There are 282 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol ..I only see one b***h in this situation
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/28/brandon-jacobs-vows-to-get-jim-harbaugh-fired/

He needs to really give it a rest!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Jacobs is wrong, Harbaugh knows his X's and O's. The last two years were on Baalke, I mean the A. J. Jenkins pick was atrocious - and I lay that particular pick on Baalke. On paper, he's the dude that had final say on draft day. I'm glad Kyle seems to have more say in player personnel than what Harbaugh had, and I think that will be a big difference in turning this franchise around.

You're about to see a night and day difference in a Bo Schemblacher offense and a true X's and O's WCO HC in Kyle WRT the passing game. Totally different planet...see thl's notes too on HaRoman removing the sight adjustments as well.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl/188883-brandon-jacobs-rips-harbaugh-didnt-what-doing-49ers/

The shembechler offense is more of a run offense, and I can see it matching well with the vertical offense of infante's offense. So this offense works in the NFL, however it bogs down in cold weather. Unlike the WCO which is an all weather offense. It relies on the power run to play off the vertical nature of the pass play. I think it was more Baalke than Harbaugh that made the offense so inefficient- that offense needs speed and Baalke never got the burner that Harbaugh's offense needed.

The design of hierarchy really hurt Harbaugh because I don't think Baalke understood how important those kinds of wr's are in the Infante offense. Harbaugh did and I think that was one of his frustrations was that he couldn't get the players he wanted. Hence he never signed the extensions because he never would have gotten the control he needed. If he got more control, I think you would see a much different offense than what you saw after we appeared in the Superbowl. Having said that, we will never know now. The important thing now is that Kyle has the power that Harbaugh never did.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JEXIT:
Originally posted by thl408:
Speaking specifically to the lack of route conversions, there was an article in 2011 that claimed Harbaugh removed sight adjustments from the playbook. If what Jacobs said is true regarding the lack of route conversions, then it kind of backs up the article. Or the article backs up what Jacobs said. Jacobs was with the team in 2012.
http://grantland.com/features/quarterbacking-made-simple/

Route conversions are basically changing routes on the fly (post snap). If it's Cover1 do X. If it's Cover2 do Y. If it's Cover3 do Z, for example.

It's quite possible that he did that to dumb down the offense so he could understand it

...for the QB he handpicked in Colin Kaepernick. Athletic QB's can work in college but not so much at the pro level. Smoke and mirrors can only last so long.

Physically gifted guys like Colin take a while to develop. He basically never operated a pro style offense, it was always an offense geared to his phenomenal running abilities. So, I'm not surprised he was taking so long to develop. He did get us to the Superbowl with that offense. Keep that in mind. But run first offenses, like the Harbaugh offense, don't take a good enough advantage of all the passing rules the way the WCO does, that was always my pet peeve with that offense. The other disadvantage is that it puts your QB in too much danger, in my opinion.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by thl408:
I think it was a way to reduce turnovers. While I think saying Jim was conservative and so he removed things like route adjustments is fair, to say he didn't know what he was doing sounds like much butthurtedness on Jacobs' part.

Can't be, NC supports Jacobs and he has never been wrong. Top 5 GM

I think a fair assessment of Harbs is:
Offense B-
Defense A-
Intangibles A+
Working with management D

Top 5 D every year here...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"He is a b***h, and that's why he's never won anything," Jacobs said. "It is what it is. I've got two rings. Harbaugh, though, he's a b***h. So it doesn't matter."

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

"he's never won anything" ... AFFIRMATIVE!!!

Brandon Jacobs is having some sort of nervous breakdown and apparently he blames Harbaugh for it.
The shembechler offense is more of a run offense, and I can see it matching well with the vertical offense of infante's offense. So this offense works in the NFL, however it bogs down in cold weather. Unlike the WCO which is an all weather offense. It relies on the power run to play off the vertical nature of the pass play. I think it was more Baalke than Harbaugh that made the offense so inefficient- that offense needs speed and Baalke never got the burner that Harbaugh's offense needed.

The design of hierarchy really hurt Harbaugh because I don't think Baalke understood how important those kinds of wr's are in the Infante offense. Harbaugh did and I think that was one of his frustrations was that he couldn't get the players he wanted. Hence he never signed the extensions because he never would have gotten the control he needed. If he got more control, I think you would see a much different offense than what you saw after we appeared in the Superbowl. Having said that, we will never know now. The important thing now is that Kyle has the power that Harbaugh never did.

