There are 255 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NineCoronas:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Originally posted by kray28:
I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.

You probably not all wrong....but you need to get over it and move on.

I'm trying to but Harbaugh and Kaepernick took something from us that we can never get back; our aura of invincibility in the Super Bowl. And the game was right there for the taking, right there!

You probably miss Erickson, Nolan & Singletary. During those bleak years, I missed Mooch. Now I can't even remember how to spell his name. Harbaugh is king here. He brought back the dynasty. Get off his back.

No, but I sure miss Walsh

Dude, it's over. Stop living in the past. Joe and Steve are not walking through that door anytime soon.

If you want to get rid of Harbaugh, you need to suggest someone better. And I doubt you'll have any success on that front.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by hohbie:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.

Dude, they were 5-yards away. You know you're talking about THE SUPER BOWL, right?

I don't even know. Who are you? Why would you ever write that paragraph?

I wrote it because the 49ers were woefully unprepared to play a clearly inferior Ravens team. It was 28-6 before the lights went out and the Ravens lost their momentum. Harbaugh had that deer in the headlights look as his brother ground his team up. And then that panic-stricken series down at the 5 yard line at the end. That was a shameful performance by the coaching staff as well as the beginning of the end for Kapernick's aura of invincibility. John showed Jim what coaching at the professional level was all about.

Guy joins yesterday and the first thing he does is start to bash Harbaugh. Ya, you are a 49er fan. Ban this Seadderall fool.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
I dont think it will happen, but for argument sake, lets say Harbaugh does leave for Texas. Who would you hope to hire? I cant think of anyone even near the same level of Harbaugh that I would be happy to have. Maybe Gruden, but I would still much rather have Harbaugh.

The more you see of Harbaugh though the more apparent his flaws become. He might need to move on. His coaching has gone down each year he's been here. Its gone from that extremely innovative offense in 2011 to what we see now, the most stale and predictable in the league. The cracks in Harbaugh began to show with his horrendous performance in the Super Bowl; he had the team completely unprepared. If he stays, great, if he leaves, someone else will inherit a bunch of good players.

Dude, they were 5-yards away. You know you're talking about THE SUPER BOWL, right?

Guy joins yesterday and the first thing he does is start to bash Harbaugh. Ya, you are a 49er fan. Ban this Seadderall fool.

Exactly
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Exactly

I guess that's what happens after the ninth Corona

Red + Yellow = TEXAS ORANGE
Originally posted by Niners99:
Agreed. I cant even fathom how people can be on here. Remember Dennis Erickson? Remember Mike Nolan? Remember Mike Singletary? Jim Harbaugh saved this franchise from being on the Raiders level. Unless he strings together like 3+ terrible losing years, hes going to be the coach here for another 10 years. The 49ers brass isnt dumb. They know what its like to not have a good coach around, and its bad for business.

Most franchises have a "franchise player". We have a franchise coach, who is the single most important factor in the organization.

I believe he will leave on his own before the 49ers ever fire him. I said from the beginning that this guy was as mercurial as Dick Vermiel and will burn himself out within 4 seasons.

Jim Harbaugh eats, sleeps, and breathes football. Theres no way he ever gets burned out. Hes got about as much power as any HC within an organization, hes been highly successful all 3 years hes been in the NFL, and he doesnt care what anyone thinks. How would he get burned out? His ultimate goal as a player and a coach has been to win a Super Bowl. Thats why he left Stanford, not because hes flakey.

Were going to be title contenders for the next decade, are getting a brand new stadium, and are going to keep paying him premium money to stay put. Its not a job you walk away from.
If we were struggling and in cap hell ...then maybe I'd be worried about Harbs leaving us....but he's just begun to paint his masterpiece, and there is a lot of canvas left for Jim to work with .....Jim isn't going anywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Red + Yellow = TEXAS ORANGE

I'm squinting but I can't tell...is that a Dolphins logo on the sweatshirt???
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

This dude is our coach. And he is a great one. For f**k's sake quit wishing him away. Swear to god, after almost ten years on this board I thought I had read all, seen all, survived all, but this idea of folks wanting Harbs gone or that he is flakey is just trollish, foolish, and beyond insane.

f**k Texas, f**k USC, f**k any and all potential suitors for OUR COACH.

I'm trying to but Harbaugh and Kaepernick took something from us that we can never get back; our aura of invincibility in the Super Bowl. And the game was right there for the taking, right there!

You probably miss Erickson, Nolan & Singletary. During those bleak years, I missed Mooch. Now I can't even remember how to spell his name. Harbaugh is king here. He brought back the dynasty. Get off his back.

Dude, it's over. Stop living in the past. Joe and Steve are not walking through that door anytime soon.

If you want to get rid of Harbaugh, you need to suggest someone better. And I doubt you'll have any success on that front.

Hey, 9Cor you do realize that Walsh mentored Jim Harbaugh right?
What's up with these rumors? f**k Texas. No way in hell Harbaugh would even think about leaving for that s**t. He's got the best team in all of football. Texas needs to f**k off and anyome speculating about him leaving is a tool who's just trying to stir s**t up. Harbaugh ain't foing nowhere all you 49er hating b***hes.

No, Harbaugh is doing well. If he does leave though, I'd like to see someone come in who is more offensive-munded. whomever comes in willhave a nice group of players to work with.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
its all about opportunities,, maybe this is exactly what greg roman needs. JH goes and the logical fit would be roman. a head coaching gig with us would be exactly what the doctor ordered in regards to coach roman maybe and since he already has his system in place here, it would be a very smooth transition in my opinion

No, Harbaugh is doing well. If he does leave though, I'd like to see someone come in who is more offensive-munded. whomever comes in willhave a nice group of players to work with.

who do you have in mind as a better replacement?
Share 49ersWebzone