There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Millsap left off All Star Ballot, NBA only offers applogy

The NBA All-Star Game is a showcase for the league's stars, both established and new. One of this year's breakout stars has been Utah's Paul Millsap(notes), who has been terrorizing opponents off the bench for several years now. This season, with the opportunity to start, he's become one of the West's best forwards, averaging 21.5 ppg on 58.2 percent shooting, 9.5 rpg and 2.9 apg. On top of that, he has a signature moment, scoring 11 points in 28 seconds to complete the comeback against the Heat last week.

It's easy to imagine him playing a big role at All-Star weekend this February. Except, for some reason, he's been left off this year's All-Star ballot, released Thursday by the NBA.

How did this happen? As noted by NBA.com's Art Garcia, the ballot is selected by a blue-ribbon panel of some of the nation's best NBA writers, including Yahoo!'s own Marc Spears. Garcia has an apology for Millsap along with a bit of an explanation:

I listened and interjected where I could, trying to convince the group to give Millsap [his] rightful place on the ballot. I suggested placing his Utah teammate Al Jefferson(notes) at center, allowing Millsap space to swim in the forward pool.

The belief from at least one of the esteemed panelists was that Mehmet Okur(notes) was on the verge of return and needed to be included among Western Conference centers.

Yahoo Sports Blog

[ Edited by global_nomad on Nov 19, 2010 at 19:48:38 ]
That sucks for him. If he keeps it up, he should be a coaches pick if he deserves to go.
Millsap > Okur

That excuse is lame

[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Nov 19, 2010 at 19:52:21 ]
I wonder if Allen Iverson will get enough votes to start this year.

• crzy
  • Veteran
Who cares

He wasn't getting voted in anyways over Carmelo or Duncan or Dirk or Gasol or Durant, etc.
Originally posted by crzy:
Who cares

He wasn't getting voted in anyways over Carmelo or Duncan or Dirk or Gasol or Durant, etc.

Was jus goin to post this
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Who cares

if the F on your team was playing as well as he is, and got left off, youd be pissed too regardless of whether we would have a chance or not. its about getting recognized.
Who cares

this.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Who cares

if the F on your team was playing as well as he is, and got left off, youd be pissed too regardless of whether we would have a chance or not. its about getting recognized.

Well I think Jazz fans should save the outrage for if he doesn't get appointed to the team by the coaches

But I think Millsap is a lock for the All-Star team so...
Originally posted by Niners99:
Who cares

Well I think Jazz fans should save the outrage for if he doesn't get appointed to the team by the coaches

But I think Millsap is a lock for the All-Star team so...

Exactly its disrespectful but he wasn't gonna be named a starter anyways so lets just hope he gets in by the coaches.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home