LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
A lot of people hate on Cowherd, but he was asking genuine questions and totally engaged. Nothing f**ked up, was not f**king with Harbs, just asking questions that lead to Jim talking. Jim chose to give short answers and made it awkward. Horse s**t job by Jim.

"Is there any moment in the day where I'm cupcake?"

Originally posted by HarboutTHAT:
Reno, so insightful? none of our beat writers would be dumb enough to ask Harbaugh when he is a cupcake?? Pretty sure when u start an interview like that Harbaugh is going to write u off as a dumb F*ck... Sell recruits on my pos show? Well he has a top 10 2016 recruiting class, he doesn't give an F about your life... I go to Colin's alma matter... He is a known dbag, Ewu students don't like him, don't claim him... We do claim QB V. Adams... And Bo Levi with the Grey Cup

I think you might be a known dbag.
... Whoa wrote a text message in a forum.... Skip

Apparently you are also a known genius.
Originally posted by reno9er:
Reno, so insightful? none of our beat writers would be dumb enough to ask Harbaugh when he is a cupcake?? Pretty sure when u start an interview like that Harbaugh is going to write u off as a dumb F*ck... Sell recruits on my pos show? Well he has a top 10 2016 recruiting class, he doesn't give an F about your life... I go to Colin's alma matter... He is a known dbag, Ewu students don't like him, don't claim him... We do claim QB V. Adams... And Bo Levi with the Grey Cup

Yea no way I can keep up with witty original comebacks like that...

Yea no way I can keep up with witty original comebacks like that...

I don't think there is much you can keep up with. But you keep trying there Skippy...maybe someday.

He was trying to talk to him. This was an attempt .to get the real Jim out..not the football Jim ...but Jim wouldn't open up.

Jim is such an idiot that he doesn't even know his program or talk about it.

Colin even explained at the end why he even asked those questions
What is JH doing? He is so silly, i'm kinda glad he''s gone but not gonna say Tomsula was even on my want list. Dang Harbaugh sounded like a tool that whole interview.

Cowherd is from Eastern Washington? Wow I didn't know that, as a Montana Grizzly I now have another reason to hate him.
[ Edited by JustinMT on Jul 1, 2015 at 9:17 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for HarboutTHAT.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
Cowherd is from Eastern Washington? Wow I didn't know that, as a Montana Grizzly I now have another reason to hate him.

Yea he is our embarrassment... He was awesome in his Sports Nation days, over time he has turned into Jim Rome to me... Thats awesome ur a grizz fan... Great rivalry...
Originally posted by JustinMT:

Yea he is our embarrassment... He was awesome in his Sports Nation days, over time he has turned into Jim Rome to me... Thats awesome ur a grizz fan... Great rivalry...

Yeah I agree, I liked him in his Sportsnation days as well but then he just became a mega prick. Definitely a great rivalry! I've come to love that rivalry more than the UM/MSU rivalry. You guys have put together some great teams lately and it was great seeing Harvey get drafted last week by Orlando.

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Colin actually thinks Jim needs his show to recruit?

Lol he is funny or full of him self

I don't think he ever said that Harbaugh needs his SHOW, its just that other coaches like Urban Meyer whom Harbaugh IS competing with for recruits have managed to appear on the show and give a good interview without coming off like an a*****e or a space cadet.

Exposure and marketing your program are part of the package when coaching at a traditional college football powerhouse. Not sure why guys like Saban, Meyer and many others seem to handle media probing and adversity just fine and Harbaugh acts like he's an 8 year old who just had his lunch money stolen.

As Fropwns said, this isn't the 1950's anymore, if you want to coach, part of the gig is handling the media and being able to positively represent your program across all mediums. Its not like Cowherd was tearing into him or asking him especially difficult or loaded questions, he spent half the interview tossing softballs at him.

Question: What was the most pleasant development you had this spring?

Harbaugh: "Several things. Not a biggest or most impressive."

Question: What were those (things)?

Harbaugh: "There's, uh, things."

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jul 1, 2015 at 11:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't think he ever said that Harbaugh needs his SHOW, its just that other coaches like Urban Meyer whom Harbaugh IS competing with for recruits have managed to appear on the show and give a good interview without coming off like an a*****e or a space cadet.
Pointless statement! In your opinion Harbaugh came off like an A$$... Many people believe he answered the questions fine and Colin was the d*ck.

