LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
i think he'd have to lose the next SB we're in before this conversation can start in earnest.
No way, he took a team that was in the dark ages for ten years and brought them to the NFL Championship game. This past year he took a second year QB that never started a game and just missed winning a Super Bowl. Along with Trent Baalke he has built a team that is capable of contending for years to come. If he had won the SB we would not be having this thread. How did the Ravens come up so big? So Ray could ride off into the sunset with his second ring? No way, my answer is that this Raven team knew it was going to be blown up and the players were playing for their professional lives. Witness how the team was dismantled so quickly. Harbaugh will get there again and again.
No way, he took a team that was in the dark ages for ten years and brought them to the NFL Championship game. This past year he took a second year QB that never started a game and just missed winning a Super Bowl. Along with Trent Baalke he has built a team that is capable of contending for years to come. If he had won the SB we would not be having this thread. How did the Ravens come up so big? So Ray could ride off into the sunset with his second ring? No way, my answer is that this Raven team knew it was going to be blown up and the players were playing for their professional lives. Witness how the team was dismantled so quickly. Harbaugh will get there again and again.
He did it the first year with Alex and Kyle is Williams fumble cut us short then this year with a ten game starter and a 109 yard KO return buried us in the super bowl. Players gotta make plays too.
San Diego, back away from the keyboard, turn on a light in your dark room, and give your negativity a rest for one day at least.
What coach can consistently win the big game now?

McCarthy? Tomlin? Bellicheck?

I think SD just wants Nolan or Singletary back. He is afraid of change lulz
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Mar 14, 2013 at 7:25 AM ]
Yup . . . he's a choker . . . we need David Shaw
This thread is ridiculous.

first season in the NFL as a HC he takes us to the championship game, 2nd season he takes us to the SB. nuff said.

I don't think it's fair to say he can't win the big one...he's done more in his first two years as head coach than anyone. He's the one who built Stanford up from a not very good team to one that competed for national championships. There were two meltdowns that prevented a SB appearance his first season and we all saw what happened against the Ravens. He believes in his players and they believe in him...that's all that really matters. The Niners are once again a powerhouse team...and will remain one under his leadership...with a legit chance to win SB's for the foreseeable future.
I hear ya. I was thinking the same the other day. In college, he won the orange bowl and that was it. Orange bowl in 2010 is not the BCS championship (kind of like an NFC championship game) meaning he did not win the biggest game in college. The BCS championship is the biggest game. I am hoping that we have a Bill Walsh in him and not the Marty or the Marv Levy...
Originally posted by carioca49er:

first season in the NFL as a HC he takes us to the championship game, 2nd season he takes us to the SB. nuff said.

THIS
Since. Being in SF every playoff win is a Big Game NFC Championship Huge Game. I think his pro coaching record speaks for its self
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
if roman had the guts JH may have won a super bowl . of course that is based upon the fact the niners d would have been able to stop the ravens even if we would have scored. of course when you have first and goal at the 7 and your offensive coordinator chooses to play not to win,,,, ahh never god damn mind.
Share 49ersWebzone