There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!! (4-1)

The rotation will change if need be

Chris Berman picked the Giants to win the Series
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I liked how he did it as well.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

How did he do it?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

How did he do it?

long & hard
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

No way, it's gonna be Lincecum for game 1.

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Bumgarner (Possibly Lincecum if we are down 1-2 or 0-3)
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum will start game 1 for sure. Sanchez may start game 2 so he can pitch in a home environment in a pitchers park. the Rangers are all righties, and crush lefties, so itd be best to keep him in the pitchers park at home.

although pushing Cain back twice may throw him off. either way Bumgarner gets a road start, where hes been money all year. im hoping that since pitching usually beats hitting when the hitting hasnt seen it before, we will have the edge, since our rotation is a bit better.

Tough call for Bochy on rotation but I would go with Cain in game 2. I just would prefer him going in games 2 and 6 at home. He would have way too much rest if he sits all the way to game 3 in my opinion. I think the tough call right now might actually be whether you go Bumgarner or Sanchez in game 3. That pitcher could have the deciding game 7.
I think I would still lean towards Jonathan in game 7 only because it would be at home.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

i just dont feel comfortable with Sanchez pitching on the road. the Rangers lineup crushes lefties, and their park is a bandbox. we cant have another Sanchez meltdown in front of a opposing crowd like we did in game 6.

Sanchez would be more comfortable at home, he would get the pitchers park crutch to assist with the Rangers dangerous right handed bats, and he wouldnt be leaned on to have to win a game 7.

Cain pitched on tons of extra rest this postseason and did fine. i feel more comfortable throwing an all star righty like him against a right handed team like Texas on the road. game 3 will be a critical game, whether were up 2-0 or down 0-2. and i feel alot better about Cain in game 7 than Sanchez.

Bochy has pitched a lefty after Lincecum all year, including playoffs. i doubt he changes what he felt brought us here. i think we will go:

game 1: Tim Lincecum
game 2: Jonathan Sanchez
game 3: Matt Cain
game 4: Madison Bumgarner
game 5: Tim Lincecum
game 6: Jonathan Sanchez
game 7: Matt Cain

i like our chances with Lincecum/Sanchez at home to open it, and the Cain, Bumgarner (road stud), and Lincecum as our 3 Texas SP, and then back to Sanchez/Cain at home to close it.

throwing Sanchez and Bumgarner, back to back lefties @TEX in 2 critical series changing games and then hoping Lincecum can pull us out of a nosedive in game 5 if needed isnt a good strategy.

I totally disagree with you and think Bochy will go with his 2 all star pitchers in the first 2 games. . Lincy and Cain to start the WS makes the most sense. Sanchez pitched great in Atlanta and fine in game 2 in Philly. Sure he didnt have command in game 6 but that doesnt mean he cant do well on the road.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

How did he do it?

They were making the picks for MNF between the Cowboys and the Giants. He said, "I'm taking the Giants but for the World Series, don't worry Texas - I'm picking the Cowboys tonight."

How did he do it?

They were making the picks for MNF between the Cowboys and the Giants. He said, "I'm taking the Giants but for the World Series, don't worry Texas - I'm picking the Cowboys tonight."

Nice. I am excited for Wednesday.

How did he do it?

Berman has been a Niner and Giants fan for 30+ years so it is not surprising that he would pick the Giants. Hell... he used to pick Niners-Bills in the SB every single year. Got to love Chris Berman.

How did he do it?

Berman has been a Niner and Giants fan for 30+ years so it is not surprising that he would pick the Giants. Hell... he used to pick Niners-Bills in the SB every single year. Got to love Chris Berman.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:

How did he do it?

Doesn't Berman still have Candlestick grass at his home?
Giants in 6, possibly 7.

I'm convince of two things:

1) we're winning the world series because it's destiny for this team.

2) we're gonna be tortured the whole WS because that's the way it's been all year and that will not change.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

How did he do it?

Yeup. I just liked how he picked us.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

No way, it's gonna be Lincecum for game 1.

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Bumgarner (Possibly Lincecum if we are down 1-2 or 0-3)
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum will start game 1 for sure. Sanchez may start game 2 so he can pitch in a home environment in a pitchers park. the Rangers are all righties, and crush lefties, so itd be best to keep him in the pitchers park at home.

although pushing Cain back twice may throw him off. either way Bumgarner gets a road start, where hes been money all year. im hoping that since pitching usually beats hitting when the hitting hasnt seen it before, we will have the edge, since our rotation is a bit better.

Tough call for Bochy on rotation but I would go with Cain in game 2. I just would prefer him going in games 2 and 6 at home. He would have way too much rest if he sits all the way to game 3 in my opinion. I think the tough call right now might actually be whether you go Bumgarner or Sanchez in game 3. That pitcher could have the deciding game 7.
I think I would still lean towards Jonathan in game 7 only because it would be at home.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

i just dont feel comfortable with Sanchez pitching on the road. the Rangers lineup crushes lefties, and their park is a bandbox. we cant have another Sanchez meltdown in front of a opposing crowd like we did in game 6.

Sanchez would be more comfortable at home, he would get the pitchers park crutch to assist with the Rangers dangerous right handed bats, and he wouldnt be leaned on to have to win a game 7.

Cain pitched on tons of extra rest this postseason and did fine. i feel more comfortable throwing an all star righty like him against a right handed team like Texas on the road. game 3 will be a critical game, whether were up 2-0 or down 0-2. and i feel alot better about Cain in game 7 than Sanchez.

Bochy has pitched a lefty after Lincecum all year, including playoffs. i doubt he changes what he felt brought us here. i think we will go:

game 1: Tim Lincecum
game 2: Jonathan Sanchez
game 3: Matt Cain
game 4: Madison Bumgarner
game 5: Tim Lincecum
game 6: Jonathan Sanchez
game 7: Matt Cain

i like our chances with Lincecum/Sanchez at home to open it, and the Cain, Bumgarner (road stud), and Lincecum as our 3 Texas SP, and then back to Sanchez/Cain at home to close it.

throwing Sanchez and Bumgarner, back to back lefties @TEX in 2 critical series changing games and then hoping Lincecum can pull us out of a nosedive in game 5 if needed isnt a good strategy.

I totally disagree with you and think Bochy will go with his 2 all star pitchers in the first 2 games. . Lincy and Cain to start the WS makes the most sense. Sanchez pitched great in Atlanta and fine in game 2 in Philly. Sure he didnt have command in game 6 but that doesnt mean he cant do well on the road.

fair enough. you were right. Bochy is going with Lincecum/Cain. alot of it has to do with throwing back to back all star caliber righties against a lineup that doesnt hit righties all that well. i just dont like Sanchez in that park against a lineup that feasts on left handed pitching. i wouldve felt safer with Cain in game 3, knowing if we split the first 2, he would give us a great shot at going up 2-1.

now if we split Lincecum and Cain starts, its up to a lefty @TEX who totally lost it in his last start to keep us from going down 1-2.

i dont trust Sanchez after that last start. and unlike the Phillies, the Rangers love left handed pitching. IMO were in a better position to win if we go Lincecum, Sanchez, Cain, Bumgarner, Lincecum, Sanchez, Cain.

who knows, hopefully we can take the first 2.
Giants in 7. All games decided by 1 run.

Posey with the Game Winning homer in the bottom of the 9th over Cliff Lee.

That would be epic.
Originally posted by ritchie:
Giants in 7. All games decided by 1 run.

Posey with the Game Winning homer in the bottom of the 9th over Cliff Lee.

That would be epic.

I think half the stadium would have to be rushed to the ER leading up to that point.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com