LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Brandon Jacobs, the retired running back who spent time playing for Harbaugh's 49ers in 2012, left San Francisco not thinking highly of Harbaugh.

"Jim, I had a lot of respect for Jim when I was there – before I got to know him," Jacobs said on CBS Sports Radio. "I enjoyed my time there, but we didn't see eye-to-eye. I knew a little bit more about football than what they led on."

Jacobs said Harbaugh didn't have much of a grasp of the Xs and Os of coaching and that the assistants deserved more of the credit.

"Going somewhere where they don't have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd," Jacobs said. "They're just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that's why they won. Let's be real. They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into Cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

LOL...no kidding. When you think Colin Kaepernick is your franchise QB and rely on Greg Roman, you're f**ked.

In equally matched games, X's & O's are the difference. I guess that explains why he can never win a big game.

At least he picked a winner in Fangio. The real HC of the team.

#InB4TeflonJimExcuses
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Going to a Super Bowl and multiple NFCC games with Kap, Alex Smith, Jed, Paraag and Baalke leading the charge was amazing.
Lol this^ .. just look at the next two stooge coachs records.
I think what's more alarming is after seeing how Harbaugh operate, his stubbornness may affect how he called the plays.

No one disputing Harbaugh's X&O is limited, like compared to Kyle Shanahan's. Maybe to Harbaugh, the thinking is, I know just enough to attack the defense. My guys will out muscle your guys the rest of the time.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 26, 2017 at 9:33 AM ]
3 conference finals in 4 years don't lie. That's all that needs to be said to rebuke Jacobs. And Fangio hasn't done sh anywhere but here. He sucked in You, only average in Chc. I don't think JH is a x and o's guys but he plays winning football something that can only be said about 4 out of York's what 14 years running the joint.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 26, 2017 at 9:56 AM ]
One thing is for sure. Baalke and his bigger is better went online with how Harbaugh likes his team to play.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Did Jacobs also blame Jim for his fat ass only gaining 7 yards on 5 carries?

Brandon Jacobs, the retired running back who spent time playing for Harbaugh's 49ers in 2012, left San Francisco not thinking highly of Harbaugh.

"Jim, I had a lot of respect for Jim when I was there – before I got to know him," Jacobs said on CBS Sports Radio. "I enjoyed my time there, but we didn't see eye-to-eye. I knew a little bit more about football than what they led on."

Jacobs said Harbaugh didn't have much of a grasp of the Xs and Os of coaching and that the assistants deserved more of the credit.

"Going somewhere where they don't have route conversions into certain coverages was just absurd," Jacobs said. "They're just running routes in the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had, and that's why they won. Let's be real. They had great assistant coaches, but Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim is throwing slants into Cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

LOL...no kidding. When you think Colin Kaepernick is your franchise QB and rely on Greg Roman, you're f**ked.

In equally matched games, X's & O's are the difference. I guess that explains why he can never win a big game.

I guess he must be great at picking assistants everywhere he goes to mask his glaring deficiencies
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I guess he must be great at picking assistants everywhere he goes to mask his glaring deficiencies

Was just gonna post this. Jacobs is one bitter fool, I don't buy his s**t talking at all, Harbaugh has a track record of being successful. Not to mention Michigan is a top contender again.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Was just gonna post this. Jacobs is one bitter fool, I don't buy his s**t talking at all, Harbaugh has a track record of being successful. Not to mention Michigan is a top contender again.

I'm sure NC is working on a tiny spreed sheet that will prove Jacobs is right.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by corona55569:
Read the article this morning about Harbaugh and the playoff game in GB 3 years ago. Man it still hurts that he is no longer our coach. The khakis is a rockstar !

I know how you feel. The ShanaLynch hire went a long way to heal me. I'm excited about the preseason, first time in 2 years.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I'm sure NC is working on a tiny spreed sheet that will prove Jacobs is right.

Jacobs is wrong, Harbaugh knows his X's and O's. The last two years were on Baalke, I mean the A. J. Jenkins pick was atrocious - and I lay that particular pick on Baalke. On paper, he's the dude that had final say on draft day. I'm glad Kyle seems to have more say in player personnel than what Harbaugh had, and I think that will be a big difference in turning this franchise around.
"You know what? I have a lot of respect for Jim when I was there, before I got to know him. I enjoyed my time there, but we didn't see eye-to-eye. I knew a little bit more about football than they let on to," Jacobs said. "To be honest, that's how I was taught. To go somewhere where they didn't have route conversions was just absurd. They're just running routes against the defense, getting people killed. Size and strength is what they had and it's why they won.

"They had great assistant coaches. But Jim didn't know what he was doing. Jim had no idea. Jim's throwing slants into cover-2 safeties, getting people hurt. That guy knew nothing, man."

read the rest@
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brandon-jacobs-rips-jim-harbaugh-he-didnt-know-he-was-doing-with-the-49ers/
Hard to swallow that pill from an under achieving and overweight RB.

Jim Harbaugh was a starting NFL QB who threw for over 25,000 yds in this league as a player. What has Jacobs ever done to show he knows what he is talking about?

Not to mention going from SD to Stanford to 49ers to Michigan... All have become instantly successful. Is he just the luckiest guy in the world? I dont think so...

Dude is just butt hurt because I dont think he has played since he was here. He probably blames Harbaugh for ruining his superlative career.
Share 49ersWebzone