LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 359 users in the forums

Lakers365.com launches focusing on Los Angeles Lakers basketball

I just wanted to announce this to all of the Los Angeles Lakers fans on the site.

www.LAKERS365.com

The site offers a news wire with the latest news, team information and a forum of its own. And I will get some Laker Girls stuff up there as soon as I can.

Obviously the site is in its infancy, but I would appreciate any support you can provide.

Do I have to sign up for yet another account?

No. You can log in with your 49erswebzone.com username and password. When you first log in, the site will check with this site and pull all of your information over to Lakers365.com. You will then be asked to log in again. Sorry about the double login thing. I am working on that.

Why should I visit that site when there is a Lakers thread here at 49erswebzone.com full of awesomeness?

There sure is! But over there, you can also get the latest news from a number of resources around the web, just like you get your 49ers news here. And I will be adding even more resources as I have time. Also, you will not have to put everything into one giant super thread if you do not want to. Create specific threads about specific issues about the team. And all your Webzone buddies can join in with the signup process so easy (again, crossing my fingers on that part).

How can this site compete against those Lakers mega-sites that I see on the interwebs?

In short, we probably can't compete traffic-wise. Especially not without your help. That would be like some new Niner site coming in and trying to compete with Webzone. Not gonna happen. We have a 14 year head start. Lakers365.com is just looking to get a small piece of the pie and we will focus on what we know how to do best. Gather the best news around the web and deliver it to you in one easy to use location.

Wait ... you are not even a Lakers fan, are you?

Nope. But I am also not a Warriors or Giants fan either and I made sites for those. And the Giants one is doing better than I expected it to during such a short period of time. Well ... everyone scattered for the offseason, but I hope things are back to normal once the season starts up again. With some work, I hope Lakers365.com can go down the same trail. Maybe a few years from now, it will be something special.

How come Lakers365.com looks just like WarriorsCentral.com but with some different colors and backgrounds?

It is using the same code. This means if I roll out a feature on one site, I can easily roll it out on the other. Hopefully this will make updates easier in the future.

Can you get me Lakers tickets?

Not yet.

That account creation from your Webzone account is cool. Why not have that on all of your sites?

As of yesterday, you can do that. Again, this is very beta so I apologize in advance for any existing bugs.

I do not like the Lakers. Will you create any other team sites?

Not right now. I want to look into some more non-sports related projects.

I love the design of the Webzone forum. Why didn't you just use that?

The Webzone forum code is about 8 years old. The software used on the other sites is compatible with more 3rd party tools. For example, Tapatalk (which reminds me ... I need to add that to Lakers365.com). I am currently rewriting the Webzone forums from the ground up, so in the future, the code may be able to support multiple sites. For now, Webzone runs solo.

What are your other sports sites?

You can see all the sites at Skybox360.com.

Anything else?

You can join the Lakers365.com Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lakers365com/181833515179873 and follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/lakers365com. Can you believe lakers365 was taken on Twitter?! Lame.
I like my all in one forum, 49erswebzone!

(Don't ban me)
can i be mod?
Let me know if you'd like me to contribute content, David.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Yeah, if you need me to write about the Lakers, I'll do it, too. I just need to compile a list of synonyms for rape.

Are you serious? Like a Pete-blog?

How come no one offered that for the Giants site.
  • evil
  • Veteran
the mods forum is visible. just sayin'
Originally posted by Webmaster:

Something like that. Over the last few minutes I thought of a section called "Triangle Offense 101", where maybe I could explain different elements of the triangle on a weekly basis, and perhaps scouting reports on each player as well. It might give the site some unique content that might attract people to the site. And I'd love to write on the state of the team and whatever over pertinent topics pop up throughout the season.

I watch the Lakers and basketball as a whole obsessively anyway, so I'd be happy to help a friend in the process. Lemme know, man.

• evil
  • Veteran

Something like that. Over the last few minutes I thought of a section called "Triangle Offense 101", where maybe I could explain different elements of the triangle on a weekly basis, and perhaps scouting reports on each player as well. It might give the site some unique content that might attract people to the site. And I'd love to write on the state of the team and whatever over pertinent topics pop up throughout the season.

I watch the Lakers and basketball as a whole obsessively anyway, so I'd be happy to help a friend in the process. Lemme know, man.

It would an epic fail not to involve Pete in that site. Seriously he was tailor made to help you out with a Lakers site.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
the mods forum is visible. just sayin'

Hahaha! I did not even know I created a mods forum. I just copied WarriorsCentral's forums over.

Eh. Now everyone can see what mods are up to. Like a peep show.

You are more qualified than I. The same article section that exists on the Webzone is running that site as well. It is just not listed on the front page because there are no writers. I can get that all set up for you as long as you are not worried about only having a few readers initially until word gets out.
The design doesn't really have much to do with the inner workings of the forum software.... it just takes a little CSS magic to get it to look like the webzone. I don't really think it will hinder the performance or functionality... sure you might have to leave a few features out or something, like the whole myspace profile thingie, but that's not really what we're here for. The forums just look too generic... and it's kind of a big deal. Just my .02 anywho.
Originally posted by dobo:
There's something wrong with Bay Area fans liking the Lakers, IMO. I can kinda understand Angelenos liking the 49ers, since LA has no football team and the Chargers are annoying and the Raiders are loser thugs. But I thought there was something ingrained into NorCal DNA that prevented liking SoCal teams.

Where are from, again?
Share 49ersWebzone