There are 200 users in the forums

Cliff Lee signs with the Philadelphia Phillies

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I would say the only way Hamels and Sanchez would be comparable, is for the last 2-3 years you put Hamels on the Giants, and Sanchez on the Phils. I think their Ws and Ls and maybe ERA would mirror each other in actuality.

but that is it.

Maybe but Hamels does pitch in a hitters friendly park while Sanchez pitches in a pretty friendly pitchers park. Listen, I think Sanchez is a very good lefty. I just dont think there is anyway he is in Cole's class.

Parks aside, I think you give Sanchez the Phillies lineup they had the last few years, and Cole the Giants lineup, the wins and losses would be different for both.
I would say the only way Hamels and Sanchez would be comparable, is for the last 2-3 years you put Hamels on the Giants, and Sanchez on the Phils. I think their Ws and Ls and maybe ERA would mirror each other in actuality.

but that is it.

Maybe but Hamels does pitch in a hitters friendly park while Sanchez pitches in a pretty friendly pitchers park. Listen, I think Sanchez is a very good lefty. I just dont think there is anyway he is in Cole's class.

Parks aside, I think you give Sanchez the Phillies lineup they had the last few years, and Cole the Giants lineup, the wins and losses would be different for both.

No question on the W-L. Agree with that.

but that is it.

but that is it.

Cole Hamels is a World Series MVP. Just saying...
Originally posted by PTulini:

but that is it.

Cole Hamels is a World Series MVP. Just saying...

Yes he has. In my mind there are 4 great LH pitchers in baseball under the age of 30 years.( at the start of next season) I would rank them this way:

1) David Price
2) Jon Lester
3) Clayton Kershaw
4) Cole Hamels

Just below these top 4 I would put
5) Francisco Liriano ( would make top list if not for injury concerns)
6) John Danks
7) Jonathan Sanchez
8) Brett Anderson
9) Brian Matusz
10) Jaime Garcia

Madison has to pitch at least a full year before I could put him in a list like this.

Cliiff?
Originally posted by maximill15:

Cliiff?

• 4ML
  • Veteran
If I was the Giants GM and Phillies offer Hamels for Sanchez to me - I would fly Sanchez in my private jet the second I get off the phone, drop his ass in PA and bring Hamels to SF the same day. Then call Phillies GM and laugh at him for 5 minutes.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
If I was the Giants GM and Phillies offer Hamels for Sanchez to me - I would fly Sanchez in my private jet the second I get off the phone, drop his ass in PA and bring Hamels to SF the same day. Then call Phillies GM and laugh at him for 5 minutes.

NICE.

NICE.

Sanchez gets his wildness under control Ala Randy Johnson you are looking at a perennial CY young guy. His stuff is better than hamels. He's nastier. He's got NO HIT STUFF. With his wildness he is on the same level as Sanchez. Just his mental aspect is holding him back but dudes gotten much better EVERY year

NICE.

you are a true Kiss A$$ and not a true Giants fan. Whats all the Man love for the phillies and Hamels?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
f**k any team in the NL besides the Cardinals

Originally posted by jrg:
f**k any team in the NL besides the Cardinals

dude this is a giants thread

dont bring that s**t in here
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

NICE.

Sanchez gets his wildness under control Ala Randy Johnson you are looking at a perennial CY young guy. His stuff is better than hamels. He's nastier. He's got NO HIT STUFF. With his wildness he is on the same level as Sanchez. Just his mental aspect is holding him back but dudes gotten much better EVERY year

I'll take the young and more accomplished pitcher in Hamels. Hamels also averaged about 9k per 9 innings - and he too has no-hit stuff. But, he has been a NLCS and WS MVP, whereas Sanchez had a meltdown in NLCS and pitched poorly in the WS.

Sanchez is 28 years old, and is still prone to the same mental lapses that plagued him earlier.
Share 49ersWebzone