LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
There is no luck in certain things but you are going overboard giving way too much credit for someone who can only rah rah coach and needs to have a outrageously dominant team..

Scott or Baalke in 2011 is irrelevant. We still had a strong uncoached team that missed a few key areas that Baalke signed in FA

if the 49ers didn't gift JH a team, why not a championship with Stanford, SD and Michigan in his first year ? but i know you will say it's different even though you brought college into it.

Harbaugh is only good when he has the dominant team, but when he meets a team thats equal/better or has a better coach.. he loses.

Yet those teams were rock bottom and he turned them around? I'm just stating facts. What do you mean? He took a 1-10 Stanford team to winning the Orange bowl... Context.

He took a niner team to a Super Bowl and nfc title, when they sucked 9 years prior, no matter how much you try to sugar coat they were loaded, The fact is, 9 years before Harbaugh we were hot garbage.. Spare me with that loaded roster when our record was what in 2010-2011 with Singletary

With Michigan in 4 years he is out recruiting Saban and Meyer for recruits..

Everyone knows in football you give a coach 3-4 year evaluation, He has Michigan right where they need to be.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:53 PM ]
"There are the pre-Harbaugh 49ers and the post-Harbaugh 49ers, and both have been ugly. The Harbaugh era, however, stands like a beacon. Consider:

"In the eight seasons before Harbaugh arrived in 2011, the 49ers hadn't had a single winning season and were a cumulative 46-82. In the two seasons since he was let go, the 49ers are 7-25. In the four seasons Harbaugh was on the job in San Francisco, the 49ers were 44-19, went to three straight NFC Championship Games and a Super Bowl and never had a losing season."

The 49ers are taking a gigantic risk here," wrote Manfred. "Harbaugh has set an impossible standard for his successor – even his worst season (8-8 in 2014) wasn't that bad. If the team doesn't get back to the top of the NFC quickly, all anyone is going to remember is that the 49ers let Jim Harbaugh leave for no reason."

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Niners-Still-Haunted-by-Jim-Harbaugh-Mistake--409323835.html

Dumbest mistake in franchise history, please I'm a niner fan. Spare the debunked myth we were loaded lol.

Only around here people are oblivious to the worst blunder in niner history.. Why do 49ers fans continue to be in denial? Everyone knows, it's alright guys. It's over just admit it. It's cool. That article explains it all, hard cold facts. Again, Everyone knows.

Considering the pile of s**t pre and post Harbaugh, he should be considered a demi-god around here but still surprised at the die hards that are in denial. Let the hate go...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
There is no luck in certain things but you are going overboard giving way too much credit for someone who can only rah rah coach and needs to have a outrageously dominant team..

Scott or Baalke in 2011 is irrelevant. We still had a strong uncoached team that missed a few key areas that Baalke signed in FA

if the 49ers didn't gift JH a team, why not a championship with Stanford, SD and Michigan in his first year ? but i know you will say it's different even though you brought college into it.

Harbaugh is only good when he has the dominant team, but when he meets a team thats equal/better or has a better coach.. he loses.

Yet those teams were rock bottom and he turned them around? I'm just stating facts. What do you mean? He took a 1-10 Stanford team to winning the Orange bowl... Context.

He took a niner team to a Super Bowl and nfc title, when they sucked 9 years prior, no matter how much you try to sugar coat they were loaded, The fact is, 9 years before Harbaugh we were hot garbage.. Spare me with that loaded roster when our record was what in 2010-2011 with Singletary

With Michigan in 4 years he is out recruiting Saban and Meyer for recruits..

Everyone knows in football you give a coach 3-4 year evaluation, He has Michigan right where they need to be.
JH had nothing to do with bringing in a roster with the 49ers..he ended up making us worse

JH is like Saban. built for college only.
JH had nothing to do with bringing in a roster with the 49ers..he ended up making us worse

Post #19277

You are in denial..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:08 PM ]
"His was a team and a style that just about any team not based in Seattle or New England would die to have. In four season, Harbaugh not only hauled the 49ers out of mediocrity, he gave them a culture of success – unparalleled success. Forty-four wins in four seasons. That's the second-most by any coach in his first four seasons. He was also the only coach in NFL history to go to back-to-back-to-back NFC Championships in his first three years.

And San Francisco decided he wasn't the guy they wanted. It's happened before. Steve Mariucci is somewhere shaking his head and smiling at what has transpired."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-fired-black-monday/amp

Let's look at the stupidity and what everyone thought except here..

