LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Stanford targets Boise State's Peterson as next football coach

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Luck in a spread offense. Maybe he will change his mind and jump to the NFL.

What's to say he doesn't alter his offense to fit the personnel at Stanford currently ?

61-5

Not saying to run the Stanford offense nor the Boise offense, just a modified version of what he currently runs to better fit the personnel and put Luck in the best position to win games.

Originally posted by vaden:
As a Boise fan I hope this doesn't happen. I also think Peterson can get a better opportunity than this.

It's not about better opportunities to CP, those have already come and he shot some down. He is a NorCal guy, so it would be coming home for him.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That would be good for Stanford. By why leave Boise? He can run the table at Boise. Can you say the same about Stanford? More money? More control? What is it?

I think a major factor if he does consider Stanford would be the fact he's from Northern California. He was born in the Sacramento Valley and played at and started his coaching career at UC Davis.

He could "come home" was Stanford one of 2 major college programs in Northern California.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That would be good for Stanford. By why leave Boise? He can run the table at Boise. Can you say the same about Stanford? More money? More control? What is it?

I think a major factor if he does consider Stanford would be the fact he's from Northern California. He was born in the Sacramento Valley and played at and started his coaching career at UC Davis.

He could "come home" was Stanford one of 2 major college programs in Northern California.

Plus Stanford really ramped-up the recruiting budget for Harbaugh. If Peterson was provided with the same resources it might make a move more attractive.
Chris Petersen has announced he is staying at Boise State to continue directing the football program.With Chris Petersen staying at Boise, I think Stanford assistant Greg Roman is the favorite for the job.

http://twitter.com/#!/TomDienhart/status/24597052704948225
http://twitter.com/#!/TomDienhart/status/24598650831249409
I don't think he would leave Boise. He could have done it many times. Cali boy or not.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Share 49ersWebzone