LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Really, Boone? Over the mountian huh? I don't see a ring on your f**king finger.

True
Get what boone is saying but considering you sucked before harbs got there you needed to be pushed. And you never arrived. Even after a team wins the SB, most players say its that much harder to repeat... So coach pushing your comfort level is a good thing imo.
Really, Boone? Over the mountian huh? I don't see a ring on your f**king finger.

That's the part that cracks me up
Boone speaks the truth, this aint college and they are grown men. Superbowl win or not they returned to winning ways. Once players are doing all the right things, you can't keep grinding on them to "do the right thing" especially when he didn't hold his coaching staff to the same standard.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Boone speaks the truth, this aint college and they are grown men. Superbowl win or not they returned to winning ways. Once players are doing all the right things, you can't keep grinding on them to "do the right thing" especially when he didn't hold his coaching staff to the same standard.

Players hated Walsh for being super critical

You think bellicheck isn't an ass to play for?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

No I think when its obvious you don't have the answers but keep pushing your players they can smell the hypocrisy and it gets old. Its a give and take, Bellicheat has learned that give and take so did walsh, if you never take the foot off the gas pedal sooner or later the engine is gonna give out.

In the beginning it was absolutely necessary to push push push, but at some point he had to adjust… something that was never his forte.

Walsh and Belichick have rings, Harbaugh doesnt. Pete Carroll isnt like Harbaugh and hes been extremely successfull in Seattle. I get what Boone is saying. Harbaugh wears out his welcome everywhere he goes, that is a fact.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Walsh and Belichick have rings, Harbaugh doesnt. Pete Carroll isnt like Harbaugh and hes been extremely successfull in Seattle. I get what Boone is saying. Harbaugh wears out his welcome everywhere he goes, that is a fact.
You are picking and choosing your coaches??? There's plenty of hippy dippy coaches like Pete that don't have rings or aren't successful. Maybe Walsh and Belicheck are better at being balanced but perception says they are hard guys to play for.

Boone is changing his tune because he wants a contract again. He knows there was an upper management struggle and Harbs lost. I just think he is changing gears to show Trent he is on his side.
Boone, who played at Ohio State, had been a visible ally with Harbaugh since the coach's Niners tenure began in 2011. Once reports surfaced at the start of last season that Harbaugh was on the outs, Boone insisted otherwise, saying Sept. 29 on his weekly radio show: "I know for a fact everybody loves Harbaugh."

Stanford wanted him gone? I mean you seem to have all these facts and all.

He was talking about his alcoholism. Apparently the pinnacle of Boone's career is square one.

Walsh would have been fired in 1980 if the Yorks and the zone had their way after going 8-24 in his first two seasons.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Walsh would have been fired in 1980 if the Yorks and the zone had their way after going 8-24 in his first two seasons.
luckily walsh actually knew how to coach offense

They got tired of of his antics/personality within the University, it's been reported a zillion times, lol. I have a relative who works for Stanford as well who told me the same thing.

Boone is an idiot for contradicting what he said earlier but his latest statements are what people have been saying for years already.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

They got tired of of his antics/personality within the University, it's been reported a zillion times, lol. I have a relative who works for Stanford as well who told me the same thing.

Boone is an idiot for contradicting what he said earlier but his latest statements are what people have been saying for years already.

did Western Kentucky want him gone? did the Raiders also want him gone? How about the University of San Diego? lolz

seems like he just moved up the coaching ranks just like any other good coach as done

#GetOverIt
#He'sMyCoachNow
#GoBlue
Share 49ersWebzone