Don't let hate blind you.. The move was Insanity-f**king retarded..
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 6:17 PM ]

Post #19277

You are in denial..
nope, i guess you forgot all the players we had on that team already. mostly on defense.

and we were a pretty dominant defensive team

I wonder what excuse you will say at the end of the season when JH loses the conference again.
nope, i guess you forgot all the players we had on that team already. mostly on defense.

I wonder what excuse you will say at the end of the season when JH loses the conference again.

"San Francisco's .359 winning percentage over that time frame topped only the Browns, Raiders, and Lions"

"Under the likes of Erickson, Mike Nolan, and Mike Singletary, the 49ers went 46–82, failing to produce even a single winning season. San Francisco's .359 winning percentage over that time frame topped only the Browns, Raiders, and Lions — not exactly model franchises in the modern NFL."

"It was comically bad at times. For instance, the 2005 offense, predominantly led by rookie Alex Smith, was historically inept and Smith produced one of the worst seasons Football Outsiders has measured. For an organization and fan base that had experienced nothing but success for two-plus decades, it was perhaps the darkest stretch in franchise history. You have to go back to the late 1970s to find another period that comes close. The 49ers posted a .331 winning percentage in the eight years preceding their first Super Bowl victory in 1981, having experienced only brief runs of success to that point."

"San Francisco's offense improved from 24th to 11th in points scored; from 24th to 18th in offensive DVOA. Those are modest improvements to be sure, but those numbers don't capture the significance of the changes on that side of the ball. Harbaugh constructed a conservative, power-rushing attack that masked his player's many weaknesses and accentuated their strengths. Most impressively, Harbaugh turned Alex Smith into a competent quarterback."

"By any measure, Smith was one of the worst quarterbacks in football prior to Harbaugh's arrival. That Smith lasted five seasons with the team is nothing short of miraculous considering his production. Smith had never finished higher than 27th in DVOA among quarterbacks and his offenses ranked in the bottom third of the league every season he was with the team. It's hard to imagine a quarterback getting more opportunities after playing as poorly as Smith had for such an extended stretch of time.

Under Harbaugh's tutelage in 2011, Smith posted career highs in every meaningful passing metric, finishing the season 14th in DVOA. As a unit, San Francisco's passing offense improved from 24th to 13th in DVOA, their highest ranking since the final days of Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens."

We had some players but needed a hc and he took those players and developed them. Denial if you think it wasn't a mistake or the impact Harbaugh really has..

You also forgot Alex Smith owes Jim Harbaugh big.
The 49ers were ready to trade Alex in 2010 to start fresh. Jim Harbaugh turned Alex career around.

Jim Harbaugh could easily have said let's get a new Qb and start fresh but he didn't.. That shows his true genius. Guess where he took the niners in 2012...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:33 AM ]
"It sounds like Joe Montana agrees with Jim Harbaugh about the former 49ers coach deserving a medal for his time with the franchise.

Montana opened up Tuesday about his thoughts on Harbaugh's ouster in 2014 after taking San Francisco to three straight NFC Championships and the Super Bowl in 2012.

"Sometimes, you'll make bad decisions in an organization," the Hall of Fame quarterback recently told Sports Illustrated's SI Now. "And I think letting Jim Harbaugh go was not a good decision on their part at that point in time. … All of a sudden they were in the Super Bowl and then it just took a dive."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/18/joe-montana-semi-blasts-49ers-for-parting-ways-with-jim-harbaugh/amp/

Is Joe Montana a homer, full of excuses or a concerned 49er fan? I agree with Montana. He does deserve a medal dealing with that insanity and trying to win a championship.. As if the job wasn't hard enough..

Everyone knows it was the dumbest mistake in franchise history except for only a few niner fans. The only excuses are the ones here still, 4 years later, still trying to rewrite history and in denial.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 25, 2018 at 7:13 PM ]
Wu going full Purge up in here.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Your posts are BS and you've posted this same crap for 4 years. Maybe get some new material?

Jim not only is one of the best coaches the 49ers had hes also the reason other good coaches were there as well. Like having Vic and his defense. Without Vic the 49ers never get to 3 nfccg. Without Jim there is no Vic. Believe that.

49ers went from bottom 10 offense to top 15. Defense went from avg top 2 in the league.

Michigan went from garbage to top a 15 team. Now they have a top defense in college football. That's not only because of Jim but who follows him. It takes everyone to win.

As I said before maybe check out the Michigan all or nothing to get some behind the scenes info on how Jim and his staff coaches. Because right now your posts in this thread are garbage with zero facts and do nothing for it.

Or just stop caring about Jim Harbaugh and move on with your life.

