There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kings to relocate to Anaheim?

boooooooooooo
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I get they want a stadium, but Anaheim really? They will never penetrate the Laker fan base, it makes no sense. Seattle would make much more sense.
This is all because they didn't draft Sean Elliott.
Kings
For anyone interested in helping the Kings stay in Sac...

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/2/21/2005921/here-we-stay-sell-out-arco-on-feb-28-the-in-game-plan
As big as the market is, I'm not sure LA could support all 3 teams. LA is Lakertown. I can't see the Kings moving into town and eating into that fanbase. This is an attempt to get the city of Sacramento to flinch, IMO.
move them to seattle!
Originally posted by teeohh:
move them to seattle!

I read a recent comment by Stern that makes me believe Seattle will never get another basketball team until they construct a new, state-of-the-art arena.
They should stay or at most move to San Jose. I don't understand why any socal resident would NOT want to be a Lakers fan unless they're a masochist, where in that case the Clippers are already there. 3 basketball teams in that area seems like overkill, and as for Seattle, they can keep crying, because I don't want to see the same thing happen to Kings fans.
f**k em i hope they leave so my warriors can be on local tv in stockton
Originally posted by TX9R:
I get they want a stadium, but Anaheim really? They will never penetrate the Laker fan base, it makes no sense. Seattle would make much more sense.

seattle makes zero sense from the standpoint they dont have a good enough arena, vancouver is the place for the kings to move, we got the nba ready arena, our current owners of the canucks are presuing an nba team again, i'm still pissed stern made the grizz pick 6th in our inagural draft, the 5 players picked before we got big country reeves were joe smith, mcdyess, rasheed wallace, stackhouse and garnett, boy how things coulda been different.
Originally posted by crabman82:

seattle makes zero sense from the standpoint they dont have a good enough arena, vancouver is the place for the kings to move, we got the nba ready arena, our current owners of the canucks are presuing an nba team again, i'm still pissed stern made the grizz pick 6th in our inagural draft, the 5 players picked before we got big country reeves were joe smith, mcdyess, rasheed wallace, stackhouse and garnett, boy how things coulda been different.

Yeah, you could have had Joe Smith or Jerry Stackhouse.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

joe smith not the best reference, but the point is the other 4 were all multiple time all stars, the bobcats didnt get the 6th pick in their 1st draft a number of years back, we were also prohibited from getting the #1 overall pick for a few years after that, missing out on the likes of tim duncan and allen iverson in years following

joe smith not the best reference, but the point is the other 4 were all multiple time all stars, the bobcats didnt get the 6th pick in their 1st draft a number of years back, we were also prohibited from getting the #1 overall pick for a few years after that, missing out on the likes of tim duncan and allen iverson in years following

You had Steve Francis - he refused to play in Vancouver. Whatta'ya gonna do?

You had Steve Francis - he refused to play in Vancouver. Whatta'ya gonna do?

bottom line is vancouver will have an nba team before seattle does, they dont have a arena, infact thats the reason they left, grizz left cus of financial reason, canadian dollar was about $0.60, the players were paid in american money but the owners were collecting canadian money from ticket sales, merchandise etc. now the dollar is basically even, lot has changed since then we are a booming city right now coming off of hosting the olympics, i dont know if the kings are gonna move, but there will be other nba teams that relocate in the next 5 years or so and seattle wont be getting one of them until they get a new arena.