There are 180 users in the forums

Ellison May Buy New Orl. Hornets/Move Them To San Jose

The Golden State Hornets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I'm down. My attachment to the Warriors isn't too great, and I've been brought up by a Laker loving dad. Unless the Warriors move to San Francisco, I'd jump ship to a San Jose team.

Problem?

Your ease and process of selecting your team is funny. Like a Clown. Like "ha ha" funny.

Clown, huh? You're going to have to explain that one. I thought most people do root for either their local team, or the one that their parents did. Makes sense to me, but just for you, I'll summarize how I chose my teams.

49ers - SB 23 was basically my first memory, and there was no other team in the Bay Area.

Giants - I felt bad for them losing to the A's in the '89 WS, and them being in the same city as the niners, I leaned towards them rather than the A's. Like I wrote in another post, I don't care for Oakland.

Sharks - They're the only local team, SJ is close to me, and I've liked them since their emergence into the league.

Stanford - My dad got his masters there, and they're the school I rooted for while growing up.

Cal - I go here, so I have to root for them by default. A very large portion of my family are Cal alumni except my dad, so it makes things awkward when it comes to sports, but I like both schools.

I already wrote what I think of the Warriors, so I won't go into anything more than saying they're local. San Jose is also local for me, and when it comes to cities, I much prefer San Jose over Oakland. I'd feel like a POS being a Lakers fan, and since I'm not currently big into the NBA, I'd like to have the chance to have a team.

So tell me, what's so funny about wanting to have a local team to root for when I have no diehard feelings for any other one?

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Jan 5, 2011 at 20:21:36 ]
I'm down. My attachment to the Warriors isn't too great, and I've been brought up by a Laker loving dad. Unless the Warriors move to San Francisco, I'd jump ship to a San Jose team.

Problem?

Your ease and process of selecting your team is funny. Like a Clown. Like "ha ha" funny.

Clown, huh? You're going to have to explain that one. I thought most people do root for either their local team, or the one that their parents did. Makes sense to me, but just for you, I'll summarize how I chose my teams.

49ers - SB 23 was basically my first memory, and there was no other team in the Bay Area.

Giants - I felt bad for them losing to the A's in the '89 WS, and them being in the same city as the niners, I leaned towards them rather than the A's. Like I wrote in another post, I don't care for Oakland.

Sharks - They're the only local team, SJ is close to me, and I've liked them since their emergence.

Stanford - My dad got his masters there, and they're the school I rooted for while growing up.

Cal - I go here, so I have to root for them by default. A very large portion of my family are Cal alumni except my dad, so it makes things awkward when it comes to sports, but I like both schools.

I already wrote what I think of the Warriors, so I won't go into anything more than saying they're local. San Jose is also local for me, and when it comes to cities, I much prefer San Jose over Oakland. I'd feel like a POS being a Lakers fan, and since I'm not currently big into the NBA, I'd like to have the chance to have a team.

So tell me what's so funny about wanting to have a local team to root for when I have no diehard feelings for any other one?

Holy s**t! Calm down, man. I was giving you s**t.

I couldn't care less who you root for. It was just funny. It's ok for things to be funny.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 5, 2011 at 20:23:34 ]

Problem?

Sharks - They're the only local team, SJ is close to me, and I've liked them since their emergence.

So tell me what's so funny about wanting to have a local team to root for when I have no diehard feelings for any other one?

I couldn't care less who you root for. It was just funny. It's ok for things to be funny.

Giving s**t? Yeah, that's true. Was there anything in either post worth being funny? Not sure about that one, but whatever floats your boat.

Problem?

Giving s**t? Yeah, that's true. Was there anything in either post worth being funny? Not sure about that one, but whatever floats your boat.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's well within the rules of fanhood to jump ship and root for another team if that other team is moving to your hometown.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
It's well within the rules of fanhood to jump ship and root for another team if that other team is moving to your hometown.

f**k that. Rams moved here.

Doesn't change a thing...

all day
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jrg:

all day

Yeah well you're weird, you root for the Magic, 49ers, STL Cardinals. That's 3 states

I'm a Bay Area guy, South Bay guy and I only root for teams near my hometown

Niners/Giants/Sharks/Stanford fan

I seriously consider jumping ship to the San Jose Hornets over the Golden State Warriors

It's not like the Warriors deserve their fan base.

[ Edited by crzy on Jan 5, 2011 at 21:58:23 ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

all day

Yeah well you're weird, you root for the Magic, 49ers, STL Cardinals. That's 3 states

I'm a Bay Area guy, South Bay guy and I only root for teams near my hometown

Niners/Giants/Sharks/Stanford fan

I seriously consider jumping ship to the San Jose Hornets over the Golden State Warriors

It's not like the Warriors deserve their fan base.

cardinals - grew up watching them
blues - grew up watching them
magic - no nba team in stl, love the nba..found a team i enjoyed and went w/ it
49ers- no nfl team in stl (at the time), love the nfl ..found a team i enjoyed and went w/ it

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Come on Larry Ellison, give me an excuse to stop rooting for the damn Warriors

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agreed. As long as he doesn't rename them the San Jose Oracles.

Problem?

don't trip, i don't know what he found funny either lol
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Agreed. As long as he doesn't rename them the San Jose Oracles.

how about the San Jose Orcas
Share 49ersWebzone