Thank you,

SoCold

13th yards, 16th scoring is average not dominate.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:35 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

13th yards, 16th scoring is average not dominate.

https://twitter.com/TheHerd/status/902630198205530112?s=20

Here is another example 10 years pre-Harbaugh at Michigan,

I don't understand why people hate him? Especially here. When he was the best hc we had in a long time, even 4 years later when the baalke is mia. Some still hate and spread lies or discredit what he has done.

Why don't we support the hc that helps you win? Unless it's personal, that's the only reason I can think of because the data speaks otherwise.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jun 26, 2018 at 5:58 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:

Your posts are BS and you've posted this same crap for 4 years. Maybe get some new material?

Jim not only is one of the best coaches the 49ers had hes also the reason other good coaches were there as well. Like having Vic and his defense. Without Vic the 49ers never get to 3 nfccg. Without Jim there is no Vic. Believe that.

49ers went from bottom 10 offense to top 15. Defense went from avg top 2 in the league.

Michigan went from garbage to top a 15 team. Now they have a top defense in college football. That's not only because of Jim but who follows him. It takes everyone to win.

As I said before maybe check out the Michigan all or nothing to get some behind the scenes info on how Jim and his staff coaches. Because right now your posts in this thread are garbage with zero facts and do nothing for it.

Or just stop caring about Jim Harbaugh and move on with your life.

Thank you,

SoCold

Man, that's SO Cold! Brrrrrrr....!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Question: If he wins the championship in the next 2-3 years, will he be considered a great coach to you guys then?
Don't tell me, Show me

What will it take though for you guys to consider him a great coach?

By being a great head coach. By beating great head coaches. By consistently winning games against great opponents and winning championships. It is pretty straightforward.

Nobody has to debate whether or not Saban or Belichick are great coaches. They have the track record and hardware to back it up. As does Urban Meyer.

Yet saban's nfl experience was a joke? Saban is the real glorified college coach.. Harbaugh proved he can consistently win, 44-19-1.. Until we chose a loser over him? Meyer hasn't tasted the big leagues yet.. If ever.

Harbaugh won a nfc title, How many coaches can say that? Not many.. just because in the eyes that hate him that doesn't matter as a big win, it doesn't mean in the real world we are supposed to think that or that it's true??

Yup. And I'll just add that I think Harbaugh beat Bellicheat in Foxborough. I can't recall the year though. But it was a pretty good game. I think it was 2012.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
His style is very simple. Execute and dominate. Very different from guys like Walsh and Kyle who are more cerebral and outwit vs outmuscle. Clearly the college game and the NFL game are very different. He's done well in both, but not to the point where he's a Hall of fame Level coach. Those are hard to find, and even harder to keep. But Harbaugh is still pretty young as he is only 54. I think he still has a good 10+ years of coaching left in him and he can still improve (hopefully). I'd love to see him back in the NFL and with an NFL caliber offense too. Hopefully he's learned his lesson, and that when he goes back to the NFL - he should have total control of the football operations the way Kyle has now (yes Kyle has a GM that makes the draft selections - but Kyle *hired* John). I really look forward to seeing Jim earn a National Title, I think he has everything now - even the QB as Wu says - to win it. **IF** (big if) he wins the National Title, I can see him using that to jump back into the NFL and on an NFL team that will enable him to have full control of everything.

Yeah, offensively, he's like Saleh. Simple game plans with premier talent winning 1v1. He is certainly grounded in the Bo Schembechler school of thought. You can win a lot of games that way esp. in college but...

The only thing I don't like about his offense is it's a run first offense. In the age of passing, I think he's just not taking advantage of the rules. Having said that, schematically the Air Coryell offense has won a lot of games. The problem with the Air Coryell offense is it's not an all weather offense like the WCO is. The WCO can win in the altitudes, the heat of miami, the cold of Chicago, the winds of Candlestick. The Air Coryell offense is very weather dependent. Not the best offense to run in Michigan in my opinion. The read option does give a boost to the running game in the air coryell scheme, but is it enough to offeset the disadvantages of weather? I dont know. I guess if you have a great back, it does, but if you don't - the problem with marrying the read-option with the air-coryell is that the QB can be exposed injuries. In college - you have a talent pool. At U of M, Harbaugh has Shea, Milton, and McCaffrey (for example) - in the NFL you have Colin and then Tolzien. Big huge dropoff in talent there at the QB position. I think he needs to move to a more QB friendly offense that's capable of being all weather. He can do it. He had 4 years of access to all the tapes of Bill Walsh and he had Tom Rathman as his RB coach. Will he? I don't know. I just think his personality suites the Air Coryell offens better than the patient and methodical WCO. He can win with that scheme, but he needs a great defense and a solid run game.
Share 49ersWebzone