There are 281 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Anybody else noticed Harbaugh is more mellow this year than his last two seasons? He's a little better with the media too this year which I personally don't like. Is he changing his coaching tactics? He used to give motivational quotes to the team every week from any source he can get his hands on. Personally, I like the old don't give a sh*t about anything, hyped up feisty Harbaugh because the team feeds off of his energy, and it shows on gameday.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Anybody else noticed Harbaugh is more mellow this year than his last two seasons? He's a little better with the media too this year which I personally don't like. Is he changing his coaching tactics? He used to give motivational quotes to the team every week from any source he can get his hands on. Personally, I like the old don't give a sh*t about anything, hyped up feisty Harbaugh because the team feeds off of his energy, and it shows on gameday.

this team is feeding off his energy just fine. we score over 30 points a game lately and our defense is playing lights out despite missing a ton of starters recently. harbaughs the man
Originally posted by jreff22:
Remember this...

7:20 in, listen closely

best. day. ever.
I went and watched the introduction press conference like a month ago and amazing how much has changed since then and how much has been accomplished. Coach looks a lot older though but most coaches who come to the NFL get run down and age quicker since they put in such long hours. Just listening to him you could tell he was going to be great. He's all about football and just a great player's coach who still knows x's and o's. Only thing like jreff said is we really haven't used the WCO. We have done a little of everything... mainly power run but with a lot of creativity in the run game and first. Then last year some pistol and read option. This year to start out we lost our run creativity and still isn't anywhere near what it was in 2011. At least we got back to the power run game and weeded out the read option for the most part. Still coming out of the pistol a lot. Not enough under the center and when we do seems like all 7 step drops. I'd like to see more 3 and 5 step quick throws and slants. More play action as well.

If you need a pick me up or a good way to kill time go watch the old post game locker room videos. Love watching those. Now we are use to winning and expect to win so they aren't as good as they use to be. We have SB winning expectations but if you watch some of those 1st game ones under Harbaugh like the at Philly come back it was a turning point and it was new and we didn't expect to win week in and week out. The best one was the Falcons one out of them all, the "were goin to the ship" was amazing. I also enjoyed the Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn one since I like those guys.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 15, 2013 at 3:45 AM ]
Looove our coach!

^^
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM ]
29-9-1
Originally posted by verb1der:
Looove our coach!

I haven't been one of the fans that is particularly fond of the way Harbaugh acts on the sidelines sometimes, though I wouldn't want the team to have another coach. But just this morning I was watching some video clips of the game and saw one of his "animated" sequences like the one above and for some reason it just sort of clicked for me that he was a professional quarterback for many years whose mind set will probably always be oriented that way. He wants to be in the action, bad. Acting up along the sidelines is the closest he can come to being in there and kicking butt with his team. I think doing so also helps put him into that focused game place he used to go into when he was a quarterback.

I think if a magic genie came to him and offered to make him spry enough to play quarterback in the NFL again but he'd have to give up coaching, he'd do it in a second.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
I don't see Harbaugh going off bonkers over just anything. It usually over some obvious call/non-call the ref made. For a guy who's detail oriented and treat his job seriously, he expect other people to do the same. So when the ref 'drops the ball' and f**ked up a call, he goes off major, because to him the dude obviously didn't do his job.

People see clips like posted, and think Harbaugh is just like this all the time. He's not. Though the dude is quite intense
Every f**king time I listen to "Rooster" by Alice in Chains... I think of this man.
That sequence where he jumps into the fray just kills me. I really like this guy.

"What was it like? It was good. It was good to be in the fray. Got stepped on. Got cleated in the foot. And that felt good too. I walked that off. It felt good to get cleated again. It's been over a decade since I've been stepped on and cleated. It gave me something to walk off. It felt good to be honest with you. Life-giving energy. Feel like you're in the fray getting jostled around. Don't quite have the leg strength I once had though. I was getting moved more than I was moving anybody. Just another reminder, you stare in the mirror and it's not the same reflection you saw in the mirror in my south quad college dormitory room."

Harbaugh is just awesome. And by the way, if you look near the back you can see that Kaepernick is moving in trying to get involved as well.

Tell me anyone else (besides Walsh in his prime) you'd rather have coaching this team. Harbaugh's tough, smart, thoughtful, humorous, quirky, caring & compassionate, old school while on the cutting edge and doesn't take s**t from anyone. He's our man!
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Tell me anyone else (besides Walsh in his prime) you'd rather have coaching this team. Harbaugh's tough, smart, thoughtful, humorous, quirky, caring & compassionate, old school while on the cutting edge and doesn't take s**t from anyone. He's our man!

Originally posted by GNielsen:
That sequence where he jumps into the fray just kills me. I really like this guy.

"What was it like? It was good. It was good to be in the fray. Got stepped on. Got cleated in the foot. And that felt good too. I walked that off. It felt good to get cleated again. It's been over a decade since I've been stepped on and cleated. It gave me something to walk off. It felt good to be honest with you. Life-giving energy. Feel like you're in the fray getting jostled around. Don't quite have the leg strength I once had though. I was getting moved more than I was moving anybody. Just another reminder, you stare in the mirror and it's not the same reflection you saw in the mirror in my south quad college dormitory room."

Harbaugh is just awesome. And by the way, if you look near the back you can see that Kaepernick is moving in trying to get involved as well.

haha yeah and he got stomped and he liked it. What a beast.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

haha yeah and he got stomped and he liked it. What a beast.

You could see harbaugh if he had his way would be throwing the pads on himself to get in the game if he could! Picture this, trick play
Kaep sent wr pos for 1 play. Jim in a mcoy jersey gets on the field, tosses to davis who laterals to boldin, who laterals to kaep! Running behind the wall of davis n boldin kaep jets past once an opening kaep takes it to the house! After game! Coach where where ya during that play, well aggh ya know i was out in the shed looking for a different tool to use, tho i here mcoy was a part in one helluva play! Feels good, feels real good being with the guys and mystical frank! The things he see's and his bright mind what would we do with out em! He had one helluva block on that end when he nearly got to mcoy! And kaep runs like a cheetah out there! Of course our defense and special teams are great!
:)
Pipe dream yeah! The urgency i see in coach reminds me of him wit the colts! He is on top of his game, not over til that fat lady sings, lol he aint hearing no fat lady lmao
Yeah sorry for rant
Goniners
No coach in the NFL I'd rather have.
Share 49ersWebzone