Next, this interview has such little importance when it comes to actual recruiting I'm surprised you mention it as the facts detract from your point.

Maybe you should check out all the recruits Harbaugh has brought in through his camps this summer. Or how those recruits are amazed by Jim Harbaughs passion... Or maybe how he is winning over parents, recruits, and high school coaches with lightning speed...

Link

Or how unsuccessful he has been at getting recruits to commit.

Link
Exposure and marketing your program are part of the package when coaching at a traditional college football powerhouse. Not sure why guys like Saban, Meyer and many others seem to handle media probing and adversity just fine and Harbaugh acts like he's an 8 year old.

Yup, and Harbaugh's exposure and marketing this season have been outstanding, no... Elite... The biggest story of the offseason should be OSU's QB competition. Doesn't even register on the Rickter Scale that is Harbaugh...

Link

8 year old . 8 year olds blabber and blabber, I will take a coach that acts like a man, a coach who keeps his thoughts close to his vest. Not a little B who sings to the media's delight. I am a Bill Belichick guy, you are a Pete Carrol guy.

As Fropwns said, this isn't the 1950's anymore, if you want to coach, part of the gig is handling the media and being able to positively represent your program across all mediums.

Yup, and that's why Harbaugh does interviews. Too bad this statement is way out of context. You act like media relations is a necessity and a vital part of success. I call BS, winning is all that matters. If media relations were so important UM would have never hired Harbaugh. But they were all in because they want to win. If Harbaugh won the SB, he would be locked in SF. Harbaugh is the giant killer of college football and Urban Meyer is next... He is not set to over take OSU this year, but he will... Prob sooner then later...
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jul 2, 2015 at 1:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Exposure and marketing your program are part of the package when coaching at a traditional college football powerhouse. Not sure why guys like Saban, Meyer and many others seem to handle media probing and adversity just fine and Harbaugh acts like he's an 8 year old who just had his lunch money stolen.

As Fropwns said, this isn't the 1950's anymore, if you want to coach, part of the gig is handling the media and being able to positively represent your program across all mediums. Its not like Cowherd was tearing into him or asking him especially difficult or loaded questions, he spent half the interview tossing softballs at him.

Question: What was the most pleasant development you had this spring?

Harbaugh: "Several things. Not a biggest or most impressive."

Question: What were those (things)?

Harbaugh: "There's, uh, things."

Let me know when a recruit dismisses UM Bc of the interview.

I'll be waiting
Originally posted by BodhiPaddlesOut:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
A lot of people hate on Cowherd, but he was asking genuine questions and totally engaged. Nothing f**ked up, was not f**king with Harbs, just asking questions that lead to Jim talking. Jim chose to give short answers and made it awkward. Horse s**t job by Jim.

"Is there any moment in the day where I'm cupcake?"

lol. Ya, exactly. Harbs is known for being hardcore all the time. He asked him is there ever a time when Harbs is a push over. You know, like a regular human.

Big deal.
8 year old . 8 year olds blabber and blabber, I will take a coach that acts like a man, a coach who keeps his thoughts close to his vest. Not a little B who sings to the media's delight. I am a Bill Belichick guy, you are a Pete Carrol guy.

Yup, and that's why Harbaugh does interviews. Too bad this statement is way out of context. You act like media relations is a necessity and a vital part of success. I call BS, winning is all that matters. If media relations were so important UM would have never hired Harbaugh. But they were all in because they want to win. If Harbaugh won the SB, he would be locked in SF. Harbaugh is the giant killer of college football and Urban Meyer is next... He is not set to over take OSU this year, but he will... Prob sooner then later...

Yeah he was certainly acting like a man on the sidelines whenever things didn't go his way...

I think the main point is that why even go to the interview if he is gonna act like someone on the stand trying not to incriminate himself with every word. Also Belicheck often gives good interviews when its not directly about opponents and does let the media into his world. Not really sure why so many want to equate harbs to Belicheck so much because they arent all that much alike.

Harbs is a good coach and is perfect for college ball, its where he belongs.
Share 49ersWebzone