Yeah, not sure why this thread always goes off to Baalkeland and countless other directions in deflection but this is a nice post. We devoted 4 years to b***hing in the Roman thread about poor passing concepts, the lack of focus on game planning, poor in game management, poor situational awareness, poor clock management, etc. all costing us big in big games. Roman is out of the league. Jim would never part with him. Fangio and Rathman were the real coaches on this team posting top 5 defenses every year no matter how many injuries and Gore/Miller (and Kaeps legs) gave us a shot. Ultimately though, like the final fade route to Crabtree, the route itself, the play call and the final sequence of plays symbolized what so many fans in here noted all along --- C grade at best for the passing game. That quickly turned to an D with Kaepernick's regression.

BJ is a bitter asshat who we couldn't stand on our own team but he's in a long line of players who hated Jim and he's on point about our passing offense. It blew when we needed it most and was archaic and dumbed down. Defensive players called out our simplified passing game in the media. Kaepernick's smoke and mirrors failed. The passing game dissolved, not evolved. There was plenty of talent during that 3 year run so the Baalkeb***h is moot.

As to the Bo vs. the WCO, sure, while night and day different in philosophy (pass to set up the run vs. run to set up the play action), both can be successful. But in the NFL, you better know how to pass and game plan and make in game adjustments. Those X's and O's are often times the final difference...

Kyle = film work on opponent, builds initial game plan for our personnel to attack specific weaknesses, revises game plan, revises again, details, repetition via practice, execution-centric, in-game adjustments, situational awareness, QB-centric offense again, tried and true passing concepts, etc.

It's great to have a true WCO and passing game back home! It's even more exciting to have the best X's and O's HC on our sidelines again.

Now hopefully we can add more and more talent to make Kyle's job easier.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 29, 2017 at 8:43 AM ]
Originally posted by LVJay:
"He is a b***h, and that's why he's never won anything," Jacobs said. "It is what it is. I've got two rings. Harbaugh, though, he's a b***h. So it doesn't matter."

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

Yea I am sure Harbaugh is running scared! lol

Yeah, not sure why this thread always goes off to Baalkeland and countless other directions in deflection but this is a nice post. We devoted 4 years to b***hing in the Roman thread about poor passing concepts, the lack of focus on game planning, poor in game management, poor situational awareness, poor clock management, etc. all costing us big in big games. Roman is out of the league. Jim would never part with him. Fangio and Rathman were the real coaches on this team posting top 5 defenses every year no matter how many injuries and Gore/Miller (and Kaeps legs) gave us a shot. Ultimately though, like the final fade route to Crabtree, the route itself, the play call and the final sequence of plays symbolized what so many fans in here noted all along --- C grade at best for the passing game. That quickly turned to an D with Kaepernick's regression. BJ is a bitter asshat who we couldn't stand on our own team but he's in a long line of players who hated Jim and he's on point about our passing offense. It blew when we needed it most and was archaic and dumbed down. Defensive players called out our simplified passing game in the media. Kaepernick's smoke and mirrors failed. The passing game dissolved, not evolved. There was plenty of talent during that 3 year run so the Baalkeb***h is moot.

As to the Bo vs. the WCO, sure, while night and day different in philosophy (pass to set up the run vs. run to set up the play action), both can be successful. But in the NFL, you better know how to pass and game plan and make in game adjustments. Those X's and O's are often times the final difference...

Kyle = film work on opponent, builds initial game plan for our personnel to attack specific weaknesses, revises game plan, revises again, details, repetition via practice, execution-centric, in-game adjustments, situational awareness, QB-centric offense again, tried and true passing concepts, etc.

It's great to have a true WCO and passing game back home!

Now hopefully we can add more and more talent to make Kyle's job easier.
NC
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

Funny how Jim can act like Prison in here, basically calling the men "retarded" who hired him and gave him his NFL career start but Jacobs is a bitter dbag for calling Jim's X's and O's clueless.

Ironically I think both petulant children are correct and both are a*****es. LOL

Harbots though...

• LVJay
  • Veteran

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

Scared of what? I doubt Jim is scared of anything.

I do have a feeling though that Jim is aware that he hasn't won the big one since..................never.

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

I do have a feeling though that Jim is aware that he hasn't won the big one since..................never.

It's called sarcasm!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It's called sarcasm!

• titan
  • Veteran

Harbaugh isn't a "b***h"

Jacobs is salty.

Jacobs has mental issues!!! Seems like he focused his anger on Harbaugh. WEIRD!!!
Come on Jacobs give us the dirt. You can't say you'll expose him to the point UM will fire him and then back off.
Share 49ersWebzone