LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Cliff Lee signs with the Philadelphia Phillies

nothing more gay than

1) james crying yet again - it's a SF forum, 49ers and all but SF based so there will be a lot of Giants fans and they will voice their opinion, if you can't understand this, well obviously you can't, you have a rock as a brain. Continuously getting worked up over this won't change anything, IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN, just let it go.

2) john and others again talking about "they'll be in the WS for sure" when TEXAS AND SAN FRANCISCO just played in the WS, not the Yankees and the Cardinals, or Tampa and the Philly. Nothing's won on paper, geez. What else do you need as proof?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

nothing more gay than

1) james crying yet again - it's a SF forum, 49ers and all but SF based so there will be a lot of Giants fans and they will voice their opinion, if you can't understand this, well obviously you can't, you have a rock as a brain. Continuously getting worked up over this won't change anything, IT WILL CONTINUE TO HAPPEN, just let it go.

2) john and others again talking about "they'll be in the WS for sure" when TEXAS AND SAN FRANCISCO just played in the WS, not the Yankees and the Cardinals, or Tampa and the Philly. Nothing's won on paper, geez. What else do you need as proof?

the irony....

THE IRONY!!!

[ Edited by jrg on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

nothing more gay than

No doubt.
  • bfree
  • Veteran

nothing more gay than

QFT! James needs to stop whining all the time.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bfree:

nothing more gay than

Who the f**k is this guy?
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 14, 2010 at 12:39 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Motherf**king A...! Oh well, I'm glad we got our ring this year.

James - I hope Phillies and Cardinals play in NLDS.

I'd take it. They're the best team in the NL right now IMO..if the Cardinals are going to win a WS next year, I would want to beat Philadelphia.

Well, if they run into Phillies in the playoffs, they won't be winning the WS.

Man, I don't know why you get upset about the Giants fans talking about Giants. The last time Bay Area team won anything was 16 years ago. This is the first time Giants won a World Series. This is a BIG deal for us, this is the only thing we can hold onto for all the s**t we have gone through this decade.

You (and plenty of Laker fans) come to the Miami Heat thread and post how Magic will win still win the division or Lakers will win 3 in a row, how Miami have pathetic fans because they don't show up to the games etc. - and OMG OMG Lebron bumped his coach or didn't flush after he took a s**t...! This is a forum...49ers Forum with hundreds of Giants fans - who just won a WS for the first time. Some of them weren't even old enough to remember the 94 season. Cut 'em some slack dude.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Hey Giants fans...this is a Phillies thread

GTFO

So annoying.

So what you're saying is, the thread should be renamed to:

Cliff Lee did not sign with the San Francisco Giants?

better add cardinals to it too, or jrg is going to blow.

Halladay is the #1. It's his team, and he's performed better.

not at all...this isn't a cardinals thread...and it isnt a giants thread.

quit trying to make it a giants thread

Seriously bro? You're really taking this that seriously?

Don't worry about it James. It doesn't bother me.

James is making a big deal out of nothing again. Obvioulsy Giants fans are not going to be happy about Lee going to Philly.

I'm sure posting videos/pictures of the Giants eliminating the Phillies has a LOT to do w/ the topic.

Pat, may as well change the title to

"Cliff Lee didn't sign w/ the Giants"

Yikes.
I saw this late last night. I was shocked. While I am glad he didn't go to the yanks, I am upset he went in the NL. Not good for me.

But I guess he deserved his 5 yr. 120 mil.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
jrg how many phillies fans are on here actually anyways....like 1 or 2?

I think the reaction of Giants fans livens up the thread. Otherwise it would have been only 2 or 3 pages.
Originally posted by bfree:

nothing more gay than

LMAO!!!!!

A ghost from Christmas past?

Originally posted by crzy:

I think the reaction of Giants fans livens up the thread. Otherwise it would have been only 2 or 3 pages.

Not only that but this is a San Francisco 49ers forum....meaning anyone that roots for the Niners probably are 75% Giants fans. A reaction was inevitable.
Originally posted by crzy:

Exactly and..

plus this is a SF 49ers site...who the f*ck did people think would be on here...We are mostly all from here and root for the 9ers, giants, warriors. jeez...I mean why else would I give a flying f&ck about where Cliff Lee signed if it wasn't all about how this impacted my team!!

Get over yourself people! Its the local team!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Hey Giants fans...this is a Phillies thread

GTFO

So annoying.

So what you're saying is, the thread should be renamed to:

Cliff Lee did not sign with the San Francisco Giants?

better add cardinals to it too, or jrg is going to blow.

Halladay is the #1. It's his team, and he's performed better.

not at all...this isn't a cardinals thread...and it isnt a giants thread.

quit trying to make it a giants thread

Seriously bro? You're really taking this that seriously?

Don't worry about it James. It doesn't bother me.

James is making a big deal out of nothing again. Obvioulsy Giants fans are not going to be happy about Lee going to Philly.

I'm sure posting videos/pictures of the Giants eliminating the Phillies has a LOT to do w/ the topic.

Pat, may as well change the title to

"Cliff Lee didn't sign w/ the Giants"

Yikes.

I dont think giants fans will rest till their thread is pinned right next to the lakers thread
Part of me wants to think that the Phillies did this to counter the Giants rotation, possibly for another playoff meeting.

But whatever, Phillies suck. Go Giants.

nothing more gay than

Of course nothing is won on paper you silly rabbit. However, the Phillies are going to be HUGE favorites to go to the WS. I heard Bobby Valentine call their rotation the best in history of baseball and I have to agree. It IS sick. They are going to be in the playoffs and the Giants showed what pitching can do once you get there.

The Phillies are the last team (well 2nd to last behind the Dodgers) that I would have wanted Lee to go to.
Share 49ersWebzone