There are 487 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

San Francisco Giants' Top 20 Prospects for 2011

• kush
  • Veteran
Here is my ranking for the Giants 2011 Prospects. Please leave a comment, a question about a prospect or your own list.

Cheers

1. Brandon Belt 1B/OF
2010 Stats(A+/AA/AAA) .353/.455/.620, 23 Hr, 112 Rbi
If Belt can prove his first minor league season was not a fluke, he's one of the ELITE prospects in all of baseball. Expect him to get the Buster Posey treatment, starting in AAA and getting a call up in the summer.

2. Zach Wheeler SP
2010 Stats(A-) 3-3, 3.99 ERA, 58.2 IP, 70 K, 38 BB
A young kid with a live arm, his peripherals looked great this year, but he needs to be more consistent this coming season to keep his front of the rotation potential. A torn fingernail sidelined him for a few weeks, but assuming he stays healthy, expect a huge season for Wheeler at San Jose for the Giants High A team.

3. Gary Brown CF
The Giants first draft choice in this year's draft instantly became our fastest prospect and best defensive outfielder. He logged a little playing time at the end of the year but his stats were forgettable. The book on Brown is that he rarely walks, but also rarely strikes out. Expect to see him in San Jose this year where I assume he'll put up some huge numbers(high batting average and tons of stolen bases).

4. Thomas Neal OF
2010 Stats (AA) .291/.359/.440 12 Hr, 69 Rbi
After a breakout 2009 season at San Jose Neal took a step back at AA Richmond. The good sign is that he got better as the year went on and finished with decent numbers. Look for Neal to get back on track and put up some big numbers at AAA Fresno this year and possibly get a call up. I don't expect Neal to be a star, but can easily see him being a non-star regular for the Giants.

5. Francisco Peguero CF
2010 Stats(A+) .329/.358/.488 10 Hr, 77Rbi, 40 Sb
Peguero has a great bat and great speed, but needs to walk more to sustain his numbers at higher levels. He needs to work on base stealing as he was caught 22 times this past year. He's a high energy player with great defense and a plus-plus arm. Expect him to start the year at AA Richmond where we'll find out if his numbers are sustainable.

prospects 6-10 coming soon!!!
[ Edited by SourdoughDan on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:05 AM ]
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/11/14/1814238/san-francisco-giants-top-20-prospects-for-2011

heres the giants top 20 prospects according to John Sickels who follows this stuff for a profession.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2010/11/14/1814238/san-francisco-giants-top-20-prospects-for-2011

heres the giants top 20 prospects according to John Sickels who follows this stuff for a profession.

I have seen his list, but mine is a little different. I certainly don't profess to be a professional, but I've been hounding prospects for about 5 years and am well versed in everything the professionals do put out. The thing with prospects is everyone values certain aspects above others so everyone will have a different list. This isn't a science.
Neal before Zod.
Originally posted by SourdoughDan:
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

I have seen his list, but mine is a little different. I certainly don't profess to be a professional, but I've been hounding prospects for about 5 years and am well versed in everything the professionals do put out. The thing with prospects is everyone values certain aspects above others so everyone will have a different list. This isn't a science.

just thought i'd share
Oh yay. Another Giants thread.

I know, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY this could've went in the designated Giants thread. Gotcha.
Originally posted by jrg:

I know, there is NO POSSIBLE WAY this could've went in the designated Giants thread. Gotcha.

I'm about to make a thread on possible emergency starter/long relief options for the Giants.
Originally posted by ritchie:

I'm about to make a thread on possible emergency starter/long relief options for the Giants.

Giants threads are turning up like Alex Smith threads since they won the WS.

Maybe NinerTalk will make a thread on which shoe Alex puts on first in the morning next.
[ Edited by jrg on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM ]

LOL.. As soon as I saw this I thought of you. I have to agree with you on this one.
I don't know what to think about free agency

Sabean pretty much changed the game.

Instead of legit , regular season moneymakers, you should sign underdog, team players who go balls out and have the stamina and heart to keep going.

I still can't believe we are the champions of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting some more World Series Giants stuff for Xmas

dude you watch wrestling...

/argument
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

/argument

what?!

so do a lot of giants threads

/yourironicresponse
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

/argument

what?!

so do a lot of giants threads

/yourironicresponse

how do internet forum threads watch wrestling???
Another giants thread!!!
Webbie just needs to designate a Giants section to this site.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com