There are 259 users in the forums

Illinois vs Northwestern at Wrigley Field playing to one end zone

• Happs
  • Veteran
Interesting Development: Both teams will play toward the same end zone the entire game because the other end zone goes up right against the ivy covered brick wall.

Wonder what happens on a pick six or fumble return for TD. Obviously those plays do not occur inn the back of the end zone.

In other developments, the d line will have to count to 5 alligator before rushing, although they can say blitz every 4 downs. The kickoffs will be thrown. And there will be a permanent Quarterback for both teams because of the odd number of total players.

[ Edited by Happs on Nov 19, 2010 at 09:06:37 ]
Just saw this on ESPN. You'd think they would actually think of this stuff before they schedule a game at this location.
  • dman
  • Veteran
@ErinAndrews RT @ESPN_BigTen: To clarify, teams can score points in the East end zone, but only on a punt return, defensive TD or safety.

[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 19, 2010 at 09:16:01 ]
Originally posted by Happs:
Interesting Development: Both teams will play toward the same end zone the entire game because the other end zone goes up right against the ivy covered brick wall.

Wonder what happens on a pick six or fumble return for TD. Obviously those plays do not occur inn the back of the end zone.

In other developments, the d line will have to count to 5 alligator before rushing, although they can say blitz every 4 downs. The kickoffs will be thrown. And there will be a permanent Quarterback for both teams because of the odd number of total players.

is this serious?
I heard it on Dan Patrick this morning, this is just retarded.
This has to be an Onion article...
  • jrg
  • Veteran
What if a team intercepts the ball...do they turn around and run the other way? Lol
Originally posted by jrg:
What if a team intercepts the ball...do they turn around and run the other way? Lol

read reply number 3
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
This has to be an Onion article...

That is EXACTLY what it sounds like.

I LOVE the *idea* of playing a College Football game at Wrigley, but guys, the field does not fit...

this could be one of the silliest ideas I have ever seen.
Share 49ersWebzone