LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
I have to agree with you on keeping Baalke instead of Harbaugh. Terrible mistake.

yeah, big mistake. Thank god he's gone. Us poor fans had to deal with a piss poor product from a GM that was clueless in acquiring offensive talent. The All ACL team just drove me nuts. I remember a Marcus Lattimore interview where he basically said Baalke was nuts to have drafted him. Sad.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I have to agree with you on keeping Baalke instead of Harbaugh. Terrible mistake.

yeah, big mistake. Thank god he's gone. Us poor fans had to deal with a piss poor product from a GM that was clueless in acquiring offensive talent. The All ACL team just drove me nuts. I remember a Marcus Lattimore interview where he basically said Baalke was nuts to have drafted him. Sad.

Many know the biblical account of Joseph who rose from slavery to 2nd in command to the Pharaoh himself...his most trusted agent. Everything he touched, turned to gold.

Baalke became the absolute polar opposite of Joseph...even when year after year, he got an A grade for his drafts and off season moves, in the end, every single thing he touched turned to s**t. It was remarkable actually, now looking back at it.

He's perfect working under Goodell.
Yup. And I'll just add that I think Harbaugh beat Bellicheat in Foxborough. I can't recall the year though. But it was a pretty good game. I think it was 2012.

Excellent call Giedi.. Let's look at the tape since some have forgotten what that offense actually did.. Imagine if baalke didn't live off Scot's draft picks and actually knew how to draft?

Keapernick 14-24 214 yards 4 touchdowns Int..

We went into Foxboro was up 31-3 in the 3rd quarter, still withstood their comback to get into the playoffs.

Boy do some forget what that OFFENSE did for us.. but for some Bad offense, Bad.... They want to rewrite history so bad because the hate for Harbaugh doesn't let them see the facts.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 27, 2018 at 4:07 AM ]
Or the offense they look to bash in the NFC Championship game.. Imagine if baalke would have actually drafted and replenished this team but he didn't, 2012, 2013 was arguably his worst drafts.

2013 draft produced 0 players.. What does 0 do for a coach? Any coach... While every other gm helped their team, baalke robbed us at the time we had a super bowl window.

Who takes days off of work on draft days during a super bowl window?!

2012,2013 drafts baalke gave a pile of dog s**t to help Harbaugh.. I'm surprised Harbaugh even got us an 8-8 record in 2014... Most and I was one of them were complaining about the line in 2013...

2014 Keapernick was one of the highest sacked Qb's.. That tend to happen when your gm didn't draft anyone in 2012 and 2013.. Especially 2013 where he gave us a total of 0 players..

Who was the idiot trading away Alex Smith instead creating a culture of competition like Harbaugh always preached?

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 27, 2018 at 4:24 AM ]
Just wish Harbaugh would have gotten a real OC, and maybe in exchange for that full GM veto power like Kyle.

Imagine if in 2014, we brought in Kyle and had him work the magic like he did in DC with RG3? Or maybe Kubiak ?

I think Harbaugh had that "it factor" as far as coaching, being a leader of men..........it's just too bad Baalke couldn't stock up on guys, and that Harbaugh's offensive philosophy was 15 years too late.

Unbelievably close.
"Michigan football got high praise from college football expert Phil Steele earlier this week. Here's why he's correct that UM is going to be a top-10 team."

"Michigan also had six players ranked in Sports Illustrated's Top-100 college football players list. That was more than any other Big Ten team and three more than Ohio State. On the same list, Michigan State had just one player and he ranked lower than all the Wolverines who made it."

"The Wolverines have tons of NFL talent, including Rashan Gary, Devin Bush Jr., Shea Patterson, Khaleke Hudson, Karan Higdon, Chase Winovich, David Long and Lavert Hill. All eight of those guys could easily get picked in the 2019 NFL draft."

"Michigan Football is a legit top-10 team heading into 2018 season"
by Chris Peterson2m ago

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gbmwolverine.com/2018/06/27/michigan-football-legit-top-10-team-heading-2018-season/amp/
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 27, 2018 at 2:49 PM ]
"For context, Michigan's starting linebackers had more tackles for loss than Nebraska's entire team in 2017. Nebraska, granted, finished second to last nationally in total TFL, but you get the picture.

