There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kings to relocate to Anaheim?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
if the kings move i will be pissed, hopefully the Hornets will come to San Jose

i think that infringes on the Warriors territory. plus theres a pretty long list of cities with NBA caliber arenas that want a team before SJ.

I know Anaheim, Kansas City, St. Louis, Las Vegas, and i believe Tampa have arenas. Seattle deserves a team, but they cant get a stadium built.

the Kings are the local team around here where i live, so itd suck to lose our only pro sports team. im not a Kings fan, so in the end it doesnt bother me that much, but if they have to move id like to see Seattle get their team back, or maybe STL. i would say KC, but the fans out there are such hardcore Jayhawks fans, i cant see them paying much attention to a crappy NBA franchise.
Originally posted by Niners99:

i think that infringes on the Warriors territory. plus theres a pretty long list of cities with NBA caliber arenas that want a team before SJ.

I know Anaheim, Kansas City, St. Louis, Las Vegas, and i believe Tampa have arenas. Seattle deserves a team, but they cant get a stadium built.

the Kings are the local team around here where i live, so itd suck to lose our only pro sports team. im not a Kings fan, so in the end it doesnt bother me that much, but if they have to move id like to see Seattle get their team back, or maybe STL. i would say KC, but the fans out there are such hardcore Jayhawks fans, i cant see them paying much attention to a crappy NBA franchise.

Sac needs the Kings dude. They are the 5th largest employer in Sac and they employ like 1200 people, plus some bars/restaurants are dependant on game nights for extra business. Sac is going to need an entertainment venue anyway so it makes more sense to build an arena while you have a tenant in place.

Anyone who wants to help out, follow @SaveOurKings and @HereWeStay on twitter
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Sac needs the Kings dude. They are the 5th largest employer in Sac and they employ like 1200 people, plus some bars/restaurants are dependant on game nights for extra business. Sac is going to need an entertainment venue anyway so it makes more sense to build an arena while you have a tenant in place.

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Kings fans, because when the team was good back in the early part of the decade, everyone was into it. Kings crap everywhere, people all acting like huge fans. Then they started to suck, and after a few years now of being bad, its a ghost town here. no Kings crap anywhere. bunch of fairweather deserters.

I live right in the heart of the Kings fanbase, and i rarely see Kings anything anymore. shirts, hats, jerseys, bumper stickers, anything. nobody cares anymore because they lose, so in a way i think this area deserves to lose them. its hard to be into a perennial loser, but this is all we got up here, and very few are staying diehard through the tough times.

again, itd suck for this area to lose its only team, but i just dont see the passion.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I have a real hard time feeling sorry for Kings fans, because when the team was good back in the early part of the decade, everyone was into it. Kings crap everywhere, people all acting like huge fans. Then they started to suck, and after a few years now of being bad, its a ghost town here. no Kings crap anywhere. bunch of fairweather deserters.

I live right in the heart of the Kings fanbase, and i rarely see Kings anything anymore. shirts, hats, jerseys, bumper stickers, anything. nobody cares anymore because they lose, so in a way i think this area deserves to lose them. its hard to be into a perennial loser, but this is all we got up here, and very few are staying diehard through the tough times.

again, itd suck for this area to lose its only team, but i just dont see the passion.

I've noticed that to. I lived in Sacramento until i turned 18(2000) and there used to be Kings fan everywhere, even when we weren't very good for the 80's and most of the 90's. People still loved the Kings. Then we had a really good years and even more Kings fans came around. I loved that we were good but I hated being overseas for our best years.

Now that we are bad again, we have barely any fan base anymore. It's depressing. I understand losing the fair weather fans but what happened to the ones that were loyal during most of our crappy years in the 80's and 90's? I've been a Kings fan since the Walt Williams days (1992) and even then you could rely on there being a vocal Kings fan base. Now we just suck. Maybe it's just the new aged NBA fans and they jumped ship to the Lakers. I honestly don't really feel to bad for Sacramento anymore. We've abandoned this team and sometimes I feel we don't really deserve a team.
I see both sides.

Fans definitely got spoiled by our success. Before that, it was a "lovable losers" type of thing. We weren't good, but they were OUR team, and we had some fun, hardworking players on those teams -- Mitch, Wayman Tisdale, Spud Webb. Hell, we made the playoffs with Tyus Edney at point guard. We lost a lot, but it was still entertaining.

Then we started winning and people who didn't even like basketball started watching because those teams were so exciting. But after that run, the product has been spotty. We went through Bibby and Brad Miller basically mailing it in, then some horrendous teams. Last year, Tyreke revived the team, some excitement was coming back. But the team that started this season was giving unacceptable effort. As a true fan, I don't miss a game regardless, whether on TV or otherwise. But I can't fault people who don't want to go to the arena to support a team with little talent giving little effort.

