There are 179 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Harbaugh jumps ship in the middle of a potential Super Bowl era he built here, I will friggin hate him forever.
Originally posted by SolAsch24:
Texas sucks, it's nowhere near as nice of a place to live as California especially San Fran bay area. I think Harbaugh declined the extension so that he can focus on winning the superbowl first then he can ask the Niners for whatever he wants.

Agreed, I'm guessing Harbaugh just wants some leverage before signing a new contract. Austin is awesome though... tons of people from California moving here.
Originally posted by NinerTNT:
Agreed, I'm guessing Harbaugh just wants some leverage before signing a new contract. Austin is awesome though... tons of people from California moving here.

Only moving there cuz it's much cheaper and no state income tax. I highly doubt Harbaugh cares about those 2 factors for his decision.
he's never stayed in one spot very long
It's not happening. We cannot go through what we went through during the 2000s.
lol theres literally no chance he leaves. Think about what the 49ers have to lose as an organization. The new stadium wont look so good half empty if this falls apart. The 49ers know theyre going to have to give Harbaugh whatever he wants, and they will.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Because he has always upgraded. College football is not an upgrade. As far as I know there is no world or interstellar football league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
does not have to pay taxes in texas like he does in liberal cal. you would be a fool if you think that is not in play. if he goes, he goes,, what are you going to do. i was a niner fan before him and i will be after him, whenever that happens. i only care about the next three games
Originally posted by cciowa:
does not have to pay taxes in texas like he does in liberal cal. you would be a fool if you think that is not in play. if he goes, he goes,, what are you going to do. i was a niner fan before him and i will be after him, whenever that happens. i only care about the next three games

He'll downgrade to college football because of state taxes?

He's going to leave coaching at the highest level of his profession, at the helm of a storied team in the midst of a wide open title window, because he doesn't want to pay taxes?

lol. Harbaugh is too much of a competitive egomaniac to let something like taxes get in his way.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

He'll downgrade to college football because of state taxes?
if its best for his family , why not. Jh is also a ego maniac and in college , he would not have to share the glory with a GM. your opinion and his opinion of a "downgrade" is probably different. i love people here who say they will lose faith in the niners if he leaves. lol,, this stuff happens all the time. and people question my loyalty to the team. if it happens, it happens,, i never get worked up over stuff you can not control.... now roman you can control by firing him .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:

He's going to leave coaching at the highest level of his profession, at the helm of a storied team in the midst of a wide open title window, because he doesn't want to pay taxes?

lol. Harbaugh is too much of a competitive egomaniac to let something like taxes get in his way.

come on man,, whether you are a player or a coach,, money talks,, the rest is just background noise,,,, it is always about the money
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

Because he has always upgraded. College football is not an upgrade. As far as I know there is no world or interstellar football league.

Lol he's going to coach the first team on the moon.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter Why is Harbaugh linked to Texas? A possible reason: He turned down SF extension before season. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/12/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-coaching-rumors/ ;…

this is why this article is invalrod:

I can't help but to think back to his reaction last year when asked about reports (one by me) that the staff could have damaged QB Alex Smith's confidence by taking the ball out of his hands late in a 13-7 win over Seattle, calling for rushes on 2nd-and-17 and 3rd-and-17 the series after Smith threw his fourth interception in eight quarters. Harbaugh said the reports were "gobble, gobble, gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers." Smith, however, was benched for the season four games later, then traded to Kansas City in March. So regardless of how many times Harbaugh says or insinuates that he's not interested in Texas, the link will remain until the Longhorns' situation is resolved.

That paragraph ignores a little something called "context." which would almost certainly be relevant in WHY he turned down an extension (if this is true). If he's confident he can win a Super Bowl this year, he knows he'll get a much bigger extension. With two years left and knowing that whatever extension was offered will probably still be on the table after this season, he's gambling he can get a bigger extension with a ring on his finger.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Dec 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:

come on man,, whether you are a player or a coach,, money talks,, the rest is just background noise,,,, it is always about the money

well of course money is a big part of it. If I remember correctly he turned down less money with the Dolphins to coach the 49ers. So money is not paramount. I remember when we hired him, all the stories about how his meetings with Baalke were what convinced him to stay. Doesn't sound like a guy who can't share some degree of control over a team.
Share 49ersWebzone