There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stanford targets Boise State's Peterson as next football coach

Stanford has reached out to Boise State coach Chris Petersen, two sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Stanford is looking for a replacement for Jim Harbaugh, who was named coach of the San Francisco 49ers on Friday.

Petersen has been one of the nation’s hottest commodities in recent years, leading Boise State to a 61-5 record over five seasons with two BCS bowl appearances.

Others believed to be targets for the job are in-house candidates: associate head coach/assistant head coach offense/tight ends/offensive tackles Greg Roman, offensive coordinator David Shaw and defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

link
I would have thought Roman or Shaw were locks, mainly because of offensive continuity..........but I would not be upset with Peterson.

BoiseNiner might though.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

Luck in a spread offense. Maybe he will change his mind and jump to the NFL.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

What's to say he doesn't alter his offense to fit the personnel at Stanford currently ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

What's to say he doesn't alter his offense to fit the personnel at Stanford currently ?

61-5

Originally posted by GEEK:

Originally posted by niner4ever12:

CLASSIC
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

CLASSIC
That would be good for Stanford. By why leave Boise? He can run the table at Boise. Can you say the same about Stanford? More money? More control? What is it?
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

CLASSIC

• vaden
  • Veteran
As a Boise fan I hope this doesn't happen. I also think Peterson can get a better opportunity than this.
Don't let my pro team's fortune ruin my college team having the dream coach. The guy has balls of steel. Remember his playcalling in the Fiesta Bowl vs. Oklahoma? Statue of Liberty for the win. Just hire in house Stanford. Leave Petersen alone.