LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Cliff Lee signs with the Philadelphia Phillies

Originally posted by ads_2006:
this puts a lot of pressure on the phillies

they will be favorites from day 1.

They were favorites in the NL last year too and we all know how that turned out. "bAWT GUAIS, THEY HAVE HALLADAY AND OSWALT AND THEY HAVE SUCH A GOOD PITCHING STAFF AND A LOT OF BIG NAME HITTERS, THEY'RE DEF GONNA WIN THE WHOLE THIGN!" BTW aren't most of their pitchers getting pretty old? Lee is what 33? Halladay will be 34? Oswalt will be like 33? The only young pitcher they have I think is Hamels who is gonna be like 27.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sabean do something to give the Giants another improvement to keep up though.
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by crzy:
Wow

lol, I'm gonna laugh when the Giants beat them in the playoffs again

im gonna laugh when the giants dont make the playoffs next year

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Originally posted by crzy:
Wow

lol, I'm gonna laugh when the Giants beat them in the playoffs again

im gonna laugh when the giants dont make the playoffs next year

I was laughing when we beat you guys in the playoffs THIS YEAR.
it's up next on espn after ole' 4arve stops running his nuts off. it's offical folks. even SI is reporting it
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Just seen it on ESPN

GO BRAVES!
i guess it can get suuny in Philadelphia
they will be dangerous
  • Dino
  • Veteran
halladay
lee
oswalt
hamels
blanton

• jrg
  • Veteran
MOTHER f**kER!
Originally posted by Dino:
halladay
lee
oswalt
hamels
blanton

according to pft hardball section j. blaton, along raul ibanez and a no namer are now available via trade

From the ESPN MB:

"Are you kidding me Giants fans? You're a fluke. We are baseball, now. Period. Your lineup was a joke. This is the greatest team on paper of all time."

And so it begins...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Sorry Giants fans..congrats on the World Series, but I'd take the Phillies 9 times outta 10 if I had to pick coming into next year.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
From the ESPN MB:

"Are you kidding me Giants fans? You're a fluke. We are baseball, now. Period. Your lineup was a joke. This is the greatest team on paper of all time."

And so it begins...

thats all they are at this point
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Dec 13, 2010 at 9:22 PM ]
From the ESPN MB:

And so it begins...

So was last year's Phillys. Paper tigers I tell you. Not to mention we were the only team who lit up Lee in the post season anyway, and Timmy beat him twice IIRC.
From the ESPN MB:

And so it begins...

who said that?
Share 49ersWebzone