Michigan's starting linebackers in 2017 racked up a total of 210 negative yards, roughly 44 percent of the team's total for the season."

"The position group is loaded. And Michigan will add to it with freshman Cameron McGrone, the highest-ranked player in the 2018 recruiting class."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/740578002
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM ]
"I asked Bill what grade he'd give Harbaugh since arriving in Ann Arbor, and Bill gave Harbaugh a "B" due to bringing the program back to national relevance.

"But it's winning time now," he said.

Will the Big Ten overall be the most competitive and best conference based on quality teams?

"Yes, based on playoff contenders. They have five teams capable of reaching the playoff. Nobody else can say that," Bill said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maizenbrew.com/platform/amp/football/2018/6/29/17499908/sporting-news-bill-bender-shares-thoughts-about-why-michigans-a-double-digit-win-team-in-2018

Sporting News' Bill Bender shares thoughts about why Michigan's a double-digit win team in 2018
Bill Bender with Sporting News believes Michigan's fourth year under Jim Harbaugh could be a big one.
By DavidNoe on June 29, 2018 6:00 am
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 29, 2018 at 5:12 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
Yup. And I'll just add that I think Harbaugh beat Bellicheat in Foxborough. I can't recall the year though. But it was a pretty good game. I think it was 2012.

Excellent call Giedi.. Let's look at the tape since some have forgotten what that offense actually did.. Imagine if baalke didn't live off Scot's draft picks and actually knew how to draft?

Keapernick 14-24 214 yards 4 touchdowns Int..

We went into Foxboro was up 31-3 in the 3rd quarter, still withstood their comback to get into the playoffs.

Boy do some forget what that OFFENSE did for us.. but for some Bad offense, Bad.... They want to rewrite history so bad because the hate for Harbaugh doesn't let them see the facts.

Exaclty Wu. If Harbaugh had been kept and *his* GM personally chosen by Harbaugh had been hired, I think we'd be in very similar situation to what we have now with Kyle. I like both coaches. Kyle is a wonderful offensive mind, and I think Harbaugh has a wonderful defensive mind *and* he has pretty good chops on offens too. I don't think at the level of a Kyle, but I would say up there with some of the best OC's in the game, he just was handicapped by a crap GM. The thing with Kyle is *can he build a defense* the way Harbaugh can? With Harbaugh, your offense doesn't have to be top of the line. If Kyle can't build a defense, (and hiring a guy like John Lynch says to me he can) then Kyle's offense has to be number 1 to even have a chance to win a super bowl. But yeah, I think Harbaugh can beat Meyer. He's beaten the best in the NFL. College should not be a problem for him. I really do look forward to seeing Harbaugh back in the NFL, but in the AFC (hopefully) not the NFC.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

Many know the biblical account of Joseph who rose from slavery to 2nd in command to the Pharaoh himself...his most trusted agent. Everything he touched, turned to gold.

Baalke became the absolute polar opposite of Joseph...even when year after year, he got an A grade for his drafts and off season moves, in the end, every single thing he touched turned to s**t. It was remarkable actually, now looking back at it.

He's perfect working under Goodell.

Baalke's weakness was that he's not a coach. Never has been a coach. So he doesn't know the systems as well as (for example) a John McVay who was a head coach. Baalke was just a scout and his personality was a "my way or the highway" kind of personality. That *can* work in the NFL, but you have to be a good judge of talent fitting the system to do that - if you aren't going to talk to your coaches or assistant coaches. If you look at how Kyle and John work, it's back to how our franchise operated on in the Dynasty years, with the added role of Praage as the capanomics guy. I don't think Walsh had a handle on the cap the way Praage has it now (during the Erickson/Mooch years). I think Baalke's early success being Executive of the Year went to his head and he got a big ego about it and just basically stank up the joint after that. Harbaugh was right, Baalke didn't know when he was running things in niner land. I'm really glad the Marriage between John and Kyle seems to be still in the honeymoon stage, and they did a pretty good job getting through the 0-10 games together. They didn't fall apart. Now the next challenge is getting to the super bowl. Then the next challenge after that is sustaining a super bowl team the way the Pats have done it these past decade and a half.

