There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Obama hates the Giants

• boast
  • Hall of Fame
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Giants-Waiting-for-President-Obamas-Phone-Call-106505843.html

Is it an East Coast bias?

After the champagne and beer celebration inside the Giants clubhouse late Monday night, there was one thing missing: the traditional congratulatory phone call from the President of the United States.

"We gave (Obama's) people the private line into Bruce Bochy's office and other numbers to contact us," said Giants spokesperson Staci Slaughter. "But we have yet to hear from him. Maybe on Tuesday?"

The Giants are used to waiting. They waited since 1954 to win the World Series.

Mr. Obama is a White Sox fan, However, in recent weeks, he has cheered for the Giants. During a fund raising stop in the San Francisco Bay Area in late October, he played to the crowds by continually asking about the Giants.

Perhaps Obama will make the call on election day.
Originally posted by boast:
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Giants-Waiting-for-President-Obamas-Phone-Call-106505843.html

Is it an East Coast bias?

After the champagne and beer celebration inside the Giants clubhouse late Monday night, there was one thing missing: the traditional congratulatory phone call from the President of the United States.

"We gave (Obama's) people the private line into Bruce Bochy's office and other numbers to contact us," said Giants spokesperson Staci Slaughter. "But we have yet to hear from him. Maybe on Tuesday?"

The Giants are used to waiting. They waited since 1954 to win the World Series.

Mr. Obama is a White Sox fan, However, in recent weeks, he has cheered for the Giants. During a fund raising stop in the San Francisco Bay Area in late October, he played to the crowds by continually asking about the Giants.

Perhaps Obama will make the call on election day.

dang..., first Mitch Williams and Joe Buck, now Obama.
But they beat George Bush's team.........
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

true dat
just another reason why Obama sucks.

i hope he doesnt call us, it would just keep the postseason tradition of disrespecting the Giants going. thats cool, were holding the trophy.

"He hates these fans!!!!!!!!!"
Originally posted by Niners99:
just another reason why Obama sucks.

i hope he doesnt call us, it would just keep the postseason tradition of disrespecting the Giants going. thats cool, were holding the trophy.

he is just an @$$hole
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

If I had to guess I would say this may be why. They probably don't want to politicize it.
SFGiants San Francisco Giants
Calling the @SFGiants to congratulate them on their 2010 World Series Title - President @BarackObama - Video coming soon - #SFGiants
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
SFGiants San Francisco Giants
Calling the @SFGiants to congratulate them on their 2010 World Series Title - President @BarackObama - Video coming soon - #SFGiants

an update now at the link in the OP....

Editor's note: President Obama did, indeed, call the world champion San Franciso Giants on Tuesday. Among the talking points was whether or not magic resided in Brian Wilson's beard. The White House version of the call is here.
I hope he never calls. I hate the giants!
Originally posted by anubis5:
I wish he didn't call. I hate the giants!

The Giants hate you.
I hope he never calls. I hate the giants!

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

The Giants hate you.

But we'll forgive you if you wear a rally thong.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com