LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's beyond amazing that the reporter would single out JH … when other older and more veteran coaches have their fat a$$es on the field ALL THE FREAKIN TIME … but maybe this spawn of the devil reporter has some inside true information; No, mostly he need a "hook" to turn this non-story into something worth reading … like tryin to turn sh!!t into sugar. It ain't working!!
a lot
Or maybe it actually IS referred to as the "Jim Harbaugh" rule .....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140759/article/nfl-executive-promises-challenge-rule-will-be-changed

Other changes to be considered by the competition committee, according to CBSSports.com's Clark Judge, include a so-called "Jim Harbaugh rule," which would prevent coaches from wandering onto the field. The committee also is looking into instituting a more proactive supervision of playing surfaces in an effort to curb poor field conditions similar to ones seen at the Washington Redskins' much-derided FedEx field.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
My prediction is zero. If it's a rule, Harbaugh will abide by it. I can't imagine Harbaugh allowing himself to cost the team a penalty with his own actions. I know a lot of you think he's out of control, but I don't really share that view. I just think he's emotional and approaches the game like a player. But, I think he's going to be calming down a little and I think that if it's a standard rule, he won't break it.

I agree with this 100%.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Or maybe it actually IS referred to as the "Jim Harbaugh" rule .....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140759/article/nfl-executive-promises-challenge-rule-will-be-changed

Other changes to be considered by the competition committee, according to CBSSports.com's Clark Judge, include a so-called "Jim Harbaugh rule," which would prevent coaches from wandering onto the field. The committee also is looking into instituting a more proactive supervision of playing surfaces in an effort to curb poor field conditions similar to ones seen at the Washington Redskins' much-derided FedEx field.

WTF?
Now I know it will not be enforced objectively.
Harbaugh will not do anything to hurt his player's. If he will be penalized he will adjust.
I strongly believe now the NFL will do everything in its power now to keep screwing us out of winning a SB (and/or getting to one), and this isn't sour grapes, it is what it is, Goodell and his house boys are making it clear the the 49ers = the new Raiders under Harbaugh.
Goodell + the refs despise Harbaugh and it's as simple as that. He needs to try kissing a little ass instead of being a dick to them.
So would Pete Carroll have been flagged in that GB replacement refgate game?
Originally posted by BayArea:
Goodell + the refs despise Harbaugh and it's as simple as that. He needs to try kissing a little ass instead of being a dick to them.

Strongly disagree. Lets leave the ref ass kissing to Pete Carrol. I want our coach to be himself at all times. Stay true to yourself. I know Jack Harbaugh agrees and so do the players! He's one of a kind and I would be a fan of his even if he was coaching another team. His press conferences alone make me a fan. Alot of Harbaugh's sideline antics are calculated as well. Make no mistake about it. Even when he's looks like he's losing control he's not. Ever wonder how he ALWAYS keeps his emotions in check with the players and his staff? If he was that emotional it would carry over into other parts of the game but it doesn't. He's always going to try and get that extra inch or take that chance if he thinks there's the slightest chance it could provide an advantage. Thats why he's a great coach. He's a winner and straight Aces in my book!

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Another rule to be subjectively enforced by the NFL. If coaches are not allowed on the field or out of the box then flag them every time they violate that rule in any manner.
The idea that there should be some leeway at some times and warnings at times and flags at others is a f**king joke and all too typical of today's NFL. Rules should be black and white without shades of gray whenever possible.

Agreed! That said, honestly, sometimes a coach has to literally chase down these refs for TO's, red flags, etc. So will these refs be reprimanded for "ignoring" coaches as well during crucial times of the game? You see in every game HC's literally, having to run out to the field and literally, assaulting them just to get their attention. These refs have been habituated so much, its no wonder coaches have to do this. There needs to be a better system for both parties. Refs are concentrating on the game and HC's are trying to play within them.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I strongly believe now the NFL will do everything in its power now to keep screwing us out of winning a SB (and/or getting to one), and this isn't sour grapes, it is what it is, Goodell and his house boys are making it clear the the 49ers = the new Raiders under Harbaugh.

I understand that harbuagh is very competitive, but he does get a little carried away with his sideline antics. Screaming at the refs and falling to ground will not make the refs pick up the flags.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
Maybe of the refs would get it right he wouldn't have to come on the field. I see him not trying to get penalized but I can see him following a ref down the sideline to yell and get flagged for it
lets be real here, he looks like a baby when he does it. if he coached the bills or browns we would be laughing at him. great coach, but he needs to tone it down, coach with some professionalism. is this how he acts when he goes to have a bowl of cereal in the morning and opens the fridge and there is no milk? my point is at some point whats happened has happened (no milk in the fridge or no flag when you think there should be one) and you have to let it go. i'm not saying be emotionless on the sideline in those circumstances, but he can certainly find a happy middle ground.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Feb 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone