim.

You look at how good the NFC is right now, and the fact that we've been to three straight Championships, under 3 straight 11+ win seasons, I don't want anybody else coaching this team.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Seems like Harbaugh is the Andy Reid of the Eagles. 3years in the NFL. 3 NFCCG games and trip to the SB. That's just awesome in terms of winning. But in the end you are judge by SB too and there isn't one yet.

Andy Reid's first 3 years included 2 playoff appearances (1 NFC championship game) & didn't win more then 11 games in a season. Oh and he didn't get to a Superbowl till his 6th year as HC.

Exactly. And Andy Reid IS a good coach. It's just very difficult to win a Super Bowl in this league. Marv Levy appeared in 4 straight SBs and couldn't win a single one. Does that mean he was no good? How long did it take Bill Cowher to finally win a SB. Even the genius Bill Belichick has not been able to win a SB since 2004. Harbaugh is a great coach and has been putting us in position to win it all every year since he's been here. At that level, though, the competition is so tough that games can go either way, and we've just caught some bad breaks. That's why I don't think you should use SB wins as the only measuring stick by which to judge a coach.

Well I disagree. I think Andy Reid is an extremely good coach. He placed 1st or 2nd in the division 10 out of 14 times (6 first place finishes), in what was an incredibly tough NFC East. He had 4 Conference Championship losses and 1 Superbowl loss. Reid's fatal flaw was his conservatism. He rarely went for fourth downs and didn't get aggressive when he needed to. That's what I remember of Reid. Very good coach. Extremely good coach. Not great though. Too conservative. Bill Belichick is great. Not only did he have great strategy and vision, he took chances in big situations and executed. Bill Cowher was also an extremely good coach and has a record similar to Reid (first or 2nd in division 10/15 times, 8 division titles, 4 championship losses, 1SB loss, 1SB win), but I think his fatal flaw was the offense. The Steelers perennially had a top defense, but they had no offense and had Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, & Tommy Maddox as the starting QB's for a decade until Ben Roethlisberger took them over the top. Despite Cowher winning one Super Bowl, I think he was just an extremely good coach. Not great. The offense/QB was the fatal flaw and it was never addressed until a decade later. I think Harbaugh is an extremely good coach, but his fatal flaw is the Roman/Chryst pass offense. As long as the fatal flaw is there, Harbaugh is more likely to be a Reid/Cowher than Bill Walsh/Belichick/Parcells/J. Johnson etc. You never know though.. Harbaugh might get lucky. He finally may get another chance at a Superbowl and finally get a TD on that fade route in the end zone. Great coaches may get lucky once in a while, but they don't rely on it. There's a difference.
[ Edited by Jd925 on Jan 23, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]
Don't know how many coaches have started with a bang like Harbaugh. Check his record! From college to the pros he's done nothing but win. From Alex smith to Kap he wins. Man some of you dudes are ridiculous

I don't care if I get roasted for this, but it's time to face the facts.

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

He won more championships in college and now in the NFL.

Carroll is smart, he built a team to counter the passing evolution of the NFL and it worked.

C'mon Harbaugh, step yo game up!
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't care if I get roasted for this, but it's time to face the facts.

Carroll >> Harbaugh.

He won more championships in college and now in the NFL.

Carroll is smart, he built a team to counter the passing evolution of the NFL and it worked.

C'mon Harbaugh, step yo game up!

Harbaugh is better in some ways, Caroll in others.

Look at the immediate impact Harbaugh had on the team, even with the lockout. Carroll can't say he did that, but he clearly has other places where hes probably advantageous since players like playing for him and he won the SB
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kap2crab:

How'd Belichick do without Brady in '08?

The '08 Pats had one of the easiest schedules I can remember.

Their losses came against the Dolphins and their fancy wildcat that nobody had seen before, the Favre led Jets, pretty much the last elite (I use that word generously) Chargers team with Rivers, VJAX, LT, and Gates, and the Colts. They deserved to lose those games and split their division basically.

Outside of that they basically just beat us, the raiders, KC, and the rest NFC west lol.
Carroll is a champ, nuff said

Harbaugh is playing catch up from this point forth
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Carroll is a champ, nuff said

Harbaugh is playing catch up from this point forth

Carroll is older and he ain't starting his 4th season like Harbaugh and he didn't lose the Super Bowl to his brother in his second either. Give Harbaugh the time Carroll has had and we will see who finishes as best. Carroll on top now but it is his fourth season in SEA and third tenure as an NFL head coach
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone