LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Lebron James autograph: possible or impossible?

I have what I believe is the first magazine that LeBron James appeared on the cover as a Jr. in High School on Slam Magazine.

I went to a Kings game last year when the Cavs were in town, and he didn't make himself available for autographs. Even ESPN did a story last week when it was their Miami Heat week, that showed a man and his 11 year old son waiting outside a hotel in OKC waiting for a James autograph. They didn't say if he was successful, but it didn't seem like it.

It makes me feel like Jame is too big for autographs. Do you think hotel's gives a legit shot, or even if I ran into him would he be to arrogant to sign?
close to impossible. Go to the hotel and then have something catchy and funny to hit him with as he walks by. Then you stand a chance. And have the pen and mag ready, there is no pause on his part.

When I was a kid I caught a Pete Rose foul ball at a Giants game. I waited until the end and asked for an autograph. He walked right by me. So I sent it to the Reds team address for stuff like that and they never even sent it back. Great player but a dick.
only way is to run into him as a resteraunt or something i think
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
only way is to run into him as a resteraunt or something i think

My mom and dad saw him and the whole USA ReDeem Team at the SFO International Terminal when they were flying to China for pre-tourny tune ups before the Japan World Basketball Championship in 2006. She didn't talk to him, but she talked to Coach K.
you have a better chance of catching bin laden
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol whatever you do , don't touch him

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2010/01/lebron-james-cares-not-for-blazer-fan-fondling/
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
lol whatever you do , don't touch him

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2010/01/lebron-james-cares-not-for-blazer-fan-fondling/

Quote:
James mechanically drained his three pointers and then paused briefly as a ballboy went to retrieve a rare miss. Sensing an opportunity, one of the group reached out to James and patted him on the butt, not unlike teammates do countless times during every NBA game. Perhaps with a little more cupping action than usual but, nevertheless, an innocent gesture. The move bordered on the bizarre because it was clear the two had no prior relationship.

hahahahaha
maybe if you get a hot chick to ask him to sign it
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
close to impossible. Go to the hotel and then have something catchy and funny to hit him with as he walks by. Then you stand a chance. And have the pen and mag ready, there is no pause on his part.

When I was a kid I caught a Pete Rose foul ball at a Giants game. I waited until the end and asked for an autograph. He walked right by me. So I sent it to the Reds team address for stuff like that and they never even sent it back. Great player but a dick.

Funny how from a fans perspective he's a dick, but if you think about it realistically, he'd have to spend half his day signing baseballs to not look like a dick to anyone.

When thousands of people are always sticking pens, programs, balls, hats, etc in your face every single day, it would eventually become just something you ignore. You cant sign for everyone. I'm sure Pete Rose signed plenty of items throughout his career. It's hard to blame really famous people for acting rude to fans who want an autograph. Half the time they just want it to sell the item. And when youre that big, you must get pestered anytime you go anywhere.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
maybe if you get a hot chick to ask him to sign it

Only if she has no panties on.

not only is it hard to get an athlete as big as LBJ to stop and sign for you but it's hard to even ask them directly with the amount of security the guy has. plus he's signed to upper deck and gets paid a few million a year to sign exclusively for him so i doubt he signs that often.
Originally posted by matt49er:
not only is it hard to get an athlete as big as LBJ to stop and sign for you but it's hard to even ask them directly with the amount of security the guy has. plus he's signed to upper deck and gets paid a few million a year to sign exclusively for him so i doubt he signs that often.

Get a little kid to ask. Some players only sign for kids.

I remember Jack Nicklaus was playing a charity golf tournament a year or so ago, and this little boy, maybe 5 yrs old, said "Mr. Nicklaus can I have you autograph?" And he was just walking by the crowd not signing for anyone, and he kind of shook his head at the kid, and as he passed the kid says "but I was named after you...." and he stopped, walked back, signed for just that kid and then kept going.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Yeah he's definitely too arrogant to sign a magazine for someone who is only interested in making money off of it.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Yeah he's definitely too arrogant to sign a magazine for someone who is only interested in making money off of it.

since when was it only acceptable to sign blank white sheets of papers? lol
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by 23zack80:

since when was it only acceptable to sign blank white sheets of papers? lol

Global is only interested in his autograph because it's worth money, not because he's a true fan of Lebron.
Share 49ersWebzone