There are 141 users in the forums

Obama hates the Giants

Obama and Alex are busy discussing their similar futures.
WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama is looking forward to congratulating the San Francisco Giants in person at the White House for winning their first World Series in more than a half century.

The White House says Obama telephoned those in the baseball organization Tuesday and recalled the excitement he felt when his beloved White Sox broke their World Series drought.

He made the call.
Originally posted by fister30:
Obama and Alex are busy discussing their similar futures.

small hands
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
SFGiants San Francisco Giants
Calling the @SFGiants to congratulate them on their 2010 World Series Title - President @BarackObama - Video coming soon - #SFGiants

an update now at the link in the OP....

Editor's note: President Obama did, indeed, call the world champion San Franciso Giants on Tuesday. Among the talking points was whether or not magic resided in Brian Wilson's beard. The White House version of the call is here.

i hate when high profile people try to pretend like theyre into something they arent. someone just handed Obama a card that said "tell them congrats on winning for the first time in 56 years, and make a corny joke about "brian wilson" (a pitcher) and his beard?"

nobody outside the west coast knew anything about this team or its players. we played all our games after they went to bed, and the entire eastern seaboard didnt even watch the WS because the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, or Red Sox werent in it.

i have a hard time believing that Obama, who couldnt even name 5 players on the White Sox, even though we was supposedly a "die hard white sox fan", knew anything about the Giants before he was briefed on what to say to them in a phone call.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
SFGiants San Francisco Giants
Calling the @SFGiants to congratulate them on their 2010 World Series Title - President @BarackObama - Video coming soon - #SFGiants

an update now at the link in the OP....

Editor's note: President Obama did, indeed, call the world champion San Franciso Giants on Tuesday. Among the talking points was whether or not magic resided in Brian Wilson's beard. The White House version of the call is here.

i hate when high profile people try to pretend like theyre into something they arent. someone just handed Obama a card that said "tell them congrats on winning for the first time in 56 years, and make a corny joke about "brian wilson" (a pitcher) and his beard?"

nobody outside the west coast knew anything about this team or its players. we played all our games after they went to bed, and the entire eastern seaboard didnt even watch the WS because the Yankees, Mets, Phillies, or Red Sox werent in it.

i have a hard time believing that Obama, who couldnt even name 5 players on the White Sox, even though we was supposedly a "die hard white sox fan", knew anything about the Giants before he was briefed on what to say to them in a phone call.

I am glad he can't name more of them. Politicians pander to all crowds - i rather have him focus his attention on other things than sports.

Plus, he's a BBall guy...
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
So he did call?
Share 49ersWebzone