There are 233 users in the forums

Rich Rod fired at Michigan

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
This doesn't mean much. Rich Rod was done in Michigan regardless of what Harbaugh decides.

Pretty much. I think after giving up 60 points to Illinois the AD said he has to go. the defense is just so dam terrible. Offense got better but still no running back to really compliment Robinson. Good luck to Rich rob but his style and recruiting him just didn't work in the Big 10. I'm a Michigan fan and i think he's a good coach but you just can't trot out 240lbs d lineman and think that's gonna cut it.

gonna be interesting to see who they get. Not really sure it's Harbaugh myself.

Exactly. He was done in Mich. As for Harbaugh, if he is smart (and he seems to be) - he will come to NFL. It makes no sense for him to stay at the NCAA level. He can always go back to college if he wants to in 3-4 years. If he doesn't do so hot at Michigan or Stanford, he may not get a job at NFL level (as a HC) or at least won't have as many suitors. Right now, he is in the driving seat and can field offers from 3-4 teams and get a big fat contract.

Coming to Niners make a LOT of sense for him, provided Jed is ready to match any contract he gets. He doesn't have to uproot his family and that can be a huge factor. Also, we have some really good young players - and he can do wonders with Crabtree, Vernon, and our running game. So, we should be an attractive team to most coaches - as far as the players are concerned.

Yea Harbaugh must strike while he's the hot name. Though I think if he stays at Stanford he will still be a hot commodity just not for the niners. By going to Michigan he's basically saying no to the NFL for another 4/5 years.

I think the qb situation and our shaky front office is what might scare off a rookie coach. Gotta remember that if he fails in SF it will be hard for him to get another NFL job aswell.

Great both my teams have no head coach and both want the same guy. sure glad I'm a Wizards fan. Tough year.

If he goes to Michigan, then you nailed it. Bye Bye NFL for at least 4-5 years, however if he succeeds at Michigan then his NFL price tag will double

Also if he goes to Michigan he'll still get his ass kicked every year by one Brian Kelly led team.
I hope he goes to PITT and lights everyone up!
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I hope he goes to Appalachian State and lights DII up!

Fixed.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Fixed.

hahaha, I hate Michigan. I think RichRod got the hose too quick. They had no defense. Teams dont wait on anything anymore.

He needs to go to a big name school where he can recruit.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Fixed.

hahaha, I hate Michigan. I think RichRod got the hose too quick. They had no defense. Teams dont wait on anything anymore.

He needs to go to a big name school where he can recruit.

He was at a big name school. He needs to go to to the ACC/Big East where he fits in best IMHO.
Just saw it on ESPN. So they will be wanting Harbaugh also. It is just now official since they need a coach.
What a complete disaster. Lloyd Carr produced so many NFL stars on the defensive side of the ball, RichRod comes in and immediately the defense goes in the tank. True, Lloyd lost to App. State his final year, but went on to beat a Tim Tebow led Florida team in his last game. Maybe a change wasnt all that nescesary.
Um no he wasnt....
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Um no he wasnt....
Its a matter of time. He'll be gone by the end of the week.

Espn moble alerts said he was fired. I see the note has been removed and they are saying no decision has been made. I hate when they post some news and it is wrong. Makes the poster, IE, me look stupid. This is the second time ESPN has done this to me.
lol it's all good bro.

The school has not made it official and they said on PTI if Harbaugh isn't interested they won't pull the trigger.
this was clearly a balk on Michigans part. they thought they could lure Harbaugh, and they were about to fire Rodriguez. when they found out Harbaugh is likely accepting the Niners job, they reeled it back in and are trying to keep the guy they have now.
Michigan will hire Brady Hoke away from my beloved alma mater, San Diego State. Friggin' sucks because Hoke has really turned the program around.
Share 49ersWebzone