I also can't fault the Maloofs for looking elsewhere. Anaheim still makes no sense to me, but for whatever reason, people in Sac just aren't open to building an arena. The Maloofs have spent millions trying to figure out a solution. We need a new entertainment center -- the city needs it, for basketball and hundreds of other events. So why not get it done now when we can save our basketball team?

My only hope is they give it one more year. Obviously, we can't reach an arena deal before they meet with the NBA board in April. So all I can hope is that all of the support and fans coming together will convince the Maloofs to try one more time. The support has been tremendous this past week -- people are coming together. Maybe it's worthless, but the fans won't go down without a fight.

I think Monday has a chance to be pretty awesome.
The Maloofs are what happened to the old Die Hard fans. Sky high ticket prices, s**tty team, the threat of moving. Fans will leave. The moving thing has been looming in the distance for a long time. It's hard to be a Die Hard in these situations. I still dvr and watch every game. Haven't gone to a game in a couple years though.
If they're gonna move (which IMO they shouldn't) they better not take the Kings name with them otherwise they'd have to be called The Los Angeles basketball Kings of Anaheimn
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
If they're gonna move (which IMO they shouldn't) they better not take the Kings name with them otherwise they'd have to be called The Los Angeles basketball Kings of Anaheimn

yeah because L.A. has an NHL team called the Kings, they gotta change the name
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I see both sides.

Fans definitely got spoiled by our success. Before that, it was a "lovable losers" type of thing. We weren't good, but they were OUR team, and we had some fun, hardworking players on those teams -- Mitch, Wayman Tisdale, Spud Webb. Hell, we made the playoffs with Tyus Edney at point guard. We lost a lot, but it was still entertaining.

Then we started winning and people who didn't even like basketball started watching because those teams were so exciting. But after that run, the product has been spotty. We went through Bibby and Brad Miller basically mailing it in, then some horrendous teams. Last year, Tyreke revived the team, some excitement was coming back. But the team that started this season was giving unacceptable effort. As a true fan, I don't miss a game regardless, whether on TV or otherwise. But I can't fault people who don't want to go to the arena to support a team with little talent giving little effort.

I also can't fault the Maloofs for looking elsewhere. Anaheim still makes no sense to me, but for whatever reason, people in Sac just aren't open to building an arena. The Maloofs have spent millions trying to figure out a solution. We need a new entertainment center -- the city needs it, for basketball and hundreds of other events. So why not get it done now when we can save our basketball team?

My only hope is they give it one more year. Obviously, we can't reach an arena deal before they meet with the NBA board in April. So all I can hope is that all of the support and fans coming together will convince the Maloofs to try one more time. The support has been tremendous this past week -- people are coming together. Maybe it's worthless, but the fans won't go down without a fight.

i rocked my warriors jersey to sac state all the time and no one told me anything. no friendly jabbing or s**t talking like i get in stockton when i run into a raider fan. kings fans are kinda soft, i dont see much loyalty from their fans either. im planning a trip with my friends to go see the warriors and kings play and all the die hard kings fans from a few years back are nowhere to be found. a couple years back they woulda been juiced to go see their kings take apart the warriors.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
I see both sides.

i rocked my warriors jersey to sac state all the time and no one told me anything. no friendly jabbing or s**t talking like i get in stockton when i run into a raider fan. kings fans are kinda soft, i dont see much loyalty from their fans either. im planning a trip with my friends to go see the warriors and kings play and all the die hard kings fans from a few years back are nowhere to be found. a couple years back they woulda been juiced to go see their kings take apart the warriors.

No offense, but nobody really cares about the Warriors in Sac. By that I mean I don't really have any hatred for GSW. We have a rivalry when we play, that's true and it's fun. But it's hardly strong enough to elicit any reactions in public. Raiders/49ers is a totally different story.
I see both sides.

No offense, but nobody really cares about the Warriors in Sac. By that I mean I don't really have any hatred for GSW. We have a rivalry when we play, that's true and it's fun. But it's hardly strong enough to elicit any reactions in public. Raiders/49ers is a totally different story.

i dunno man, i usually get jabbed at by lakers fans all the time, with the kings its too quiet. two teams in norther cali should be a little more heated than that. any news on if theyre moving or not?
I see both sides.

i dunno man, i usually get jabbed at by lakers fans all the time, with the kings its too quiet. two teams in norther cali should be a little more heated than that. any news on if theyre moving or not?

the bay area LOVES the Warriors despite being the Pittsburgh Pirates of the NBA, but up here in the Sac area nobody gives a crap about them.

imo both the Northern CA basketball teams are weak. both are always bad, and both have announcers that are annoying. Tim Roye and Grant Napear are about as annoying as announcers get in any sport. calling players by their first names in play-by-play is horrible. both of them do it.
no chance this happens, Lakers hold a lot of weight in the NBA and will block this move. Kings may be in Sac one more year likely. Other options and better options are Seattle and kansas City.
The Maloofs are not going to go anywhere where they are to lease a building and not maximize their profits. They will go somewhere that can provide them a new building with part ownership that they won't need to pay for.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home