LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
ESPN's back at it again this morning. Paul Finebaum saying that Jim Harbaugh is the top candidate and the 49ers won't stand in his way if he wants the job. The story that they keep bringing up is that he would have complete control as opposed to having to deal with a GM and an Owner (as opposed to School President, AD, Boosters, and School Politics)

I just don't see it unless he really is one of those people who likes to change things up every few years.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
This thread is starting to piss me off with all the rumor-running and s**t. Hearing some of the stuff that's being mentioned in here is just like listening to the f**king s**t ass media. Damn its disappointing.

Not as bad as when the Niners were trying to hire Harbaugh in the first place.

Very reminiscent. There was just a tidal wave of crap posted then.

It's three quarters through a difficult season where we are still in contention despite major injury problems, thankfully now perhaps receding. I doubt he has given it any sort of serious thought at all.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The original story the morning of December 10th the speculation was John Harbaugh and not Jim. The media started twisting it and naming Jim potentially going to Texas
[ Edited by MarkD on Dec 15, 2013 at 6:16 AM ]
Jim Harbaugh turned down a contract extention with the Niners last year? Really?
Originally posted by socal9er42:
ESPN's back at it again this morning. Paul Finebaum saying that Jim Harbaugh is the top candidate and the 49ers won't stand in his way if he wants the job. The story that they keep bringing up is that he would have complete control as opposed to having to deal with a GM and an Owner (as opposed to School President, AD, Boosters, and School Politics)

I just don't see it unless he really is one of those people who likes to change things up every few years.

Who the f**k is Paul Finebaum? Exactly

I wouldn't stand in Harbaugh's way either. I would not want a coach who doesn't want to be there. He's done a fine job of bringing this team up to respectability and whomever takes over will be in a good position. I think there are a lot of coaching candidates out there who could win with this bunch.
wow he's a goner. Why don't he come out and say he's happy as a 49ers? ecause hes a goner
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
wow he's a goner. Why don't he come out and say he's happy as a 49ers? ecause hes a goner

Perhaps he's planning in re-negotiating a contact in the offseason and doesn't want to belly up to the bargaining table already behind the 8-ball?

Matt Maiocco says he's not the least interested to return to college, any where (according to multiple sources). He knows way more than this fool Paul Finebaum.
49ers> texas

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Matt Maiocco says he's not the least interested to return to college, any where (according to multiple sources). He knows way more than this fool Paul Finebaum.

This. Sports reporters need to start being held accountable.

Last night on ESPN the guy they had on said that NFL candidates are highly unlikely.

They just make s**t up.
Originally posted by SportsFan:

This. Sports reporters need to start being held accountable.

Last night on ESPN the guy they had on said that NFL candidates are highly unlikely.

They just make s**t up.

With all the sports networks today, they need to in order to fill all that air time. Only so many Pro Bull Riding or Professional Bowlers out there to cover.

Oh - I agree - just trying to figure out ESPN keeps stirring the pot. Costs them credibility in the long run.

Share 49ersWebzone