There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!! (4-1)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
I've been rooting for the Giants the entire playoffs..but a few certain posters here and the whole "torture" s**t is kinda making me lean towards Texas lately.

Like your rooting against the Giants makes a difference.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
I've been rooting for the Giants the entire playoffs..but a few certain posters here and the whole "torture" s**t is kinda making me lean towards Texas lately.

Never said it did, just sayin
Originally posted by TX9R:
Go Texas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueywqUBW3oM
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Well, there are always a few posters who get carried away and Torture is what we do, it's our theme. But, whatever suits you. You have more reasons rooting for the Texans anyway.

I'm leaving for the game in 2 hours! Can't effing wait!!!!!!!! Let's go GIANTS

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

I like it

LOL

You act like we love it or something. We HATE it. All year long our games have ended up being heart attack inducing torture fests. When we say "TORTURE" we really are experiencing it. Probably the only ones who are embracing the slogan as a good thing are the bandwaggoners that started watching 2 weeks ago. Us real fans just want to win no matter what it takes.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Veteran

You just don't really get it.

It's tongue-in-cheek man. It not supposed to be taken literally.

Obviously, it's not "torture" when your team is in the World Series. There were games early in the year that WERE torture, back when the Giants seemed like they had little hope of making a serious playoff run.

Now it's become some sort of rallying cry. It's just a silly slogan that goes on T-Shirts, just like the Fear the Beard slogan, and the Rangers antlers and claw crap.
[ Edited by crzy on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:44 PM ]
Go Rangers

Best road team in the playoffs! Lee will be a BEAST tonight!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

You just don't really get it.

It's tongue-in-cheek man. It not supposed to be taken literally.

Obviously, it's not "torture" when your team is in the World Series. There were games early in the year that WERE torture, back when the Giants seemed like they had little hope of making a serious playoff run.

Now it's become some sort of rallying cry. It's just a silly slogan that goes on T-Shirts, just like the Fear the Beard slogan, and the Rangers antlers and claw crap.

Yea, I mean it just means - we always make it tougher than it looks. It's not really a compliment, it's just our way to deal with it.
Rangers in.... 6, first of four wins...tonight
did bochy change his playoff roster at all?
Originally posted by kujon11:
did bochy change his playoff roster at all?

Nope. Same 25.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com