LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 444 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Both can be true. Harbaugh wasn't the demi-God HC some fans thought he was and has gotten progressively worse every year with total power (like Baalke) and the 49ers FO made horrendous moves upon the mutual parting of ways and we're all currently suffering for it now (pro or college fan or both).

UM has gotten worse every year? Not true. They're having 1 down year now which is also all it took for captain insano to fire him. I doubt UM will be that dumb.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Both can be true. Harbaugh wasn't the demi-God HC some fans thought he was and has gotten progressively worse every year with total power (like Baalke) and the 49ers FO made horrendous moves upon the mutual parting of ways and we're all currently suffering for it now (pro or college fan or both).

UM has gotten worse every year? Not true. They're having 1 down year now which is also all it took for captain insano to fire him. I doubt UM will be that dumb.

They haven't gotten worse each year?

Yeah, I can't speak to his future, just starting current state/facts. I'm sure the leadership at UM is certainly much smarter and more patient than Jed. Jed is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Yeah, I can't speak to his future, just starting current state/facts. I'm sure the leadership at UM is certainly much smarter and more patient than Jed. Jed is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

10-3, 10-3, 5-2. This is the only year they got worse and the season isn't even done yet. They beat OSU and it's all forgiven.

10-3, 10-3, 5-2. This is the only year they got worse and the season isn't even done yet. They beat OSU and it's all forgiven.

Got it...thought the second 10-3 wasn't as strong from a quality perspective (remember some concerns stated by the end of the year). I'm sure you're correct as you're much closer to the situation. Good luck against OSU!

Got it...thought the second 10-3 wasn't as strong from a quality perspective (remember some concerns stated by the end of the year). I'm sure you're correct as you're much closer to the situation. Good luck against OSU!

Those records are not signs of a good team, NFL yes but not in college.

Beating unranked teams is not an accomplishment by a supposedly good program

i dont understand. how is 5-2 bad in college. (at this point in the season)

They were better but ending with the same results means more disappointment. All you got to do is look at those 2 OSU games to see UM was more capable in year 2.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

UM is thankful for Baalke and Jed
I like how you can post the exact expectations of Harbaugh, and when it happens, people act like its a disaster.

As has been said many many times here, this year's team is a 3 or 4 loss team. Looking like a 4 loss time right now.

Its year 4 and 5 that will decide Harbs' fate. This is a bridge year.

Nick Saban's 3rd full season at Alabama was his worst, his 3rd year at LSU as his worst.

Urban Meyer's 3rd year at Florida was his worst (although at OSU it was his best).

It depends a lot on the roster. And anyone with half a brain in CFB knew that Harbs 3rd year was going to be tough as he transitions the team.

Sometimes the bridge year varies, year 2-4, but its going to happen when a new coach takes over. Great coaches in CFB typically get immediate improvement in the first 2 years they arrive as the program has momentum and burned out players from prior regime become veteran leaders motivated to play. Then the new coach will hut a lull before the team rebounds with thier recruits. Maybe they flop, time will tell. Many new coaches do great first 2 years, and never recover from the bridge year.

So long as Harbs wins 2 more games, I don't think there is much alarm in Michigan.

As far as fans booing Michigan or turning on Harbs, again its typical of college. Fans got pissed off at Jimbo Fisher too. Fans were psised off at Dabo for years. There are only 2 coaches in CFB that are immune, and thats Saban and Meyer.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Those records are not signs of a good team, NFL yes but not in college.

Beating unranked teams is not an accomplishment by a supposedly good program

Lol, so much factually incorrect about this statement I don't even know where to begin.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

UM is thankful for Baalke and Jed

okay but am I missing something?

Because 2 losses in college football pretty much takes you out of the championship running. The 4 teams that make it to the playoff will most likely have zero or one loss.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Because 2 losses in college football pretty much takes you out of the championship running. The 4 teams that make it to the playoff will most likely have zero or one loss.

so that's why he's been out of the runnings the past couple years; being 10-3?

Yup.

Yup.

that's f**king stupid
Share 49ersWebzone