There are 209 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Blake Griffin

  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I'm sure some people like when he slams one home and then glares at the person who just took the facial.

"Don't fake the funk on a Nasty dunk " - Diesel
Originally posted by crzy:
I just don't like the media and annoying fans fellating Blake.

He's not the future of the NBA. He's not an MVP candidate.

He's a solid rookie putting up nice numbers on a s**tty Clippers team who has a few decent highlight dunks once in a while.

He's not this aww-shucks humble character that he is being portrayed as either. He's got cockiness and swagger, and that's fine. It's just that everyone wants to build him up as a contrast to Lebron James, just like they tried to do with Durant this offseason. The nice humble superstar, etc. Anyone hyping him up as the future of the NBA will be sorely disappointed.

I'll give Blake credit when he actually does something noteworthy.

I met/talked with him last April, he's a pretty humble guy. He's got cockiness and swagger because he's a fierce competitor that continues to give everything he's got no matter what. Like it or not, players like him who actually give a s**t ARE the future of the NBA.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Sunday's explosion added to his massive list of superlatives, while placing him in some rather select company. According to Elias, Griffin's point total was the most this season. His 19-of-24 shooting, for 79.2 percent, was the best percentage by a rookie taking at least 20 shots in more than a quarter center (Hakeem Olajuwon shot 18-of-22 on Dec. 6, 1984). He joined Shaquille O'Neal as the only rookies in the last quarter century to have a 45-10 game, and joined Michael Jordan and Rick Barry as the only rooks to have at least 47 points and 14 rebounds in the same game.

Griffin is 12th in scoring, fourth in rebounding, and has an amazing streak of 27 straight double-doubles.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=PERDiem-110118

All this isnt noteworthy enough for Crazy though.
Sorry Crz, but Blake is a friggin beast of a man-child.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by crzy:
I just don't like the media and annoying fans fellating Blake.

He's not the future of the NBA. He's not an MVP candidate.

He's a solid rookie putting up nice numbers on a s**tty Clippers team who has a few decent highlight dunks once in a while.

He's not this aww-shucks humble character that he is being portrayed as either. He's got cockiness and swagger, and that's fine. It's just that everyone wants to build him up as a contrast to Lebron James, just like they tried to do with Durant this offseason. The nice humble superstar, etc. Anyone hyping him up as the future of the NBA will be sorely disappointed.

I'll give Blake credit when he actually does something noteworthy.

I met/talked with him last April, he's a pretty humble guy. He's got cockiness and swagger because he's a fierce competitor that continues to give everything he's got no matter what. Like it or not, players like him who actually give a s**t ARE the future of the NBA.

Could not agree more. There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt kill to have the guy on their team. I love watching difference makers in any sport and he is certainly one already.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by crzy:
I just don't like the media and annoying fans fellating Blake.

He's not the future of the NBA. He's not an MVP candidate.

He's a solid rookie putting up nice numbers on a s**tty Clippers team who has a few decent highlight dunks once in a while.

He's not this aww-shucks humble character that he is being portrayed as either. He's got cockiness and swagger, and that's fine. It's just that everyone wants to build him up as a contrast to Lebron James, just like they tried to do with Durant this offseason. The nice humble superstar, etc. Anyone hyping him up as the future of the NBA will be sorely disappointed.

I'll give Blake credit when he actually does something noteworthy.

I met/talked with him last April, he's a pretty humble guy. He's got cockiness and swagger because he's a fierce competitor that continues to give everything he's got no matter what. Like it or not, players like him who actually give a s**t ARE the future of the NBA.

Absolutely. As I said a few posts prior, Blake plays all out every second he's on the floor despite the score.

For some people to discredit Blake just cus he's on a bad team is pretty ignorant. It's a lame argument, actually, for people to discredit Kevin Love, David Lee, Monta Ellis, Blake Griffin, just because they're on bad teams.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Yeah, he's still an All-Star.

It's all relative. All of my "hating" of Blake have been within the context of people dick-riding him before he even finished his rookie year.

Too soon...
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:31 PM ]
The Clippers have also won 10 of their last 14 games, a span in which Griffin has averaged 26.7 points and and 14 rebounds per game. I don't think that's coincidence.

crzy, all signs to point to your being wrong on this one.
Originally posted by crzy:
Yeah, he's still an All-Star.

It's all relative. All of my "hating" of Blake have been within the context of people dick-riding him before he even finished his rookie year.

Too soon...

People do it all the time when there is a new STAR coming into the league. Are you telling me that you didnt do it with Curry last year and Posey for the Giants this year? You better say yes because we can go back and look.

There is excitment about greatness and there is no rule that says you have to wait a full year before you can absolutley say that someone is a star. In Griffin's case you didnt need to wait much past 2 weeks.
I don't even pay attention to basketball but i keep seeing this dude on sportscenter every night and making some incredible play
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Yeah, he's still an All-Star.

It's all relative. All of my "hating" of Blake have been within the context of people dick-riding him before he even finished his rookie year.

Too soon...

People do it all the time when there is a new STAR coming into the league. Are you telling me that you didnt do it with Curry last year and Posey for the Giants this year? You better say yes because we can go back and look.

There is excitment about greatness and there is no rule that says you have to wait a full year before you can absolutley say that someone is a star. In Griffin's case you didnt need to wait much past 2 weeks.

Yes, but I'm a fan of those teams and I'm an unabashed homer.
I do think he's the future of the NBA. He's not the only guy that's part of it, but he'll be a Top 3-5 player in the league for a long time, health willing. He doesn't even really know how to play yet. As soon as he figures out that he doesn't need to go 100 MPH all the time and learns to slow down in the post, he'll be unstoppable because of his footwork/athleticism. His biggest room for growth is on defense, and that'll just be a matter of his willingness to play on that end.

I'm just afraid he's gonna tear his knee up any day now. He makes a lot of high risk plays.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I do think he's the future of the NBA. He's not the only guy that's part of it, but he'll be a Top 3-5 player in the league for a long time, health willing. He doesn't even really know how to play yet. As soon as he figures out that he doesn't need to go 100 MPH all the time and learns to slow down in the post, he'll be unstoppable because of his footwork/athleticism. His biggest room for growth is on defense, and that'll just be a matter of his willingness to play on that end.

I'm just afraid he's gonna tear his knee up any day now. He plays for the Clippers.

Fixed
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Yeah, he's still an All-Star.

It's all relative. All of my "hating" of Blake have been within the context of people dick-riding him before he even finished his rookie year.

Too soon...

People do it all the time when there is a new STAR coming into the league. Are you telling me that you didnt do it with Curry last year and Posey for the Giants this year? You better say yes because we can go back and look.

There is excitment about greatness and there is no rule that says you have to wait a full year before you can absolutley say that someone is a star. In Griffin's case you didnt need to wait much past 2 weeks.

Yes, but I'm a fan of those teams and I'm an unabashed homer.

LOL can't argue with you there.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I do think he's the future of the NBA. He's not the only guy that's part of it, but he'll be a Top 3-5 player in the league for a long time, health willing. He doesn't even really know how to play yet. As soon as he figures out that he doesn't need to go 100 MPH all the time and learns to slow down in the post, he'll be unstoppable because of his footwork/athleticism. His biggest room for growth is on defense, and that'll just be a matter of his willingness to play on that end.

I'm just afraid he's gonna tear his knee up any day now. He plays for the Clippers.

Fixed

LOL!