There are 147 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm still jacked.
I still can't believe that he wants Alex Smith to be our quarterback. What a disapointment.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
I still can't believe that he wants Alex Smith to be our quarterback. What a disapointment.

This. But I'm willing to think he may just be covering his bet. It's no secret I do not want the AS experiment to continue but there really are not many options on the table for this year. We may be stuck with another year of WTF AS football.

LB
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

This. But I'm willing to think he may just be covering his bet. It's no secret I do not want the AS experiment to continue but there really are not many options on the table for this year. We may be stuck with another year of WTF AS football.

LB

I am willing to watch just to see what our new coaching staff can do with him and our offense in general and see how much blame for the last couple seasons belongs with Singletary, we should have won a lot of our lost games even with AS s**tty QB play.
[ Edited by skynet907 on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:09 PM ]
For those of you who tremble at the thought of Alex returning, relax. I think the window has substantially closed on that possibility. Just before Alex's contract expired, the 49ers put an offer on the table to extend his contract another year. It probably almost assured him of a starting role in SF for next year, and provided him the chance to play under a QB-friendly HC who could help him to play at a higher level.

Yet, Alex and his agent decided to not accept the offer, even knowing that there was a strong possiblity of a lockout. This suggested to me (1) that he or his agent KNEW that there were one or more solid teams prepared to offer him a multi-year contract where he would have a very good chance at being the starting QB, or (2) that he REALLY wanted to get away from 49er fans. I think he is too tough a guy to whimp out about the hostile fan issue, so I think it is the former.

I expect he will sign elsewhere.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I'm still jacked.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm still jacked.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
I'm still jacked.
seriously though, what if harbaugh totally screws up the qb situation and we go 3-13, then 2-14 the year after. the thought scares me
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
seriously though, what if harbaugh totally screws up the qb situation and we go 3-13, then 2-14 the year after. the thought scares me

Then that means will have a good shot at Luck next year.

that's absolutely true

that's absolutely true

then start Carr
Originally posted by backontop:

that's absolutely true

then start Alex

fixed
All I know is I never want a defensive minded coach in Ninerland again!!!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
All I know is I never want a defensive minded coach in Ninerland again!!!

From your mouth, to Jed Yorks ears, hopefully. Defensive HC has no place in SF. It goes against our DNA and who we are as an organization.
Share 49ersWebzone