There are 237 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
That's a valid point. It's also valid that the statement never held weight since we never won a championship with harbs. Therefore somebody always had it better than us.

So one or two teams ended being better than us. Even the mighty Bill Belechick has only won 1 Super Bowl in the last 12 years. If you're a contender every year chances are you'll break thru. Not going to happen when you're dog sh** though and that was the next slogan we chose. It's not the 80's anymore there are no dynasties with a salary cap. And what has Chip Kelly won? Guy hasn't even won a playoff game. If we could somehow join the MAC sign me up but his insane offensive philosophy doesn't work in January.

Also the phrase was made by Jack because they were living in a 1BR house but as long as they had each other, nobody had it better.

The whole point was to emphasize team and unity and even if you win or lose or when times get tough, "nobody had it better."

It had nothing to do with actually winning games.

shhhhhhhhhh they already know too much
That's a valid point. It's also valid that the statement never held weight since we never won a championship with harbs. Therefore somebody always had it better than us.

So one or two teams ended being better than us. Even the mighty Bill Belechick has only won 1 Super Bowl in the last 12 years. If you're a contender every year chances are you'll break thru. Not going to happen when you're dog sh** though and that was the next slogan we chose. It's not the 80's anymore there are no dynasties with a salary cap. And what has Chip Kelly won? Guy hasn't even won a playoff game. If we could somehow join the MAC sign me up but his insane offensive philosophy doesn't work in January.

Also the phrase was made by Jack because they were living in a 1BR house but as long as they had each other, nobody had it better.

The whole point was to emphasize team and unity and even if you win or lose or when times get tough, "nobody had it better."

Why did they only do the chant in the locker room after wins, then?
NOOOOOOOOOOBODYYYYYYYYYY

I think they chanted it other times as well and I understand why they wouldn't chant after a loss.
It is a great chant and things were pretty great for the 49ers when he was leading the team.
We lost the slogan when we hired Tomsula. Who's got it better than us? Looks around. Umm everyone. We may be better than Cleveland but their basketball team beat ours so even they can say suck on that.

You and I were never part of that "Us".
Ohio State still has it better than Michigan lulz. Hell last year Michigan State and Utah did too.
Originally posted by TheRambler:
Ohio State still has it better than Michigan lulz. Hell last year Michigan State and Utah did too.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
We lost the slogan when we hired Tomsula. Who's got it better than us? Looks around. Umm everyone. We may be better than Cleveland but their basketball team beat ours so even they can say suck on that.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and haven't missed a home game in 17 years. I was most certainly a part of that "us". All of the rest of the fans that sang and cheered during that era, too. People like you with that mentality crack me up. Without us there is no them. Without them there is no us. It's a symbiotic relationship.

I've been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and haven't missed a home game in 17 years. I was most certainly a part of that "us". All of the rest of the fans that sang and cheered during that era, too. People like you with that mentality crack me up. Without us there is no them. Without them there is no us. It's a symbiotic relationship.
lol, i can't stand people who think that way and never go to games

So that's why we can't do it anymore.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 26, 2016 at 8:39 PM ]

I am pretty sure the Us that they (the team) were chanting about was the team and they were the ones chanting so who they consider to be Us is what matters.
It is not my mentality, it is the players' mentality.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lol, i can't stand people who think that way and never go to games

People who think what way?
It's not a chant, it is just a stupid question that they answer themselves while in denial.

So that's why we can't do it anymore.

Have to win first
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Pretty close minded bro. It's about unity. Getting 60 some guys on the same page, working together for a common goal. Jim was great at that. Even if it was for a shorter time than we would have liked. Too bad the b***hy little kid owner got in the way. Oh well. Moving on he's my f**king coach now. Go Blue.

ps
Every great coach as had sayings to motivate players and promote working together like a family. That's what it's all about. It's more than just wins and loses it's about believing you are the best. Even when you're really not. Confidence goes a long way.

"People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society."
"Individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
-Vince Lombardi

Share 49ersWebzone