LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Lance Armstrong - A fraud?

It seems as if a definitive conclusion could be reached on whether Lance has used drugs to help him win races or not. Is it politics within the biking organizations, jealousy from other riders, or faulty testing procedures? For the sake of bike race fans we should have a clearer picture of his ethical behavior.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 26, 2011 at 2:23 AM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'm sorry but what can steroids do for a bicyclist? pedal harder?
He's never tested positive for anything. He was tested every single year. In fact more often than the other competitors. It's pretty easy to throw sh** at the wall and see if it will stick. Much harder to back it up with facts and evidence.
I tend to agree. The continual accusations must be getting on his nerves. But then, why not a clear declaration by the UCI and be done with it?
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Jan 26, 2011 at 2:22 AM ]
At this point, Americans have a different view of Lance. With Barry and Roger, they just said bull, you are guilty and fry them.

With Lance it is hey, leave him alone. He is Lance, we figure he did it but we dont care.
Originally posted by Paul:

[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Jan 26, 2011 at 5:55 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Innocent until proven guilty

People trying to tear down Lance's accomplishments

Haters.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
At this point, Americans have a different view of Lance. With Barry and Roger, they just said bull, you are guilty and fry them.

With Lance it is hey, leave him alone. He is Lance, we figure he did it but we dont care.

He fights the cancer. If someone busts him somehow, it impedes his ability to fight the cancer. May as well leave him alone, or cancer will win.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Leave Lance's Ball Alone!
yup. steroid user fo sho!

that's why he only has one ball.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Jan 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yup. steroid user fo sho!

that's why he only has one ball.

yep pretty clear the roids gave him cancer and took his ball
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Leave Lance's Ball Alone!

It wasnt a matter of If, but WHEN the ball referrence would come out.
frankly, i don't care if he used steroids or not. A) I doubt he was the only one. B) At the peak of his run, his story was one of the great stories in the history of sports, and finding evidence of steroid use isn't going to retroactively change how inspiring his story was at the time. C) who gives a f**k what cyclists do?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

The difference is that Bonds and Clemens have pretty strong evidence against them. In Clemens' case the backlash is worse because he blatantly lied many times even in the face of some pretty overwhelming evidence.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by Paul:

Share 49ersWebzone