LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 341 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter For the record, I don't believe Jim Harbaugh is going anywhere. But I also don't believe he's a long-timer with the 49ers.

So bold. Jim Harbaugh is already near the average tenure of an NFL coach (4.39 years). While most of us would disagree, he's basically saying "I don't think Jim Harbaugh is a Bill Belicheck." :slowjerk: go f**k yourself, Trotter.

Is he a SEA homer or somthing?

Not sure, but I've never been a fan of him. And I think that's useless conjecture.
  • dj43
Originally posted by pelos21:
MIke Shanahan will be our HC next year.

I would love to see him bring back the offense he ran here as OC. I don't see that happening. He likes a quick, agile OL that can pull, run ahead of swings and screens and stretch block. This OL is the opposite of what he prefers. Not to say he wouldn't come if the situation presented itself, I just don't think it works.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by susweel:
Sucks that Harbs is leaving us after this year. Mangini will take over and we will suck again.

I'd rather see the 49ers retracted from the league entirely.

Lol
Is we losing harbaws?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter For the record, I don't believe Jim Harbaugh is going anywhere. But I also don't believe he's a long-timer with the 49ers.

So bold. Jim Harbaugh is already near the average tenure of an NFL coach (4.39 years). While most of us would disagree, he's basically saying "I don't think Jim Harbaugh is a Bill Belicheck." :slowjerk: go f**k yourself, Trotter.

Is he a SEA homer or somthing?

Not sure, but I've never been a fan of him. And I think that's useless conjecture.

See what he did there, though? He's got everybody saying his name. Posting his twitter post. Talking about him. It's an ugly form of self advertising.
No way Harbaugh leaves for Texas. Seriously? It's Texas. It's not like it's Alabama or Oklahoma.
My brother, in Fort Worth, is also an inveterate HORN fan...we both graduated from UT. He has a well connected friend in the Texas alumni group, that is a guy in the know. Terry( my bro) never even heard of this Harbaugh deal until I called this a.m. Word as reported earlier here is anywhere from $10 to $12 mil (maybe $15), no question about it. There is large interest in alumni group with Saban, no surprise, whose wife reportedly doesn't care for the small town b.s. of her husband just barely losing (by 1 second)..and getting some guff in the local media... to probably win his 3rd NCAA Title...consecutively...so maybe there is something there. Ter checked with his connected friend in alumni assn., and he said Harbaugh's name never came up. However, he also mentioned that Austin, some 1.5 to 2.0 million of them would be a big town (city) for Saban's wife, and that the Brinks truck money is pretty much what they have in mind.

Supposedly UT is the cherry of all college coaching jobs(news to me), and the $$ are real. Plus as an aside, instead of getting 1 first round pick each yr, you can get 9 or 10, depending on how well you recruit. Also, it is a lot easier to win in the Big 12 than it is in the SE conference, because there is only Okla and OKla st, plus Baylor to really worry about. So altho I can see the advantages, to date, the alumni, who really do have a huge hand in UT football and politics, are NOT thinking Harbaugh, it is mainly Saban...who did turn down an extension last week, just after signing a new one earlier this yr.

According to one of the big rollers in the UT alumni club, our guy is really not on the list...at least at present.

That's all I know...and I do know the fellow my bro got the info from...he is a hitter in the UT football alumni group. Like I said, altho I am a 48 yr HORN fan, UT, keep your damn mitts off my coach.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Dec 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
My brother, in Fort Worth, is also an inveterate HORN fan...we both graduated from UT. He has a well connected friend in the Texas alumni group, that is a guy in the know. Terry( my bro) never even heard of this Harbaugh deal until I called this a.m. Word as reported earlier here is anywhere from $10 to $12 mil (maybe $15), no question about it. There is large interest in alumni group with Saban, no surprise, whose wife reportedly doesn't care for the small town b.s. of her husband just barely losing (by 1 second)..and getting some guff in the local media... to probably win his 3rd NCAA Title...consecutively...so maybe there is something there. Ter checked with his connected friend in alumni assn., and he said Harbaugh's name never came up. However, he also mentioned that Austin, some 1.5 to 2.0 million of them would be a big town (city) for Saban's wife, and that the Brinks truck money is pretty much what they have in mind.

Supposedly UT is the cherry of all college coaching jobs(news to me), and the $$ are real. Plus as an aside, instead of getting 1 first round pick each yr, you can get 9 or 10, depending on how well you recruit. Also, it is a lot easier to win in the Big 12 than it is in the SE conference, because there is only Okla and OKla st, plus Baylor to really worry about. So altho I can see the advantages, to date, the alumni, who really do have a huge hand in UT football and politics, are NOT thinking Harbaugh, it is mainly Saban...who did turn down an extension last week, just after signing a new one earlier this yr.

According to one of the big rollers in the UT alumni club, our guy is really not on the list...at least at present.

That's all I know...and I do know the fellow my bro got the info from...he is a hitter in the UT football alumni group. Like I said, altho I am a 48 yr HORN fan, UT, keep your damn mitts off my coach.
I approve of this post
Texas sucks, it's nowhere near as nice of a place to live as California especially San Fran bay area. I think Harbaugh declined the extension so that he can focus on winning the superbowl first then he can ask the Niners for whatever he wants.

This is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for the info

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Thanks paso, for the insight. It would really really REALLY suck for me to see Harbaugh leave this year or any other year. My confidence level for the 9ers would drop big time, crucify me if you want but that's the truth. I can't think of any HC I'd want to replace Harbaugh with right now.
Unfortunately, Sol, Austin is a super place to live and recreate.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Thanks paso, for the insight. It would really really REALLY suck for me to see Harbaugh leave this year or any other year. My confidence level for the 9ers would drop big time, crucify me if you want but that's the truth. I can't think of any HC I'd want to replace Harbaugh with right now.

I feel the same way, if Harbaugh left my confidence would drop as well.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
I just read Jim Trotter's SI article that says Harbaugh turned down a 2 year extension before the season. Did I miss something? I do NOT remember hearing that.

If he did, I don't blame him. He deserves more than a lousy two year extension.
Originally posted by bigbobby49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I feel the same way, if Harbaugh left my confidence would drop as well.

I would be incredibly sad, and jump on the "Harbaugh is such a douche" bandwagon

Seriously, I love that guy as our headcoach. Outside of Bill Walsh, I wouldn't want anyone else.
Share 49ersWebzone