There are 228 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Then there's always the former boyfriends that still love the ex even though they're gone, and they're just as pathetic. lol

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your former coach who now coaches college. Did you root against Walsh when he went back to Stanford? Maybe if you were a UCLA or USC grad/ fan but otherwise that's what I thought. If JH was in Chicago I'd get it but what he does now is 100% irrelevant to us.

Even if he won the national title it doesn't prove anything. It's college. Saban didn't scorn the Dolphins because he won some titles with Bama.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 20, 2017 at 7:49 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
He better jump back to the NFL, at this rate he is gonna be coaching the Akron Zips in 2019

Akron Zips 2022 National Champions
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Then there's always the former boyfriends that still love the ex even though they're gone, and they're just as pathetic. lol

There's nothing wrong with rooting for your former coach who now coaches college. Did you root against Walsh when he went back to Stanford? Maybe if you were a UCLA or USC grad/ fan but otherwise that's what I thought. If JH was in Chicago I'd get it but what he does now is 100% irrelevant to us.

Even if he won the national title it doesn't prove anything. It's college. Saban didn't scorn the Dolphins because he won some titles with Bama.

I get what you are saying, but there is a big difference between Walsh's SF career and Harbaugh's SF time.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Wow, a whole lot of butt hurt in this thread. Can't wait until next weekend

8-34 draws out a lot of butt hurt.

Or maybe it is the fact that Harbaugh isn't as good as advertised. UM is definitely not getting their money's worth out of the HC position.

Based on what?

Their athletic dept is #3 in the country in revenue and it is expected to go up

Based on wins and loses. More importantly, wins against rival schools. You got to beat Ohio State sometime before your contract is up

Revenue don't mean jack if you can't beat the big boys.

Nahh

After what UM has gone through prior to JH.

They are making more money and winning more.

Jed isn't in charge at UM. If he was , then maybe the stupidity would flow like it did here

He is in charge at UM. They are also spending a whole lot more money now that he is in charge. Those extravagant spring trips he's taken his teams on over the past couple of years aren't cheap. You need quality wins to back those sort of things up.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I get what you are saying, but there is a big difference between Walsh's SF career and Harbaugh's SF time.

Does that matter? If Mooch went back to Cali is there something wrong with rooting for him there? Unless you went to a different PAC 10 school I don't get the hostility.
Ok, if you say so. You can only lose to Michigan State and Ohio State so many times before fans and alumni will turn on you. Next year is do or die for Jim and his crew. Better chance that Jim is back in the NFL more than anything else.

UM has beat OSU twice since 03. That is what it is. OSU is just a superior program. You can think what you want but JH would have to have 4 wins to get fired next year. It's not happening. They're too talented of a program for that. Year 5 is when the coals will be out.

Isn't that why he was hired? To bring UM back to superior program status and beat OSU and MSU on a regular basis? I mean, he's getting paid like a coach running a superior program. Is it not fair to say that if he keeps losing to rival teams that his job status would be in question, even before he reaches year 5? Urban Meyer did not need this long to re-establish OSU among the elites, JH is getting paid to do the same and he's coming up short.
He is in charge at UM. They are also spending a whole lot more money now that he is in charge. Those extravagant spring trips he's taken his teams on over the past couple of years aren't cheap. You need quality wins to back those sort of things up.

He's got a guaranteed contract. You fire him you still pay him so much for cutting costs. If he's not winning after year 5 UM can push the salary down but they made their bed he's their coach for years to come if he wants it.

I'd root for any successful SF coach, which includes Harbs imo.

I root for Frank Gore and Alex Smith too

With Harbs, like I've been saying for months, it's all about next year. If he doesn't get 10 wins next year he is in big trouble
Originally posted by valrod33:
He better jump back to the NFL, at this rate he is gonna be coaching the Akron Zips in 2019

Does that matter? If Mooch went back to Cali is there something wrong with rooting for him there? Unless you went to a different PAC 10 school I don't get the hostility.

It does to me. I don't have a problem with people rooting on any ex-niner, and I do if I liked them, but way different when you are talking about one of the franchise's goats. I love Gore and want the best for him. I don't give a flying poo about Mike Davis.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Nov 20, 2017 at 10:01 AM ]
It does to me. I don't have a problem with people rooting on any ex-niner, and I do if I liked them, but way different when you are talking about one of the franchise's goats. I love Gore and want the best for him. I don't give a flying poo about Mike Davis.

JH is not Walsh, he's not Dennis Erickson either. If you don't care a poo about Davis that's fine but if you're following him waiting for him to slip up obviously you do care. Hence the bitter ex comparison that's been thrown around.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 20, 2017 at 10:10 AM ]
  • Jiks
JH is not Walsh, he's not Dennis Erickson either. If you don't care a poo about Davis that's fine but if you're following him waiting for him to slip up obviously you do care. Hence the bitter ex comparison that's been thrown around.

Definitely not Erickson... He's won championships and conferences. Harbaugh is not even in the same league.
He'll go to the Las Vegas Red Raiders or whatever t f they gonna call themselves now that they have money.
#bookit
Originally posted by Jiks:
Definitely not Erickson... He's won championships and conferences. Harbaugh is not even in the same league.

But 9-23 here. I know, I know Jed would kill for that win % nowadays.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 20, 2017 at 1:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone