There are 197 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Harbaugh shot himself in the foot by dumping Alex Smith the way he did. I would get sick to my stomach when the Niners lost. Now I could not care less. The 8 million to keep him on the club could have insured that Kap would either continue his elevated play and also give us an option if he failed. Well, as far as I'm concerned, he is failing and fast and there are no options, we're stuck with his mediocre play. I'd bet my house that Kap wouldn't be close to 9-0 with the Chiefs. He doesn't have the presence or the experience to get them back to the super bowl this year, plain and simple. The way the league is wise on how to contain him and the competition is getting better, so good luck next year and from here on out.
Originally posted by REALISTIC:
Harbaugh shot himself in the foot by dumping Alex Smith the way he did. I would get sick to my stomach when the Niners lost. Now I could not care less. The 8 million to keep him on the club could have insured that Kap would either continue his elevated play and also give us an option if he failed. Well, as far as I'm concerned, he is failing and fast and there are no options, we're stuck with his mediocre play. I'd bet my house that Kap wouldn't be close to 9-0 with the Chiefs. He doesn't have the presence or the experience to get them back to the super bowl this year, plain and simple. The way the league is wise on how to contain him and the competition is getting better, so good luck next year and from here on out.

paying alex 8 mil probably assures we dont trade for boldins 6 mil contract.
what an unrealistic post from a post name realistic.

if we ran the same offense that they ran from last year..

if we ran the same offense that they were beginning to let alex run
if we were running the same offense as even from the bears game
there would be no gloom and doom.
if the qb has PROVEN CAPABLE
then why is it totally his fault?
wouldn't coaching play into things?

and

"We know what that building is like," Jim Harbaugh said on KNBR on Tuesday morning regarding the Saints Mercedes-Benz Superdome. "It's a loud, chaotic environment. It's a big task because we're playing a very good football team and our team will be excited about that challenge.
this is from jim. he always talks about meeting a challenge but he doesn't practice what he says.
the challenge was 4th and goal and he blinked.
the challenge was to continue to run it down their throat no matter what their defense was ranked and he blinked

i don't want to hear or read anymore about challenge.
i want to see it
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
what an unrealistic post from a post name realistic.

if we ran the same offense that they ran from last year..

if we ran the same offense that they were beginning to let alex run
if we were running the same offense as even from the bears game
there would be no gloom and doom.
if the qb has PROVEN CAPABLE
then why is it totally his fault?
wouldn't coaching play into things?

and

"We know what that building is like," Jim Harbaugh said on KNBR on Tuesday morning regarding the Saints Mercedes-Benz Superdome. "It's a loud, chaotic environment. It's a big task because we're playing a very good football team and our team will be excited about that challenge.
this is from jim. he always talks about meeting a challenge but he doesn't practice what he says.
the challenge was 4th and goal and he blinked.
the challenge was to continue to run it down their throat no matter what their defense was ranked and he blinked

i don't want to hear or read anymore about challenge.
i want to see it

thats completely your choice. i dont listen to his pressers or radio interviews, he isnt going to give anything up and basically speak in the same terms whether we've lost 3 in a row or won 10 in a row.
Originally posted by crabman82:
thats completely your choice. i dont listen to his pressers or radio interviews, he isnt going to give anything up and basically speak in the same terms whether we've lost 3 in a row or won 10 in a row.

i rarely read them, but this is his talking point always. and when we have had the opportunity to do so we have not. i don't need him to give the game plan or anything detailed im not upset nor worried about that. in fact im glad he doesn't.

i hope we meet the challenge the rest of the season. and we get no more performances like the one sunday from the offense. defense has been stellar entire season.
in fact every game that the offense has done it's part the games haven't even been close..

i rarely read them, but this is his talking point always. and when we have had the opportunity to do so we have not. i don't need him to give the game plan or anything detailed im not upset nor worried about that. in fact im glad he doesn't.

i hope we meet the challenge the rest of the season. and we get no more performances like the one sunday from the offense. defense has been stellar entire season.
in fact every game that the offense has done it's part the games haven't even been close..

you've read them one too many times apparently. i figured out real quick with this guy thats hes a good coach but boring with the media stuff, not unlike the hoody. his pressers and interviews are not worth the time.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by buck:
This coaching staff has been with the team for less than three years.

So far this year, he team is 6-3. Last year the team was 11-4-1. In 2011, the team went 13 and 3.

If my math is right that is 30 wins—10 losses --1 tie-- in regular season games.

By my reckoning, Harbaugh and company are doing a good job. But,hey that is just my opinion.

It doesn't bother you that the win column is getting smaller every season and the conference as a whole is getting better? So by the math there we're looking at .500 ball club or slightly better in 3 years if this trend continues. Another 49ers season and another crappy offense. Been the story for ten years now. Sooner or later our defense will decline and we'll need the young offense to step up. So far I have zero faith in them outside of #21.

Zero Faith seems a bit extreme, but.....

I think they are doing a good job now.

I do not know what is going to happen in three years.
Jim Harbaugh post locker room speech:

"What's in store from here on out is tough, alright. That's just the way we like it. There's only one team that's gonna emerge when it's all said and done, and that one team is going to go through some hard times, that's gonna make them tough for what's coming.

Is that gonna be us? Will that be us? It's gonna be us, we'll MAKE IT BE US!"

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Locker_Room_Speech_Its_Going_to_Be_Us/161c02cb-b36a-413d-b52d-01c2e336b7c5

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by buck:
This coaching staff has been with the team for less than three years.

So far this year, he team is 6-3. Last year the team was 11-4-1. In 2011, the team went 13 and 3.

If my math is right that is 30 wins—10 losses --1 tie-- in regular season games.

By my reckoning, Harbaugh and company are doing a good job. But,hey that is just my opinion.

It doesn't bother you that the win column is getting smaller every season and the conference as a whole is getting better? So by the math there we're looking at .500 ball club or slightly better in 3 years if this trend continues. Another 49ers season and another crappy offense. Been the story for ten years now. Sooner or later our defense will decline and we'll need the young offense to step up. So far I have zero faith in them outside of #21.

You don't think the conference getting better is the reason that the wins aren't as easy to come by?

In his first year, the only teams in the NFC that were seen as elite were the Saints and Packers. The Niners were not seen as legitimate contenders until they beat the Saints. Last year, that became the Saints, Packers, Niners, Falcons, with the Seahawks right on the verge.

Now you take out the Falcons and Packers, and add in the Panthers.

Bottom line, is in the NFL, anything can happen. He has had his chance in the thick of things since day one, and if you take away key injuries (and rehab stints) throughout this season, you might be looking at a team still competing for the division.
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Nov 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
sometimes he upsets me with his enabling of roman but i do like his sayings like today,,,,, where we are going it is only for the tough and that is so true,, each game will be a dogfight when you face a must win each and every week. the pressure is on every week and only the strong survive

Not that great of a hire. Need to start looking elsewhere.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Jim Harbaugh post locker room speech:

"What's in store from here on out is tough, alright. That's just the way we like it. There's only one team that's gonna emerge when it's all said and done, and that one team is going to go through some hard times, that's gonna make them tough for what's coming.

Is that gonna be us? Will that be us? It's gonna be us, we'll MAKE IT BE US!"

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Locker_Room_Speech_Its_Going_to_Be_Us/161c02cb-b36a-413d-b52d-01c2e336b7c5

f**k yeah!!!

church!!
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Should have stuck with going after Billick, Colt McCoy would have totally beat the Ravens if he were on our team last year, as well.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Nah, I think better off, you start looking for a new team to root for because we rather much have Harbaugh as the Head Coach than you as a whining fan.
Share 49ersWebzone