If UM loses to ND week 1 this thread is going to be.

JH is at put up or shut up time.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 30, 2018 at 5:00 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I feel for your safety Woo if UM loses to ND week 1. All these expectations and it could be shattered out of the gate.

It would be nice but I don't think we are going undefeated and I never said we would even if we do win in ND. 5 Big Ten teams are considered playoff contenders as well as ND.

We have the 3rd toughest schedule. As long as we win the big ten and beat the other school. A playoff spot will be there if we take care of the big ten.

Thinking we are going undefeated is a little far fetched with our schedule. One or two losses will get us in if we take care of the big ten.

The Big Ten will beat each other up and no team will go undefeated imho. Not with this competition..

I agree JH needs to win. Agreed and he created the team to do so from ground up. This team is too good not to.

So before all the haters come out the woodworks, Wu never said Michigan was going undefeated.. For the record..

A playoff team yes, Undefeated with 5 playoff contenders in the conference? That's a tough one.. I'm not going that far now...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 30, 2018 at 5:13 AM ]
It would be nice but I don't think we are going undefeated and I never said we would even if we do win. 5 Big Ten teams are considered playoff contenders as well as ND.

We have the 3rd toughest schedule. As long as we win the big ten and the other school. A playoff spot will be there if we take care of the big ten.

If they lose week 1 I think you can forget about playoffs. They won't run the table in the Big Ten and at 2+ losses things start getting iffy. See OSU last year.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
It would be nice but I don't think we are going undefeated and I never said we would even if we do win. 5 Big Ten teams are considered playoff contenders as well as ND.

We have the 3rd toughest schedule. As long as we win the big ten and the other school. A playoff spot will be there if we take care of the big ten.

If they lose week 1 I think you can forget about playoffs. They won't run the table in the Big Ten and at 2+ losses things start getting iffy. See OSU last year.

Maybe, but at least one or two big ten schools in the end could be in the playoffs.

I believe strength of schedule will have something to say in the end or have a huge factor as always, I just don't see a one loss or even two losses being a biggie in this conference, not when this is the premier conference now and no other conference has 5 playoff contenders in theirs as does the Big Ten. Judges will factor that in.

I would love an undefeated season but I don't think that's realistic. Having the 3rd toughest schedule with 1-2 losses in this conference should get us in the playoffs.

Michigan with 2 losses and the 3rd toughest schedule? In a 5 playoff contender conference? Including playing ND another playoff contender?? There's no reason why they wouldn't be in.. If only 2 losses..

Michigan plays ND, Penn st, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Mich st and the other school..

Those are 6 playoff contenders Michigan will play this season, 2 losses should not affect a playoff slot, not with this competition. The strength of schedule will have a say this year. Imho
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 30, 2018 at 5:59 AM ]
Maybe, but at least one or two big ten schools in the end could be in the playoffs.

I believe strength of schedule will have something to say in the end or have a huge factor as always, I just don't see a one loss or even two losses being a biggie in this conference, not when this is the premier conference now and no other conference has 5 playoff contenders in theirs as does the Big Ten. Judges will factor that in.

I would love an undefeated season but I don't think that's realistic. Having the 3rd toughest schedule with 1-2 losses in this conference should get us in the playoffs.

Michigan with 2 losses and the 3rd toughest schedule? In a 5 playoff contender conference? Including playing ND another playoff contender?? There's no reason why they wouldn't be in.. If only 2 losses..

Michigan plays ND, Penn st, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Mich st and the other school..

Those are 6 playoff contenders Michigan will play this season, 2 losses should not affect a playoff slot, not with this competition. The strength of schedule will have a say this year. Imho

Losing to ND would be disastrous because it's head to head v a possibly playoff team. If UM is Big 10 champs and ND is sitting there with a victory over them.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 30, 2018 at 1:59 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone